What's new

2024 squad and best 17

Josh

QLD Cup
i think the one that needs prove hmself the most is kafusi spent most time injured or suspened jmk needs prove himself injury free too
And both Bromwiches after a very poor year last year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
And both Bromwiches after a very poor year last year.
personally they getting to long in tooth dont see it and see them retiring i going be intrested what players get used in the preseason games of the jnrs

Dolph

QLD Cup
personally they getting to long in tooth dont see it and see them retiring i going be intrested what players get used in the preseason games of the jnrs
Jesse is retiring. That is confirmed.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins star Valynce Te Whare loses 10kg​

• Te Whare has been welcomed back to Redcliffe by coach Wayne Bennett after being banished to a pre-Christmas boot camp.
  • Te Whare looked noticeably leaner when the Dolphins returned to the training paddock this week after shedding nearly 10kg.
  • "He came to me around 122-123kg and he weighed in this week just under 114kg, so he’s lost about nine kilos."
  • “Talking to Wayne, he is ecstatic with Val’s weight and so is Jeremy Hickmans (Dolphins high-performance coach), who I’ve been talking to regularly through this whole journey.

Good news! Now needs to remain at that weight and push Averillo out of the centres.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins star Valynce Te Whare loses 10kg​

• Te Whare has been welcomed back to Redcliffe by coach Wayne Bennett after being banished to a pre-Christmas boot camp.
  • Te Whare looked noticeably leaner when the Dolphins returned to the training paddock this week after shedding nearly 10kg.
  • "He came to me around 122-123kg and he weighed in this week just under 114kg, so he’s lost about nine kilos."
  • “Talking to Wayne, he is ecstatic with Val’s weight and so is Jeremy Hickmans (Dolphins high-performance coach), who I’ve been talking to regularly through this whole journey.

Good news! Now needs to remain at that weight and push Averillo out of the centres.
This bloke has massive potential. Last year when he played first grade, toward the end of games he was so gassed he could barely hang an arm out to make a tackle. If he fixes that, he might be even better than Herbie. Leave Averillo in the dust. But only if he can fix his fitness issues.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
This bloke has massive potential. Last year when he played first grade, toward the end of games he was so gassed he could barely hang an arm out to make a tackle. If he fixes that, he might be even better than Herbie. Leave Averillo in the dust. But only if he can fix his fitness issues.
You’re kidding me , nowhere near the class of Herbie . Valance will be very lucky to get in the side especially at centre. Very poor in defence and lacks speed off the mark.

mr_c

QLD Cup
after one season no way jakes not far of herbie and hammer, i dont see val getting a fulltime role any time soon

Dolph

QLD Cup
after one season no way jakes not far of herbie and hammer, i dont see val getting a fulltime role any time soon
Hammer will be fullback. Herbie one centre and out of Averillo and Val to fight it out for the other centre. Averillo can also play wing.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Hammer will be fullback. Herbie one centre and out of Averillo and Val to fight it out for the other centre. Averillo can also play wing.
hate to say it i dont see val in picture with jake coming and the kid from tigers next year likely hood of starting more than just injury cove is very low

Dolph

QLD Cup
You’re kidding me , nowhere near the class of Herbie . Valance will be very lucky to get in the side especially at centre. Very poor in defence and lacks speed off the mark.
Of course Herbie is a better centre. And I know Vals defence was poor at the back end of games last season. Because he was so unfit. I think fit Val will be a different story and disagree about speed off the mark. Compared to Staggs that's true but compared to Aitken, probably similar or a bit faster.

Dolph

QLD Cup
hate to say it i dont see val in picture with jake coming and the kid from tigers next year likely hood of starting more than just injury cove is very low
Lets wait and see. Based on last year, I agree. Based on the first 50min of games last year, disagree.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Of course Herbie is a better centre. And I know Vals defence was poor at the back end of games last season. Because he was so unfit. I think fit Val will be a different story and disagree about speed off the mark. Compared to Staggs that's true but compared to Aitken, probably similar or a bit faster.
Aitken is faster than 2024 val so in Conley they are only in the forwards because stronger

lol diffrent side that first round tigers side were donkeys

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
We don’t have staggs, I’m comparing with our centre stocks , Herbie, hammer and avarillo. Val is not a good option in the centre

Dolph

QLD Cup
We don’t have staggs, I’m comparing with our centre stocks , Herbie, hammer and avarillo. Val is not a good option in the centre
Hammer is a fullback at club level. Though off the mark I doubt Val is that far behind him. Over the first 10m. After the first 10m Hammer of course smokes him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Hammer is a fullback at club level. Though off the mark I doubt Val is that far behind him. Over the first 10m. After the first 10m Hammer of course smokes him

hate to tell you jake is the only one with hammer like speed

val will never be that quick not even in his dreams

Chris

QLD Cup
hate to tell you jake is the only one with hammer like speed

val will never be that quick not even in his dreams
Over 50m there are a few players faster than Hammer at any club. I think he was 4th or 5th fastest. No.1 is a Kiwi winger who plays for the Sharks. I think No.2 and 3 are the Manly winger Saab and JAC. From memory Hammer is 4th.

Over 10m I bet there are a lot faster than Hammer. Not sure about Val but he isn't the slowest centre. Especially slimmed down Val is probably a bit faster than last years version.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Over 50m there are a few players faster than Hammer at any club. I think he was 4th or 5th fastest. No.1 is a Kiwi winger who plays for the Sharks. I think No.2 and 3 are the Manly winger Saab and JAC. From memory Hammer is 4th.

Over 10m I bet there are a lot faster than Hammer. Not sure about Val but he isn't the slowest centre. Especially slimmed down Val is probably a bit faster than last years version.
and jakes about 7th