What's new

Wayne Bennett news

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I agree though poor clubs can still be competitive. The hopeless morons at Cronulla rely on the largesse of a US based billionaire who grew up a Sharks supporter. What happens when that billionaire loses 100 million, as they tend to do in a single bad trading day?
Yeah they are reaching, they arent a Dolphins, Roosters, Brisbane, bulldogs etc...

To be fair, they dont lease their ground. Yet they still arent at the top of the rich list

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Yeah they are reaching, they arent a Dolphins, Roosters, Brisbane, bulldogs etc...

To be fair, they dont lease their ground. Yet they still arent at the top of the rich list
They don't lease their home-ground. Which is why it's such a small capacity dump with no possibility of expansion.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I agree though poor clubs can still be competitive. The hopeless morons at Cronulla rely on the largesse of a US based billionaire who grew up a Sharks supporter. What happens when that billionaire loses 100 million, as they tend to do in a single bad trading day?
you realise thats manly not sharks he wont loose money he makes his money of wieght loss , but theres lotsa those types people tigers and bunnies n st george n the perfect example

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
And they built high density rubbish towering over the ground. Could have been a gold mine, it might still be, however, they haven't made best use of their situation.

Dolphins are in a good spot making good use of what they own, including the shopping district right next to the ground.

Red

Forum staff
you realise thats manly not sharks he wont loose money he makes his money of wieght loss , but theres lotsa those types people tigers and bunnies n st george n the perfect example
Manly as well but the Manly owners are in it for profit. The guy who gives millions to the Sharks isn't a part owner or board member or anything. Just a fan with a lot of money.
And they built high density rubbish towering over the ground. Could have been a gold mine, it might still be, however, they haven't made best use of their situation.

Dolphins are in a good spot making good use of what they own, including the shopping district right next to the ground.
The developers won't keep forking out for a money losing rugby league club. Besides, they got in way too late. If they built it 20 years ago, would've made a fortune. But they didn't. When homes are priced out of range for the average working person, as they are now, they are going to come down. There are only so many rich Chinese investors to keep prices up at the expense of Australian working people.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Manly as well but the Manly owners are in it for profit. The guy who gives millions to the Sharks isn't a part owner or board member or anything. Just a fan with a lot of money.

The developers won't keep forking out for a money losing rugby league club. Besides, they got in way too late. If they built it 20 years ago, would've made a fortune. But they didn't. When homes are priced out of range for the average working person, as they are now, they are going to come down. There are only so many rich Chinese investors to keep prices up at the expense of Australian working people.
actually he and is brother are in the investment side of the sharks venture most clubs like phins are branching more out in investments and i am sure a multibillionaire knows what hes doing, like phins owners hes passionate, only way to grow the club new is through investment look how much property cowboys own

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

Funnily enough, I won't tell you what I used to do for a living (Real Estate) and I won't tell you what my wife does (in charge of retail banking at a major bank). I could talk to you about this all day.

I wont put everyone to sleep though

Josh

QLD Cup
Funnily enough, I won't tell you what I used to do for a living (Real Estate) and I won't tell you what my wife does (in charge of retail banking at a major bank). I could talk to you about this all day.

Sounds interesting.

Red

Forum staff

I'm interested, maybe in another thread, how it relates to the performance of NRL clubs. My thinking is that's it's just a bit safer than the stock market. And as is now, prices are too high. Artificially inflated by rich Chinese parking their assets in Aus real estate. In Europe, the same process was underway so they put limits on it because the people who actually live there were being priced out of the market.

As far as I understand anyway but I'm not an expert.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Maybe it's time to make a "Kristian Woolf" thread. I think he is going to do big things. I'm not sure about next year. I expect top 8 but with Flegler likely missing most of the season and JMK being "fragile", a body not really suited to playing in the middle, I think we might not seriously compete for the premiership until 2026 or 27.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I'm interested, maybe in another thread, how it relates to the performance of NRL clubs. My thinking is that's it's just a bit safer than the stock market. And as is now, prices are too high. Artificially inflated by rich Chinese parking their assets in Aus real estate. In Europe, the same process was underway so they put limits on it because the people who actually live there were being priced out of the market.

As far as I understand anyway but I'm not an expert.
The Chinese property market has crashed. More due to govt money structures and how investment works over there. They readily look overseas for all investment. Those that favor property look here due to our openness.

If you look at more mature property markets in the world (Europe), you will find some of those nations don't promote the great Australian dream of owning a home. They a firmly locked into a renting lifestyle/norm, which is socially acceptable.

In Australia, unfortunately, I don't believe you will see a crash int he market, or a vast correction in affordability. There are many reasons for this.

1, investment is too favorable (tax wise, rent income etc), meaning those with the money will buy more, keeping supply low and demand high, meaning prices will continue on an upwards tread over the long term.

2, That supply will always be low, as we don't put plans in place to increase supply. Ie building rates are too low, and those that build them aren't given favorable environments to build (Govt bureaucracy in approves).

3, Our countries natural layout. The proximity to work is centered around cities. And the distance to travel from affordable areas is too far, and our transport suppliing those work dense areas isnt fast, nor good enough. Those city areas are the ones that aren't affordable. If the govt funded something like the Very fast train to connect more regional areas, you'd see more affordable housing that's suitable, become available. The reason govts here don't do it, is that it's expensive and would take longer than a 4-year term to finish, hence they get no credit for it, and it's not in their interests to do it.

Thats enough for one post. Happy to discuss

Chris

QLD Cup
The Chinese property market has crashed. More due to govt money structures and how investment works over there. They readily look overseas for all investment. Those that favor property look here due to our openness.

If you look at more mature property markets in the world (Europe), you will find some of those nations don't promote the great Australian dream of owning a home. They a firmly locked into a renting lifestyle/norm, which is socially acceptable.

In Australia, unfortunately, I don't believe you will see a crash int he market, or a vast correction in affordability. There are many reasons for this.

1, investment is too favorable (tax wise, rent income etc), meaning those with the money will buy more, keeping supply low and demand high, meaning prices will continue on an upwards tread over the long term.

2, That supply will always be low, as we don't put plans in place to increase supply. Ie building rates are too low, and those that build them aren't given favorable environments to build (Govt bureaucracy in approves).

3, Our countries natural layout. The proximity to work is centered around cities. And the distance to travel from affordable areas is too far, and our transport suppliing those work dense areas isnt fast, nor good enough. Those city areas are the ones that aren't affordable. If the govt funded something like the Very fast train to connect more regional areas, you'd see more affordable housing that's suitable, become available. The reason govts here don't do it, is that it's expensive and would take longer than a 4-year term to finish, hence they get no credit for it, and it's not in their interests to do it.

Thats enough for one post. Happy to discuss
Pretty smart!

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
The question I got asked all the time in relation to buying property was.

When is the right time to buy?

And my answer was always NOW. Waiting for a drop or slump is almost always folly. You end up paying 50k more and in some states more.

The second most question I was asked was, when is there fairness in the market? The only time you win when buying and selling is when you so both at exactly the same time. People that sell and say they will wait to buy, screw themselves, and vice versa. Fairness is only achieved when you have exactly the same conditions for both transactions. So, the only way to ensure you get a good outcome is doing both as closely together as you possibly can. Any other way you are rolling the dice, and there is a chance it comes up snake eyes.

Equaliser

The question I got asked all the time in relation to buying property was.

When is the right time to buy?

And my answer was always NOW. Waiting for a drop or slump is almost always folly. You end up paying 50k more and in some states more.

The second most question I was asked was, when is there fairness in the market? The only time you win when buying and selling is when you so both at exactly the same time. People that sell and say they will wait to buy, screw themselves, and vice versa. Fairness is only achieved when you have exactly the same conditions for both transactions. So, the only way to ensure you get a good outcome is doing both as closely together as you possibly can. Any other way you are rolling the dice, and there is a chance it comes up snake eyes.
You sound like a good salesperson.

Not in the sense of a user-car salesperson but one who really knows what he or she is talking about.

Reactions: Red

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
You sound like a good salesperson.

Not in the sense of a user-car salesperson but one who really knows what he or she is talking about.
I’ll be honest. I have sold many things.

Real estate
Electronics
Medical devices.

The key to good sales is making the buyer trust you. Not going to lie, I was shark. However, I found that relationships sold more then the sales push. Being able to establish a connection in minutes of your first meeting is key. Having them trust you, can only be possible if you know your stuff, or seemingly k ow your stuff!!!!!

Josh

QLD Cup
I’ll be honest. I have sold many things.

Real estate
Electronics
Medical devices.

The key to good sales is making the buyer trust you. Not going to lie, I was shark. However, I found that relationships sold more then the sales push. Being able to establish a connection in minutes of your first meeting is key. Having them trust you, can only be possible if you know your stuff, or seemingly k ow your stuff!!!!!
I did a bit of sales on a part-time basis when I was a student. It was hard!

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I did a bit of sales on a part-time basis when I was a student. It was hard!
It’s a hard graft. And you can’t really teach someone to be a sales person. I reckon it’s personality driven.

I’m the type of person that sits down at a coffee shop and chats to a stranger. My wife is like wtf, I came to have coffee with you!

Dolph

QLD Cup
It’s a hard graft. And you can’t really teach someone to be a sales person. I reckon it’s personality driven.

I’m the type of person that sits down at a coffee shop and chats to a stranger. My wife is like wtf, I came to have coffee with you!
I knew a salesperson, I think for Fujitsu, used to sell ATMs and other business machines. He told me he threatens the customers. "If you don't buy this I'm going to report you to your boss." I thought it was funny.

Equaliser

I knew a salesperson, I think for Fujitsu, used to sell ATMs and other business machines. He told me he threatens the customers. "If you don't buy this I'm going to report you to your boss." I thought it was funny.
If you don't sign Cobbo for a mil a year I'm going to report you to Terry Reader.

On a more serious note, Cobbo is very talented but very lazy. Worth not more than 500k a year.