What's new

State of Origin 2023

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Not sure a solid end of career halfback isn't a good idea. See out time bring in the younger players.

Either that or he'll end up in superleague where all players go when they past their best. Speaking of is brenko moving to Wigan?

Jetty

QLD Cup
Not sure a solid end of career halfback isn't a good idea. See out time bring in the younger players.

Either that or he'll end up in superleague where all players go when they past their best. Speaking of is brenko moving to Wigan?
Good point. But 900k?

midlands hobo

He'll get what people are willing to pay. Certainly no chance of a superleague club taking him at that price 900k is about 25% of the superleague salary cap.

Jetty

QLD Cup
He'll get what people are willing to pay. Certainly no chance of a superleague club taking him at that price 900k is about 25% of the superleague salary cap.
I'm worried for the future of Europe. Everytime they announce a new 'game changer' for the Ukraine, they say 'we definitely won't send *****.' 2 months later they send *****. Now they are saying, 'we definitely won't send nukes'......

Chris

QLD Cup
I'm worried for the future of Europe. Everytime they announce a new 'game changer' for the Ukraine, they say 'we definitely won't send *****.' 2 months later they send *****. Now they are saying, 'we definitely won't send nukes'......
Jesus! We really will be "the lucky country". We will keep a place open on the boat for @midlands hobo👍

Equaliser

Frightening stuff.
Ponga is way, way better than Reece Walsh. But I think QLD has their measure regardless. Though I know this is controversial but I don't think they miss a whole lot regarding Cleary-Moses. Some of us are old enough to remember Joey Johns. IMO, Cleary isn't qualified to tie Joey Johns shoe laces.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Someone offering him 900k for the next 2 years. Hope it isn't the Dolphins. He's 32 now.
In theory it sounds bad, but Hunt is a bit of an exception I reckon. He doesn't have any type of ongoing injuries and is super dedicated to his fitness. He seems a bit like Cam Smith who was still playing great at 37 when he retired.

We have room in our cap for him, and even if we got at least 2-3 years out of him it makes me wonder.

It all comes down to Katoa I guess. Is he our 100% longterm plan for halfback, because he would obviously supercede him as halfback.

Also Hunt and Milford were magic together in 2015 when the Broncs got to the GF - dare we dream lol?

Equaliser

In theory it sounds bad, but Hunt is a bit of an exception I reckon. He doesn't have any type of ongoing injuries and is super dedicated to his fitness. He seems a bit like Cam Smith who was still playing great at 37 when he retired.

We have room in our cap for him, and even if we got at least 2-3 years out of him it makes me wonder.

It all comes down to Katoa I guess. Is he our 100% longterm plan for halfback, because he would obviously supercede him as halfback.

Also Hunt and Milford were magic together in 2015 when the Broncs got to the GF - dare we dream lol?
Cam Smith's game was mostly his passing, organising and playmaking. Ben Hunt is a first and foremost a ball runner.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Cam Smith's game was mostly his passing, organising and playmaking. Ben Hunt is a first and foremost a ball runner.
He's got a great kicking game too. If his age degrades his running game, which atm has not yet, he could have the capacity to adapt like Shaun Johnson, Benji etc. did perhaps?

Equaliser

He's got a great kicking game too. If his age degrades his running game, which atm has not yet, he could have the capacity to adapt like Shaun Johnson, Benji etc. did perhaps?
Maybe. SJ still has a very handy running game and better passing/playmaking than Hunt. But I guess if we have $********* to spend, keeping in mind clubs are required to spend 95% of the salary cap, I guess he'd be a handy signing. It would mean Wayne has little confidence in Katoa.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Maybe. SJ still has a very handy running game and better passing/playmaking than Hunt. But I guess if we have $********* to spend, keeping in mind clubs are required to spend 95% of the salary cap, I guess he'd be a handy signing. It would mean Wayne has little confidence in Katoa.
Lets not forget Wayne let Hunt in favour of keeping MILF. I think the Titans might be gunning for Hunt, not us. Though I don't know how they are managing their cap. have quite a few big names on the books.

midlands hobo

Great start for the maroons turbo gone that all start backline is looking less dangerous

midlands hobo

Spanked. The headbutt was stooopid as was the one back but the punch should have been a red. Jac ran in and punched from behind someone unsighted