What's new

2024 squad and best 17

mr_c

QLD Cup
Bostock sounds pretty confident. There's definitely a spot on the wing open but according to most people I've spoken to, he's a better centre.
jack is good at defence was very strong defender and read the game well in the games i seen him in qld cup

Dolph

QLD Cup
explain to me how val has more potential than jake or is it the fact your going down the cult hero thing ?

mark my words jnr and jake are serious players dont have to be in good teams to be serious players storm prove it tome after time they can pluck people from relativity unknown to strong players
That's easy. He can get the ball with 3 defenders in front of him and streamroll right over them. I know Averillo has talent to beat defenders with speed and evasiveness but we already have Hammer and Isaako who can do that. Even Herbie to an extent. He can do both. I think a fit Val has the ability to perfectly fit into our backline.

That is nothing against Averillo at all. I rate him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
That's easy. He can get the ball with 3 defenders in front of him and streamroll right over them. I know Averillo has talent to beat defenders with speed and evasiveness but we already have Hammer and Isaako who can do that. Even Herbie to an extent. He can do both. I think a fit Val has the ability to perfectly fit into our backline.

That is nothing against Averillo at all. I rate him.
val will struggle to get gametime , especially having guys signed longer on more money ahead of him will really be intresting to see if they sign him on further

Dolph

QLD Cup
val will struggle to get gametime , especially having guys signed longer on more money ahead of him will really be intresting to see if they sign him on further
If he isn't much fitter than last year, I agree.

mr_c

QLD Cup
personally i dont see them putting a guy thats had limited games over guys who are seasoned campaingers i think even guy like jack willstruggle and edrick as jnr will be on the wing come 2025

Dolph

QLD Cup
personally i dont see them putting a guy thats had limited games over guys who are seasoned campaingers i think even guy like jack willstruggle and edrick as jnr will be on the wing come 2025
Edrick Lee? He'll be lucky to play for Redcliffe.

Jetty

QLD Cup
he be there hes pretty close to wayne ,
Edrick Lee is about 5th in line. Behind Isaako, Niu, Bostock and I reckon Val in centre, Jake on the wing before Edrick Lee.

And what other young players are coming through who can play on the wing?

Josh

QLD Cup
he be there hes pretty close to wayne ,
Edrick Lee is about 5th in line. Behind Isaako, Niu, Bostock and I reckon Val in centre, Jake on the wing before Edrick Lee.

And what other young players are coming through who can play on the wing?
Edrick Lee got a chance last year, did nothing with it and was dropped. It'll take an injury crisis for him to even be considered this year.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Edrick Lee got a chance last year, did nothing with it and was dropped. It'll take an injury crisis for him to even be considered this year.
Expecting big things from Bostock this year.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Expecting big things from Bostock this year.
I am not a fan.

However, this is his year, and I’ll get behind him as a supporter. He has the physical attributes to be a star. He just needs to put it all together.

Nice to see Jake as a centre. He will kill it.

Squad looks to be coming along well. Next year some fresh forwards and a marquee half, and we are competing.

Being a new club, this year fringe 8 should be the goal, next year bottoms half of the 8, year after competing.

I would be happy with that.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I am not a fan.

However, this is his year, and I’ll get behind him as a supporter. He has the physical attributes to be a star. He just needs to put it all together.

Nice to see Jake as a centre. He will kill it.

Squad looks to be coming along well. Next year some fresh forwards and a marquee half, and we are competing.

Being a new club, this year fringe 8 should be the goal, next year bottoms half of the 8, year after competing.

I would be happy with that.
Needs to get bigger or be better handling the big hits. Other than that, I think he goes well.

mr_c

QLD Cup
the fact edrik hasn't been shown the door and been in all waynnes sides tells you something

Last edited:

Jetty

QLD Cup
the fact edrik has beeb shown the door and been in all waynnes sides tells you something
He's been shown the door? I know Brenko was but didn't know about Edrick. As far as being in Wayne's sides, he wasn't last year bar about 2 games.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He's been shown the door? I know Brenko was but didn't know about Edrick. As far as being in Wayne's sides, he wasn't last year bar about 2 games.
opps that should be hasnt been

Dolph

QLD Cup
opps that should be hasnt been
If no other club is willing to pick up even part of his contract, I guess Wayne thinks he's worth keeping around in case of an injury crisis. If there aren't several young players kicking in the door for a chance. More than the 4 or 5 on development contracts.