12. Hudson Young
  13. Isaah Yeo

14. Stefano Utoikamanu
  15. Cameron Murray
  16. Liam Martin
  17. Reece Robson

18. Stephen Crichton
  19. Keaon Koloamatangi
  • I don't think they lose anything with Coasts in for Cobbo and Fotuaika in for Arrow.
  • I wonder who is supposed to be the long-term replacement for Cherry-Evans
  • I don't have a high opinion of this team.
  • Though Mitchell is a huge in.
  • Don't think they lose much regarding Cleary-Moses.
  • #12 is just out and out average.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Game II teams.
QLD
NSW
  1. Reece Walsh
  2. Xavier Coates
  3. Valentine Holmes
  4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  5. Murray Taulagi
  6. Cameron Munster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
  8. Lindsay Collins
  9. Ben Hunt
  10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
  11. David Fifita
  12. Jeremiah Nanai
  13. Pat Carrigan

14. Harry Grant
  15. Tom Flegler
  16. Reuben Cotter
  17. Mo Fotuaika

18. AJ Brimson
  19. Corey Horsburgh
  1. James Tedesco
  2. Josh Addo-Carr
  3. Latrell Mitchell
  4. Tom Trbojevic
  5. Brian To’o
  6. Jarome Luai
  7. Mitchell Moses
  8. Payne Haas
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Junior Paulo
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Hudson Young
  13. Isaah Yeo

14. Stefano Utoikamanu
  15. Cameron Murray
  16. Liam Martin
  17. Reece Robson

18. Stephen Crichton
  19. Keaon Koloamatangi
  • I don't think they lose anything with Coasts in for Cobbo and Fotuaika in for Arrow.
Who wins in each position, IMO.
  1. NSW just
  2. NSW
  3. NSW
  4. NSW
  5. NSW
  6. QLD
  7. Draw
  8. NSW
  9. QLD
  10. QLD
  11. QLD
  12. Draw
  13. Draw
  14. QLD
  15. NSW
  16. Draw
  17. QLD
Seems pretty even to me.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Game II teams.
QLD
NSW
  1. Reece Walsh
  2. Xavier Coates
  3. Valentine Holmes
  4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  5. Murray Taulagi
  6. Cameron Munster
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
  8. Lindsay Collins
  9. Ben Hunt
  10. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
  11. David Fifita
  12. Jeremiah Nanai
  13. Pat Carrigan

14. Harry Grant
  15. Tom Flegler
  16. Reuben Cotter
  17. Mo Fotuaika

18. AJ Brimson
  19. Corey Horsburgh
  1. James Tedesco
  2. Josh Addo-Carr
  3. Latrell Mitchell
  4. Tom Trbojevic
  5. Brian To’o
  6. Jarome Luai
  7. Mitchell Moses
  8. Payne Haas
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Junior Paulo
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Hudson Young
  13. Isaah Yeo

14. Stefano Utoikamanu
  15. Cameron Murray
  16. Liam Martin
  17. Reece Robson

18. Stephen Crichton
  19. Keaon Koloamatangi
Surely Dearden is being groomed to be the longterm replacement for DCE? Wonder why he is not in the 19?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
He plays 5/8 for the Cowboys. Seemingly his best position by a long way.
True, but the halves roles are not so different anymore, especially for origin - AKA JT/Cronk combo after Lockyer retired.

Apart from Ben Hunt who will probably retire when DCE does, the only genuine halfbacks eligible for Queensland who have at least a semi-regular gig are Sam Walker, Tanah Boyd and Jamal Fogerty. None of them are even close to Dearden. Boyd is going pretty well for a 22 year old half and could well develop into a genuine option and Walker has the potential if he adjusts his game too.

Behind Dearden for when DCE retires would be Ezra Mam IMO, and he may well surpass him the rate he is going, but he still is a 5/8. Dearden also seems like he would compliment Munster's free-roaming type role better and provide some stability than mam who plays more like Munster.

We are definitely lacking a bit of depth right now for the halves, but hopefully some of these young fellas pull through in the future because NSW is incredibly strong in this spot.

Jetty

QLD Cup
True, but the halves roles are not so different anymore, especially for origin - AKA JT/Cronk combo after Lockyer retired.
JT could excel anywhere. You could have played him at prop and he would have been good. Cronk anywhere other than halfback wasn't happening.
Apart from Ben Hunt who will probably retire when DCE does, the only genuine halfbacks eligible for Queensland who have at least a semi-regular gig are Sam Walker, Tanah Boyd and Jamal Fogerty. None of them are even close to Dearden. Boyd is going pretty well for a 22 year old half and could well develop into a genuine option and Walker has the potential if he adjusts his game too.
Agree. Which is why it's alarming. Right now it would have to be Dearden but he has a very poor record as a halfback.
Behind Dearden for when DCE retires would be Ezra Mam IMO, and he may well surpass him the rate he is going, but he still is a 5/8. Dearden also seems like he would compliment Munster's free-roaming type role better and provide some stability than mam who plays more like Munster.
Maybe. I guess DCE will be around next year as well but if no young halfback has kicked down the door by this time next year, it will be a real concern.
We are definitely lacking a bit of depth right now for the halves, but hopefully some of these young fellas pull through in the future because NSW is incredibly strong in this spot.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
JT could excel anywhere. You could have played him at prop and he would have been good. Cronk anywhere other than halfback wasn't happening.

Agree. Which is why it's alarming. Right now it would have to be Dearden but he has a very poor record as a halfback.

Maybe. I guess DCE will be around next year as well but if no young halfback has kicked down the door by this time next year, it will be a real concern.
Do you think there is such a big difference between the roles of 5/8th and halfback in the modern game?

It used to be the halfback received the ball from the hooker and distributed to the 5/8 - but that doesn't happen as much anymore. Now the fullback and even forwards do a lot of ball playing much like the 5/8 used to. In some teams the 5/8 operates predominantly on one side and the halfback on the other, but for many other teams with a dominant half, they have a license to roam the field.

Not sure about JT at prop lol however, but he would have given it his best I guess hahaha.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Do you think there is such a big difference between the roles of 5/8th and halfback in the modern game?
In theory no. In practice, it looks like. JT was an exception. Dearden looks like a halfback for me but his record at halfback is incredibly while he's a fringe Origin player at 5/8.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
In theory no. In practice, it looks like. JT was an exception. Dearden looks like a halfback for me but his record at halfback is incredibly while he's a fringe Origin player at 5/8.
JT was definitely a freak. With Billy, Smith and JT all making the decisions, I reckon they will find a way with whomever is in the team in next few years to make it work.

Unfortunately Katoa won't be a chance as apparently he is eligible for either NSW or NZ if he ends up fulfilling his potential.

Jetty

QLD Cup
JT was definitely a freak. With Billy, Smith and JT all making the decisions, I reckon they will find a way with whomever is in the team in next few years to make it work.

Unfortunately Katoa won't be a chance as apparently he is eligible for either NSW or NZ if he ends up fulfilling his potential.
Katoa needs to pull his socks up in the NRL before thinkIng about rep teams.

midlands hobo

He was unbelievable in a losing team today.
He made himself unavailable for the series. However moving on to the future he is a possibility. Apart from the obvious fact his skull is weaker than humpty dumpty

Jetty

QLD Cup
I've a few games this year and it looks ok. Just seems to have weak head. Perhaps if he took the cap off he might be a little more cautious
Maybe. I'd love him to be playing for us. But on the money he was asking for, glad we didn't get him.

Jetty

QLD Cup
No doubt a talent, needs to be protected more or will be finished far too soon
Agree. He's one more serious head knock away from sitting out the rest of the season. Again.

But he's a way, way better fullback than 5/8.

midlands hobo

Apart from Ben Hunt who will probably retire when DCE does
Speaking of Ben hunt he's wanting out of the dragons.....
Agree. He's one more serious head knock away from sitting out the rest of the season. Again.

But he's a way, way better fullback than 5/8.
Never understood why you'd play him in the line where he'll get smashed every set.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Speaking of Ben hunt he's wanting out of the dragons.....

Never understood why you'd play him in the line where he'll get smashed every set.
Someone offering him 900k for the next 2 years. Hope it isn't the Dolphins. He's 32 now.