What's new

Recruitment and retention

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Jack De Belin is still pretty good.
Kind of, Lomax has been playing well since he had a rocket put up him.

I use to know a few people that worked at the dragons. One was in the old recruitment team, and one who developed the youth players. I won’t say who, when they changed to recruitment to give sons of jobs, it signalled certain things for me.

The recruitment there has been worst in the league for mine. One of those that I knew, who departed in those changes, told me they didn’t know what they were doing. Sure enough, they have gone downhill since those changes.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Oh and whiles the dragons went downhill, the recruitment at the club they went to is now starting to bare fruit. Even though he is no longer there. The fruits of his labour are coming through

Josh

QLD Cup
Kind of, Lomax has been playing well since he had a rocket put up him.

I use to know a few people that worked at the dragons. One was in the old recruitment team, and one who developed the youth players. I won’t say who, when they changed to recruitment to give sons of jobs, it signalled certain things for me.

The recruitment there has been worst in the league for mine. One of those that I knew, who departed in those changes, told me they didn’t know what they were doing. Sure enough, they have gone downhill since those changes.
I see. I don't follow them closely but saw the game vs Manly before our game last week. De Belin and Lomax, as you mentioned, had blinders. Also the fullback played well. Hunt didn't stand out at all.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I see. I don't follow them closely but saw the game vs Manly before our game last week. De Belin and Lomax, as you mentioned, had blinders. Also the fullback played well. Hunt didn't stand out at all.
De Belin is a tackling machine, in attack I feel he lacks a bit, plays too much before the line. The Dragons played him at 7 in one game a few years ago. As a middle forward I'd like to see him bending the line more. Since becoming a Dolphin I haven't been watching as closely, so if he is doing that, all good and my apologies.

Josh

QLD Cup
De Belin is a tackling machine, in attack I feel he lacks a bit, plays too much before the line. The Dragons played him at 7 in one game a few years ago. As a middle forward I'd like to see him bending the line more. Since becoming a Dolphin I haven't been watching as closely, so if he is doing that, all good and my apologies.
I don't know. I just think Hunt gets a few too many accolades. In their last game, he was far from the best. Was poor against us a few weeks ago as well.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I don't know. I just think Hunt gets a few too many accolades. In their last game, he was far from the best. Was poor against us a few weeks ago as well.
It seems everyone but commentators and Ben Hunt himself think Hunt is overrated. At least as a halfback. He's had a few blinders playing hooker at Origin level. Didn't he win man of the series 2 years ago as a hooker?

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Yep. Best position hooker. And probably very overrated. I am sure Wayne would have approached him when he wanted back to qld if he was any good

mr_c

QLD Cup
Yep. Best position hooker. And probably very overrated. I am sure Wayne would have approached him when he wanted back to qld if he was any good
only way play jt in team

yeah i know few current and ex players officils there at drags the things they told me will make you wonder why they still a club

i know 4 a fact steelers board members sit in a diffrent box to dragons board members too

biggest issue is the clown behind st george bank

mr_c

QLD Cup
Ross Miller but i dont think it was only just him they pulledthe sponsor deal because they wanted cayless as coach

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Biggest issue at the dragons is paid members don’t have voting rights.

So the board is untouchable. They keep their jobs despite performance, hand out jobs for the boys, and are dinosauric in their approach.

The leagues club is still in the 70’s and a joke amongst nrl clubs.

They are the worst run club in the league I’d say, and those that run it keep getting pay cheques.

Chris

QLD Cup
Biggest issue at the dragons is paid members don’t have voting rights.

So the board is untouchable. They keep their jobs despite performance, hand out jobs for the boys, and are dinosauric in their approach.

The leagues club is still in the 70’s and a joke amongst nrl clubs.

They are the worst run club in the league I’d say, and those that run it keep getting pay cheques.
Cautionary tale for the Dolphins.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Cautionary tale for the Dolphins.
Bennett would be in a good position to tell them.

Dolphins are a lot richer than the Dragons, despite them being owned by Bruce Gordon, who would probably be worth more than most private owners in the league. Seems to pump nothing into them at all. They have gone from the Dragons to the Steelers since 1999, with a half and half board.

Peter Doust is on the board, and kept the club in the 1970's like a mentioned before. He offered Bennett a 3 year deal, after having Bennett land in his lap (due to the Roosters going public). Bennett wanted 5. After 2010, Doust said lets make it 5, Bennett told him where to go and went to the knights with half our squad. Yet Doust got promoted to the board for such outstanding work. BHAHAAHAHAHA!

He rode on the coattails of Bennett's premiership, let's just say, as we all know, it was 100% Bennett.

mr_c

QLD Cup
to be honest knights weren't well run niether were bunnies and dragons at the time he got there

Josh

QLD Cup
to be honest knights weren't well run niether were bunnies and dragons at the time he got there
He worked wonders at Dragons and Bunnies but left them in salary cap hole and Newcastle in a salary cap crater. They are still furious with him in Newcastle.

Wasn't his fault. He did, or almost did as he was hired to do. i.e. win a premiership. Wasn't hired to do that with rhe Dolphins. Seems to be doing an outstanding job. Team is building nicely. Ready for a serious premiership tilt next year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He worked wonders at Dragons and Bunnies but left them in salary cap hole and Newcastle in a salary cap crater. They are still furious with him in Newcastle.

Wasn't his fault. He did, or almost did as he was hired to do. i.e. win a premiership. Wasn't hired to do that with rhe Dolphins. Seems to be doing an outstanding job. Team is building nicely. Ready for a serious premiership tilt next year.

lol doesnt take much for them to be furious up there yet they hire the dumb ass agent and pongas old man plus wont go into details about few issues at a certain bar

gotta really ask yourself can tell you hole crap load more about knights before and after Bennett's time too

ask the club what they really wanted to do with alex

Josh

QLD Cup
lol doesnt take much for them to be furious up there yet they hire the dumb ass agent and pongas old man plus wont go into details about few issues at a certain bar

gotta really ask yourself can tell you hole crap load more about knights before and after Bennett's time too

ask the club what they really wanted to do with alex
I agee. Not saying Newcastle are justified being unhappy with him.