What's new

State of Origin 2023

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
I don't like the venue. I mean it's nice and all that but you need a telescope to see the pitch

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Hope Gilbert Is a non surgical. Looked like a stinger more than a dislocation but fingers crossed

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I hate to say it, but I don't think Hammer at centre is a good idea, especially against Mitchell. This could get ugly. So surprised Slater left Gagai out for him - hope I am proven wrong.
I'll eat my words hahaha. MIght have been a different sotry against Mitchell compared to a 50% Turbo, but after last night I think Hammer is 100% up to task against any centre in the origin arena. What a performance and what a game!

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Hope Gilbert Is a non surgical. Looked like a stinger more than a dislocation but fingers crossed
If it is a dislocated shoulder as reported, it can take up to 16 weeks (even longer) to fully recover and play footy. I'm gutted, he is key to our team, gonna miss him.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Is Walsh now the #1 fullback in the game with Tedesco starting to taper off, or is Mitchell above them all?

We got some good depth now with Walsh, Hammer, Ponga, Drinkwater, Brimson and even Jayden Campbell looking the goods.

Josh

QLD Cup
I'll eat my words hahaha. MIght have been a different sotry against Mitchell compared to a 50% Turbo, but after last night I think Hammer is 100% up to task against any centre in the origin arena. What a performance and what a game!
You aren't alone.

Josh

QLD Cup
Is Walsh now the #1 fullback in the game with Tedesco starting to taper off, or is Mitchell above them all?

We got some good depth now with Walsh, Hammer, Ponga, Drinkwater, Brimson and even Jayden Campbell looking the goods.
I'd say Mitchell or Tom Turbo. I know the latter has been down on form this year but even his bad games are good.

If I was a NSW selector, Tedesco out, Mitchell centre, Tom Turbo fullback.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I'd say Mitchell or Tom Turbo. I know the latter has been down on form this year but even his bad games are good.

If I was a NSW selector, Tedesco out, Mitchell centre, Tom Turbo fullback.
Yeah wow that's a big call. Turbo had 1 blinder 2 weeks ago, but was very average in all his other club games and origin. On his day I reckon Mitchell is the best, but it's so hit and miss at times if he turns up. Then again on his day too, which is few and far between, Turbo probably edges everyone else.

I was surprised by Walsh's full season stats - he has had an insane amount of try assists, line breaks, busts etc. IN terms of consistency he is def #1 for the whole season, but he has partsof his game to work on for sure to be the complete package. An Origin series or 3 under Slater who knows how good he can really be.