What's new

Recruitment and retention

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Provided Manly put up a large part of his salary, I reckon he'd go fine as a 5/8. But would have to lose 10kgs at least.
Very lazy footballer, no good for what the dolphins are trying to create

mr_c

QLD Cup
think its more he wants in halfs but club see him as a forward which he never came to club for

Dolph

QLD Cup
think its more he wants in halfs but club see him as a forward which he never came to club for
Makes sense. From what I've seen of him, he could be a very good 5/8 if he lost a lot of weight and gained some speed. Again from what I've seen of him, I couldn't imagine him being any good in the forwards. But I haven't seen much of him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
hearing phins have meet with two players from st helens one is dodd unsure who other is

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
hearing phins have meet with two players from st helens one is dodd unsure who other is
Lewis Dodd is a decent player. Only 23 I think. Welsby would be the dream but would cost the earth to buy him out. Matty lees could be a shout. Solid prop worked with both Kristian and Wayne before and again mid twenties so at least 5 good years in him maybe Ben Davies. Other than that not sure as they are old

Red

Forum staff
Courier Mail reporting Josh Schuster will officially part ways with Manly this week and 2 clubs are fighting for his services. Didn't nominate which clubs but I wonder if we are one. Kodi is a part-time 5/8 (though I know he's been playing well) and 5/8 is Schuster's best position.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Courier Mail reporting Josh Schuster will officially part ways with Manly this week and 2 clubs are fighting for his services. Didn't nominate which clubs but I wonder if we are one. Kodi is a part-time 5/8 (though I know he's been playing well) and 5/8 is Schuster's best position.
I actually think Schuster is a backrower.

Just my opinion.

Also, if anyone can turn him around it’s Wayne. However, I’m not one for recruiting issues, and it sounds like he has a few.

Red

Forum staff
I actually think Schuster is a backrower.

Just my opinion.

Also, if anyone can turn him around it’s Wayne. However, I’m not one for recruiting issues, and it sounds like he has a few.
Probably right but I think I only saw him play a couple of times. I was impressed by his playmaking. Takes the ball right to line in both hands. If he was slimmer and faster, I thought he'd make a good 5/8. Not sure about his kicking game. Katoa has that covered for the next decade and then some so it's probably not an issue.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i think the reason why he wanted to leave manly is because he never wamted tobea back rower he came to be 5 /8 and they were going drop his pay i would not be suprise if goes with des

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
yeah hes ben a rep player in age group grades
Serious? Katoa is the halfback for the next 10 years. The club isn't in the market for another halfback. The absolute last priority is to sign another halfback.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Serious? Katoa is the halfback for the next 10 years. The club isn't in the market for another halfback. The absolute last priority is to sign another halfback.

more a back up with kodi n milf coming of this year and sean next we need back up halfs and would suggest the club want a few