What's new

Recruitment and retention

mr_c

QLD Cup
for all the the injury's and age he is welchy still plays pretty good minutes , theres bit more than his age to reasan behind them wanting outta storm hes been offside with a storm official for there handling of a matter well known to nrl n storm that involved another player more to bellyach stripping captaincy i can see him easily getting outta his last year

Josh

QLD Cup
for all the the injury's and age he is welchy still plays pretty good minutes , theres bit more than his age to reasan behind them wanting outta storm hes been offside with a storm official for there handling of a matter well known to nrl n storm that involved another player more to bellyach stripping captaincy i can see him easily getting outta his last year
Hard worker, not much impact. We have hard workers already. Welch might partner Flegler well. One to do a lot of work and one to save himself for strong charges and big hits.

Red

Forum staff
RCG is still on the lookout for a new club but apparently doors are closing fast. He's asking for too much money and/or too long. I don't think Dolphins are interested at this stage but it might change.

mr_c

QLD Cup
RCG is still on the lookout for a new club but apparently doors are closing fast. He's asking for too much money and/or too long. I don't think Dolphins are interested at this stage but it might change.
way better options for cheaper

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Former NSW prop Daniel Saifiti’s move to the Dolphins is on the verge of being confirmed after a breakthrough in negotiations with Newcastle.

It is understood that after weeks of protracted talks between the Knights and the Dolphins, a deal is close to being struck. Saifiti is expected to have played his last game for the Knights after their 28-16 loss to North Queensland.

The NRL had to approve the reworked contract which will see Saifiti link up with the Dolphins until at least the end of 2027. The final stumbling block was for the two clubs to agree on a financial commitment from the Knights, given Saifiti still had two years left on his rich deal worth about $850,000 a season.

Newcastle are expected to tip in about $200,000 for the next two seasons for Saifiti to play elsewhere.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Former NSW prop Daniel Saifiti’s move to the Dolphins is on the verge of being confirmed after a breakthrough in negotiations with Newcastle.

It is understood that after weeks of protracted talks between the Knights and the Dolphins, a deal is close to being struck. Saifiti is expected to have played his last game for the Knights after their 28-16 loss to North Queensland.

The NRL had to approve the reworked contract which will see Saifiti link up with the Dolphins until at least the end of 2027. The final stumbling block was for the two clubs to agree on a financial commitment from the Knights, given Saifiti still had two years left on his rich deal worth about $850,000 a season.

Newcastle are expected to tip in about $200,000 for the next two seasons for Saifiti to play elsewhere.
good result if we have made them bend to our demands.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Looks as though we will be paying 600k for DS from the Knights, with them paying 250k.

I think those are good numbers. I had a look at other club's pages that were interested, and I am reading a lot of, why aren't we paying 600k for him.

We might have won the financial battle on this one.

Red

Forum staff
I know all the talk is about Saifiti joining us but what is he waiting for? Seems to me, it isn't done deal just yet. I know about the 10 day waiver period but if Newcastle have given him permission to sign elsewhere (as they certainly have), why would they be insisting on the cooling off period?

mr_c

QLD Cup
I know all the talk is about Saifiti joining us but what is he waiting for? Seems to me, it isn't done deal just yet. I know about the 10 day waiver period but if Newcastle have given him permission to sign elsewhere (as they certainly have), why would they be insisting on the cooling off period?
because its part in parcel with nrl transfer contracts they have to do it clubs n players have no choice in the cooling of period

Equaliser

because its part in parcel with nrl transfer contracts they have to do it clubs n players have no choice in the cooling of period
They have a choice. The club who the player is currently contracted to can waive the cooling off period if it chooses.

mr_c

QLD Cup
that can only be done if both parties aggree ie like laui deal to tigers

guess the fact the knights pay some his contract still suggests to me they wouldn't

Equaliser

that can only be done if both parties aggree ie like laui deal to tigers

guess the fact the knights pay some his contract still suggests to me they wouldn't
Why would the team signing the player need to agree to that? Only the club where the player is contracted at needs to agree to it.