What's new

Recruitment and retention

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
the hunt play was a serious one yes , i belive they will wait till he decides before nov 1 and i think if he wants a future at rep footy Katoa he will need tell all 3 powers of be of the representee sides what its choice is
I'm sure it was serious, just being the guru I am, I guess it was more Hunt chasing us rather than us chasing him. In the end it probably came down to that we were unwilling to pay even half of what the Dragons are paying him.

Who knows but right now we are happy with Katoa. JMK is a bit of a worry. Not because of ability but because I'm not sure he has the frame to play a lot of minutes in the middle week after week. Why he keeps getting injured. Needs to out on another 5kg of muscle but not lose any speed.

mr_c

QLD Cup
It's far more than us he will need choose which rep level side he wants play and the only one that wants him at 7 Is tonga n even then if was to play for nsw it be at 6 like kiwis n kangaroos but guess your not really a gru and if they want him at 6 there's no way he be 6 for us and there be every chance walker be good option especially to build on fir future years

Chris

QLD Cup
It's far more than us he will need choose which rep level side he wants play and the only one that wants him at 7 Is tonga n even then if was to play for nsw it be at 6 like kiwis n kangaroos but guess your not really a gru and if they want him at 6 there's no way he be 6 for us and there be every chance walker be good option especially to build on fir future years
Katoa? Cleary will be halfback for several years yet and by the time he's ready to retire, there will be a few new ones Katoa will have to contend with. He'll probably have to play for Tonga.

If he was eligible for QLD, he might be a good chance of playing Origin next year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Katoa? Cleary will be halfback for several years yet and by the time he's ready to retire, there will be a few new ones Katoa will have to contend with. He'll probably have to play for Tonga.

If he was eligible for QLD, he might be a good chance of playing Origin next year.
that be up to him not us

Jetty

QLD Cup
that be up to him not us
Up to him whether or not to play for QLD? It isn't and he can't. Since Greg Inglis they made the rules surrounding eligibility much more strict. Katoa can't play for QLD ever.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Up to him whether or not to play for QLD? It isn't and he can't. Since Greg Inglis they made the rules surrounding eligibility much more strict. Katoa can't play for QLD ever.
more meaning what rep side he plays for yes never said he was going play for qld

mr_c

QLD Cup
Daniel Saifiti sounds like hes incoming , will be here even if thom does stay but hearing thats slim

mr_c

QLD Cup
According to who?

my source as well as this​

sounds like 2 other knights been looked at to

KNIGHT SHOPPED TO PHINS

Former Blues Origin prop Daniel Saifiti has been shopped to the Dolphins as doubt hovers over the future of the injured Tom Flegler.

Saifiti is on the lookout for a new club after being told he is free to leave Newcastle along with hooker Jayden Brailey.

On a huge contract since becoming a regular NSW player from 2019-21, Saifiti is having trouble finding a club with the salary cap space to accommodate him.

One club with plenty of room to move is the Dolphins after they missed out on Tigers star Stefano Utoikamanu after he decided to join Melbourne.

Saifiti has been offered to the Dolphins, who will farewell retiring front row stalwart Jesse Bromwich at the end of this season.

The Dolphins have already released Jarrod Wallace and Tevita Pangai Jr will head to Catalans next year.

Flegler is fighting to overcome a shoulder problem which could end his career and Saifiti could be a handy pick-up for incoming coach Kristian Woolf.

Josh

QLD Cup

my source as well as this​

sounds like 2 other knights been looked at to

KNIGHT SHOPPED TO PHINS

Former Blues Origin prop Daniel Saifiti has been shopped to the Dolphins as doubt hovers over the future of the injured Tom Flegler.

Saifiti is on the lookout for a new club after being told he is free to leave Newcastle along with hooker Jayden Brailey.

On a huge contract since becoming a regular NSW player from 2019-21, Saifiti is having trouble finding a club with the salary cap space to accommodate him.

One club with plenty of room to move is the Dolphins after they missed out on Tigers star Stefano Utoikamanu after he decided to join Melbourne.

Saifiti has been offered to the Dolphins, who will farewell retiring front row stalwart Jesse Bromwich at the end of this season.

The Dolphins have already released Jarrod Wallace and Tevita Pangai Jr will head to Catalans next year.

Flegler is fighting to overcome a shoulder problem which could end his career and Saifiti could be a handy pick-up for incoming coach Kristian Woolf.
I read that this morning too. So he's been shopped to us and half a dozen other clubs. What makes you think he is coming? There are probably 10s of players shopped to rivals every year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
well ask yourself these two things who has cap space , that aint the clubs looking at rcg and corey
2 who replace thom if a not medically ready b medicailly released , from our own squad

Dolph

QLD Cup
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo/ Junior Tupou
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock/Junior Tupou
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Daniel Saifti
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Tom Flegler
  11. Tom Gilbert
  12. Felise Kaufusi
  13. Max Plath

Interchange:

14. Connelly Lemuelu
  15. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki
  16. Kenny Bromwich
  17. Mark Nicholls

Reserve:

18. Ray Stone
According to the Courier Mail. I think they are wrong. For sure Ray Stone will be in the 17 before Kenny B. Doubt Gilbert will be on an edge. He's a gun lock. Based on form this year, Tupou will put pressure on Isaako before Bostock.

Josh

QLD Cup
Daniel Safiti has signed a 3 year deal. You heard it here first (OK....second).
Where did you get the info? All I've read in the media is that he was shopped to the Dolphins, came up and met with the club but still has some issues surrounding how much of his contract the Knights are going to pay.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Where did you get the info? All I've read in the media is that he was shopped to the Dolphins, came up and met with the club but still has some issues surrounding how much of his contract the Knights are going to pay.
hes just pulling your leg

mr_c

QLD Cup
Who is? Are you going to tell me Knights won't pay any of his salary because that doesn't happen?
i will spell it more clearer to you blockades post is lies as nothing has been done yet

Blockade

QLD Cup
i will spell it more clearer to you blockades post is lies as nothing has been done yet
Maybe your self titled "gru" status is under threat. You skim through fb, twitter, insty etc looking for news and then claim to have inside info. You live in South Auckland and have never been to Australia but claim to have friends within the club and attend training sessions etc. Cut the bullshit, dude and quit trying to portray yourself as "something you ain't". You do provide entertainment if nothing else.