What's new

2024 squad and best 17

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Hammer is a fullback at club level. Though off the mark I doubt Val is that far behind him. Over the first 10m. After the first 10m Hammer of course smokes him.
Point I’m trying to make is Val will not make a nrl centre,

Dolph

QLD Cup
Point I’m trying to make is Val will not make a nrl centre,
Disagree. In the first half of games last year, he was really good. Especially considering he was in his first year of league. I think if he can be much fitter, so he doesn't become a passenger at all let alone for half a game, he will end up pushing Averillo out of the centres onto the wing or bench or QLD Cup.

Then again, Wayne might get much more out of Averillo as well so....... I don't know. But I think if fit Val can't get a start with us, he'll get a start elsewhere. We have one of the best centres in the competition (Herbie) so right away it makes competition for the other spot so much harder.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Disagree. In the first half of games last year, he was really good. Especially considering he was in his first year of league. I think if he can be much fitter, so he doesn't become a passenger at all let alone for half a game, he will end up pushing Averillo out of the centres onto the wing or bench or QLD Cup.

Then again, Wayne might get much more out of Averillo as well so....... I don't know. But I think if fit Val can't get a start with us, he'll get a start elsewhere. We have one of the best centres in the competition (Herbie) so right away it makes competition for the other spot so much harder.
He’s garbage

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Hammer is a fullback at club level. Though off the mark I doubt Val is that far behind him. Over the first 10m. After the first 10m Hammer of course smokes him.
put them both on the goal line put a burger van under the opposing posts and i bet its closer than you think

Chris

QLD Cup
put them both on the goal line put a burger van under the opposing posts and i bet its closer than you think
Pretty funny. Val has copped a baking for his weight but hopefully he now has it under control and keeps it under control.

mr_c

QLD Cup
So he might make an excellent winger if the slimmer, fitter Val kills it.
only place val will get a starting centre spot fulltime is in qld cup

theres no way he comes in over jake and hammer even the kid coming next year from tigers

even connelly and atikin get it before him

Josh

QLD Cup
only place val will get a starting centre spot fulltime is in qld cup

theres no way he comes in over jake and hammer even the kid coming next year from tigers

even connelly and atikin get it before him
Haven't seen much of Jake but Bullgrubs didn't want him so....... he surely can't be that good.

Jetty

QLD Cup
News said Grubs didn't make him an offer.
I'm a fan of Val. Hope he gets fit and goes well. But as for Jake, I think he was being moved all over and wasn't playing well. Then the Dolphins signed him. Then he moved to fullback and became one of if not the Dogs best.

mr_c

QLD Cup
News said Grubs didn't make him an offer.
yeah it was choice of Paul Alamoti or or him but paul got the sqeeze when Stephen Crichton wanted to go there they needed player swap we got the better deal mark my words he will shine this season around hammer and herbie

Dolph

QLD Cup
yeah it was choice of Paul Alamoti or or him but paul got the sqeeze when Stephen Crichton wanted to go there they needed player swap we got the better deal mark my words he will shine this season around hammer and herbie
Hope so but if Val kills it, Averillo's versatility might see him play on the wing and be centre/fullback if there is an injury or when Hammer plays for QLD.

Chris

QLD Cup
Bostock sounds pretty confident. There's definitely a spot on the wing open but according to most people I've spoken to, he's a better centre.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Hope so but if Val kills it, Averillo's versatility might see him play on the wing and be centre/fullback if there is an injury or when Hammer plays for QLD.
theres no way jake loses his spot to val , especially with jnr coming in this year

jake wont be coming here to play wing , he prefers centre

Dolph

QLD Cup
theres no way jake loses his spot to val , especially with jnr coming in this year

jake wont be coming here to play wing , he prefers centre
Probably. I just think Val has more potential so I hope he works hard to realise that potential. But might be a bit hard.

But then again, as I said previously, Wayne might turn Averillo into a gun. Lets wait and see what happens.
Bostock sounds pretty confident. There's definitely a spot on the wing open but according to most people I've spoken to, he's a better centre.
He's suggesting he hasn't put on much weight. Too bad. That means he won't see much if any NRL. Last year he got hammered.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Probably. I just think Val has more potential so I hope he works hard to realise that potential. But might be a bit hard.

But then again, as I said previously, Wayne might turn Averillo into a gun. Lets wait and see what happens.

He's suggesting he hasn't put on much weight. Too bad. That means he won't see much if any NRL. Last year he got hammered.
explain to me how val has more potential than jake or is it the fact your going down the cult hero thing ?

mark my words jnr and jake are serious players dont have to be in good teams to be serious players storm prove it tome after time they can pluck people from relativity unknown to strong players