What's new

2024 squad and best 17

mr_c

QLD Cup
going be really intresting our train n trail n development guys last year were hardly used

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Fox Sport Predicted Round 1 team​

DOLPHINS

Ins:
Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Tom Flegler (Broncos), Jake Averillo (Bulldogs)

Outs: Brenko Lee (released), Herman Ese’ese (Hull FC)

Unavailable: None

Analysis: The foundation Dolphins surprised everyone in their maiden NRL season and they in 2024 even stronger.

Wayne Bennett has poached Herbie Farnworth and Tom Flegler from their cross-town rivals, while also signing rising star Jake Averillo.

Farnworth, who was named in the 2023 Dally M Team of the Year, and Averillo will form one of the most exciting centre pairings in the competition.

Flegler joins a pack that welcomes back Tom Gilbert who was enjoying a standout season before a shoulder injury cut it short.

Veteran Kodi Nikorima enjoyed a return to form in 2023 and will push for a spot in the 17 as will exciting young winger Jack Bostock who has reportedly won a wing spot according to reportsl.

Valynce Te Whare will also push for minutes after Bennett banished the fan favourite centre to boot camp for turning up to pre-season overweight and he dropped 10kgs to save his career.

Round 1 predicted team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Jake Averillo
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Tom Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Ray Stone
  15. Kenny Bromwich
  16. Euan Aitken
  17. Jarrod Wallace

I think Fox is spot on except for Bostock/Niu.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Felise Kaufusi/Connelly Lemuelu probbaly be impact of bench too

Equaliser

Felise Kaufusi/Connelly Lemuelu probbaly be impact of bench too
Yes for Niko being in the 17 but who do you think will be the starting backrowers if these two are on the bench?

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Also Jake in the centers, is ideal, and back up in the halves should we suffer a few injuries.

I am liking how the squad is coming together

mr_c

QLD Cup
I see Kenny starting i don't see him offering much of bench also have a feeling. Plath. Will be in there somewhere as seemed to be used in a lot of
the forward training the other day

With what they have in the article above the bench is the worry. Wayne will be looking at impact

and my comments about kaytoa more to do with the fact the more i think about it is the goat going really carry a half this season on the bench if it was it more than likely tobe kodi over kaytoa

but still not certain how often he will carry a half on the bench which he only seem to do if there were injury clouds with milf likely to go that 6 spot could be a itresting take as i not sure he will carry much of a half on bench

Last edited:

Equaliser

I see Kenny starting i don't see him offering much of bench also have a feeling. Plath. Will be in there somewhere as seemed to be used in a lot of
the forward training the other day

With what they have in the article above the bench is the worry. Wayne will be looking at impact

and my comments about kaytoa more to do with the fact the more i think about it is the goat going really carry a half this season on the bench if it was it more than likely tobe kodi over kaytoa

but still not certain how often he will carry a half on the bench which he only seem to do if there were injury clouds with milf likely to go that 6 spot could be a itresting take as i not sure he will carry much of a half on bench
Kenny is a middle forward these days, not a backrower. But you are right last season he didn't offer much wherever he played.

mr_c

QLD Cup
dont see anything in our system or on the market that be any better

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

There was plenty on the market we went for but didn't get. I am sure we will put our front foot forward should another marquee 7 or 6 come on the market.

When that happens SoS will be sending out the SOS.

Dolph

QLD Cup
There was plenty on the market we went for but didn't get. I am sure we will put our front foot forward should another marquee 7 or 6 come on the market.

When that happens SoS will be sending out the SOS.
mr_c mr_c is SOS biggest fan. But yeah, I see him as a good QLD Cup halfback but struggles in the NRL. But due to missing out on Wighton, Dearden, Luai (not sure if we even wanted him. Wayne is very particular about off-field behavior) and Mam, SOS has another chance to impress.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
mr_c mr_c is SOS biggest fan. But yeah, I see him as a good QLD Cup halfback but struggles in the NRL. But due to missing out on Wighton, Dearden, Luai (not sure if we even wanted him. Wayne is very particular about off-field behavior) and Mam, SOS has another chance to impress.
When anyone talks about a player having another chance to impress, the player in question is not good enough.

Purely because the statement implies they already had a chance and failed.

I’ve seen enough. Time to move on.

Josh

QLD Cup
When anyone talks about a player having another chance to impress, the player in question is not good enough.

Purely because the statement implies they already had a chance and failed.

I’ve seen enough. Time to move on.
Problem is, who else is there? For this season. Surely someone will be become available next year. Maybe a local junior or someone at another club stuck behind a gun 5/8 or 1/2.

mr_c

QLD Cup
sort kinda glad we never got those players we would had pay them way overs and for them to become the senior half when they were the jnr half where they previously were

none bar wighton are shown anything at other clubs let alone the stand alone senior halfs

mam aint a senior half dreadon aint luai aint

i going be really interested see what we do with our halfs as milf kodi of this year kaytoa sully off next

but you look at whats in the coming of contract over the next two years none are better than what we got thats half the reason i base my statement of keeping the two we have and kodi because when you have a in depth look none are going be anywhere as good unless we lookof sure

i see lewis dodd coming but we see

Equaliser

sort kinda glad we never got those players we would had pay them way overs and for them to become the senior half when they were the jnr half where they previously were

none bar wighton are shown anything at other clubs let alone the stand alone senior halfs

mam aint a senior half dreadon aint luai aint

i going be really interested see what we do with our halfs as milf kodi of this year kaytoa sully off next

but you look at whats in the coming of contract over the next two years none are better than what we got thats half the reason i base my statement of keeping the two we have and kodi because when you have a in depth look none are going be anywhere as good unless we lookof sure

i see lewis dodd coming but we see
Glad we never got Mam or Dearden? Luai is one of the best 5/8s in the comp as well. He's been a spine member in all 3 of Penriths premierships. You say, "he hasn't shown anything?" I'd say all 3 of them are easily better 5/8s than Wighton. Katoa will be resigned.

The club will go all out to sign Kotoa, no doubt. Milf and SOS will almost certainly be sent on their way. Kodi might get another year or 2 due to his versatility.