What's new

Recruitment and retention

Dolph

QLD Cup
Maybe your self titled "gru" status is under threat. You skim through fb, twitter, insty etc looking for news and then claim to have inside info. You live in South Auckland and have never been to Australia but claim to have friends within the club and attend training sessions etc. Cut the bullshit, dude and quit trying to portray yourself as "something you ain't". You do provide entertainment if nothing else.
Personally I hope you are right. Would be a good foil for Flegler. Not the same metre making ability or workload but a bit better with the offloads and footwork. Though I might be wrong. Haven't watched much of Newcastle this year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Oh wow how little you know about me might need to do home work better than that never lived in Auckland in all my life champ

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo/ Junior Tupou
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock/Junior Tupou
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Daniel Saifti
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Tom Flegler
  11. Tom Gilbert
  12. Felise Kaufusi
  13. Max Plath

Interchange:

14. Connelly Lemuelu
  15. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki
  16. Kenny Bromwich
  17. Mark Nicholls

Reserve:

18. Ray Stone
According to the Courier Mail. I think they are wrong. For sure Ray Stone will be in the 17 before Kenny B. Doubt Gilbert will be on an edge. He's a gun lock. Based on form this year, Tupou will put pressure on Isaako before Bostock.
Kodi is more of an issue than a prop. He's had a good year but as he showed last game, he can't be relied on at 5/8. Best suited to being an interchange utility.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Kodi is more of an issue than a prop. He's had a good year but as he showed last game, he can't be relied on at 5/8. Best suited to being an interchange utility.
yeah makes sense they looking for strong half

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Maybe your self titled "gru" status is under threat. You skim through fb, twitter, insty etc looking for news and then claim to have inside info. You live in South Auckland and have never been to Australia but claim to have friends within the club and attend training sessions etc. Cut the bullshit, dude and quit trying to portray yourself as "something you ain't". You do provide entertainment if nothing else.
Ignore him like I have. This place got 1000 times better since I did.

The drunk posting also helps

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Daniel Safiti has signed a 3 year deal. You heard it here first (OK....second).
Hope you’re right. 6 is out biggest need. Then someone to help Flegler.

What was obvious to me yesterday, was the lack of punch at front row, and not making room for our halves and backs to make an impact. I stopped watching at half time.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Hope you’re right. 6 is out biggest need. Then someone to help Flegler.

What was obvious to me yesterday, was the lack of punch at front row, and not making room for our halves and backs to make an impact. I stopped watching at half time.
Good call. It only got worse.

mr_c

QLD Cup
We lack leaders when our leaders aren't there which also looks big concern no Gilbert jmk kodi Thom leaves us nothing think Dan's a good pick up no frills but is leader

Josh

QLD Cup
We lack leaders when our leaders aren't there which also looks big concern no Gilbert jmk kodi Thom leaves us nothing think Dan's a good pick up no frills but is leader
Next year?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Next year?
yes if we lose senior guys again who are our back up leaders last few weeks it shows theres no leadership in the side we rely on gilbert thom jmk n kodi rest cant leader to save themselfs

Jetty

QLD Cup
Got a message on Friday I missed. I believe this to be true
Still hasn't been announced. If it were true, why not announce it? I believe Newcastle are trying to get rivals to chip in as much as possible and are trying to play clubs off against each other. Just a question of who blinks first.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Still hasn't been announced. If it were true, why not announce it? I believe Newcastle are trying to get rivals to chip in as much as possible and are trying to play clubs off against each other. Just a question of who blinks first.
You could be right. And where I got the info from could be wrong.

I am in no way. In the know. I just pass in messages I get from people that seem sound, whilst not always correct because these things change by the minute.

mr_c

QLD Cup
probbally more if they got cap issues its how much they can afford , or more go they can chip in more

mr_c

QLD Cup
also if knights need chip in that could take a awful long time if they need release cap space , as well as keep others

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
also if knights need chip in that could take a awful long time if they need release cap space , as well as keep others
This is a hill you will die on. It's really not complicated.

Lets take the example of Saifiti.
  • He's on a reported 850k next season.
  • Knights think his output is worth about 600k.
  • They are already in salary cap trouble or they simply need to free up money and a position for a top 30 contract for a very good young player. (some other circumstances possible as well.)
  • Therefore, they are willing to pay 200k a year for the duration of his contract with the knights for him to play elsewhere because the way they see it, they are saving 50k a year.
  • Output = 600k. Another club will pay 650k of his contract. 50k is the difference.

mr_c

QLD Cup
This is a hill you will die on. It's really not complicated.

Lets take the example of Saifiti.
  • He's on a reported 850k next season.
  • Knights think his output is worth about 600k.
  • They are already in salary cap trouble or they simply need to free up money and a position for a top 30 contract for a very good young player. (some other circumstances possible as well.)
  • Therefore, they are willing to pay 200k a year for the duration of his contract with the knights for him to play elsewhere because the way they see it, they are saving 50k a year.
  • Output = 600k. Another club will pay 650k of his contract. 50k is the difference.
the third point is where things are breaking down they just aint got the coin without releasing players and that take a stack load of time

Josh

QLD Cup
the third point is where things are breaking down they just aint got the coin without releasing players and that take a stack load of time
They are trying to release players in order to have the coin.