What's new

Wayne Bennett news

mr_c

QLD Cup
Purely hypothetical. How much better, worse or the same would the team have performed if Wayne wasn't organising Souths for next season pretty much in public. Then be down there holding meetings 3 days after Dolphins season came to an end. Usually teams continue on the light training program until after the season finishes. I guess the club gave him permission to walk away before November 1, the end of contract period.
you need stop thinking so he had a scathing meeting for the review of the bunnies ( if we got someone i am sure they woulda been there for our end season debrief too

Chris

QLD Cup
you need stop thinking so he had a scathing meeting for the review of the bunnies ( if we got someone i am sure they woulda been there for our end season debrief too
I'm not sure of that at all. The end of the contract period is November 1. I'd expect the coach to start his duties at the new club on that day. If permission was given to start earlier (with the last 2 months of the contract not being paid), that's fair. I just thought it was a bad look for Wayne to be organising Souths for next year while he was still our coach this year. This thing about being down there, holding meetings 3 days after our season ended and before our end of season awards night is just another indication of that bad look.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I'm not sure of that at all. The end of the contract period is November 1. I'd expect the coach to start his duties at the new club on that day. If permission was given to start earlier (with the last 2 months of the contract not being paid), that's fair. I just thought it was a bad look for Wayne to be organising Souths for next year while he was still our coach this year. This thing about being down there, holding meetings 3 days after our season ended and before our end of season awards night is just another indication of that bad look.
Like the ceo of phins had said he was free to do what ever he wanted after sessin was over like all other coaches leaving

Josh

QLD Cup
Like the ceo of phins had said he was free to do what ever he wanted after sessin was over like all other coaches leaving
If his contract became void after the last game. Not usually the case until fired with immediate effect.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I would say if dolphins didn't want him to go up there ge wouldn't simple as that stop over thinking

Chris

QLD Cup
I would say if dolphins didn't want him to go up there ge wouldn't simple as that stop over thinking
If he was still on the books at the Dolphins, I'd find it stunning if he went down there and held meetings.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Must have been cut loose immediately after the last game. Phone calls are one thing but conducting meetings at their HQ? I don't think so.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Yeah, I'd say he was free to go after our season had ended.

I actually think it's a good thing for Woolf. The sooner he is in charge for next year's prep the better. Last thing he needs is Bennett lingering, everyone needs to know Woolf is the man now.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yeah, I'd say he was free to go after our season had ended.

I actually think it's a good thing for Woolf. The sooner he is in charge for next year's prep the better. Last thing he needs is Bennett lingering, everyone needs to know Woolf is the man now.
I think it must have been the case. And I agree it was a good thing. I think he did a good job. With a bit of luck with the injuries or lack of, we are set up for sustained success. But I still didn't like how Wayne was organising Souths for next year while he was still coaching us this year.