What's new

Wayne Bennett news

mr_c

QLD Cup
They have to be punished otherwise coaches will start training players to take opposition out with 'accidental' high shots but for the very worst of that kind of thing, 10 in the bin should be enough. No doubt at all that if Walsh hadn't ducked/ slipped after Suuali had already launched himself into the tackle, it wouldn't have been high.
you hit nail on head its the high shots coached a kid who was 16 when i coached him 18 now has not been able to play since due to reccuring head knocks

Reactions: Red

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
They have to be punished otherwise coaches will start training players to take opposition out with 'accidental' high shots but for the very worst of that kind of thing, 10 in the bin should be enough. No doubt at all that if Walsh hadn't ducked/ slipped after Suuali had already launched himself into the tackle, it wouldn't have been high.
Yeah, they have to be punished, 10 in the bin should be enough. I think you are agreeing with me.

Now, when you report them, you need to make the fine LARGE, if found guilty. If these guys are losing the cash, and their agents are suffering due to a percentage lost in wages. Watch them stop hitting high.

Minor fines that are essentially paid by the club, don't deter anything. A substantial fine, to the player, and club if reoccurring, will stop the matter quick smart.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Yeah, they have to be punished, 10 in the bin should be enough. I think you are agreeing with me.

Now, when you report them, you need to make the fine LARGE, if found guilty. If these guys are losing the cash, and their agents are suffering due to a percentage lost in wages. Watch them stop hitting high.

Minor fines that are essentially paid by the club, don't deter anything. A substantial fine, to the player, and club if reoccurring, will stop the matter quick smart.
đź’Ż The more doubt there is whether the player charged had time to react to the player who ducked/slipped/fell/crouched before contact, the less the fine. And it should be very, very flagrant for it to be a send off. I like Wayne's idea. Penalise them the team with interchange and give them 10 in the bin. There is still send offs for things like headbutts, eye gouge and etc. Send off should still be a thing for the really grubby blokes like Hudson Young but as for high tackles, the vast majority I see are as a result of ducking/slipping/falling/crouching just before contact.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

MURRAY’S BACK ROW SWITCH

Cameron Murray was named to return for the Rabbitohs after Game II Origin duties, and many expected him to return to the No.13 jersey. But instead, South Sydney’s captain and arguably their most consistent player, has been shifted to the back row with Keaon Koloamatangi retaining his position at lock.

Murray has played 124 games at lock, 25 off the bench and eight in the backrow since making his NRL debut in 2017. Meanwhile, Koloamatangi has played 76 times on an edge and only five times at lock, having played at lock in the Rabbitohs’ last four games.

The big decision made by interim Ben Hornby is almost definitely being influenced by incoming master coach Wayne Bennett. He reportedly told Hornby to shift Koloamatangi to the middle of the park, a move that’s inspired the Rabbitohs to four-straight wins after losing six games on the trot.

There it is again. Does Wayne know that Souths are a rival of the team he is getting paid to coach now? I think the club power-brokers are not happy about this. They would be justified in being angry.

mr_c

QLD Cup

MURRAY’S BACK ROW SWITCH

Cameron Murray was named to return for the Rabbitohs after Game II Origin duties, and many expected him to return to the No.13 jersey. But instead, South Sydney’s captain and arguably their most consistent player, has been shifted to the back row with Keaon Koloamatangi retaining his position at lock.

Murray has played 124 games at lock, 25 off the bench and eight in the backrow since making his NRL debut in 2017. Meanwhile, Koloamatangi has played 76 times on an edge and only five times at lock, having played at lock in the Rabbitohs’ last four games.

The big decision made by interim Ben Hornby is almost definitely being influenced by incoming master coach Wayne Bennett. He reportedly told Hornby to shift Koloamatangi to the middle of the park, a move that’s inspired the Rabbitohs to four-straight wins after losing six games on the trot.

There it is again. Does Wayne know that Souths are a rival of the team he is getting paid to coach now? I think the club power-brokers are not happy about this. They would be justified in being angry.

doesnt worry me at all we got one thing that other coaches aint got woolf at the helm and i can bet top dollar hes had a more hands on role than most assnts would wouldnt be many clubs that have that wouldnt be worried to much we lost players and guy thats carried our team all season n made guys in our side look average players need step up simple as that

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think there is something in it. Cook came out publicly and said he had discussed his situation with Wayne.
of course hes going to if hes the incoming coach n had make up his mind before deadline i have no prob with that of club given him permission

mr_c

QLD Cup
i am sure our guys are finding out if they needed by our club too

Dolph

QLD Cup
of course hes going to if hes the incoming coach n had make up his mind before deadline i have no prob with that of club given him permission
I know he's not breaking any rules. I just think it isn't a good look.

mr_c

QLD Cup
more time with woolf the better as he will see before offseason where our strength n weakness are especially with new recruitment coming in

Dolph

QLD Cup
more time with woolf the better as he will see before offseason where our strength n weakness are especially with new recruitment coming in
Yes. And less time Wayne spends coaching our rival while he's still employed by us, the better.

Red

Forum staff
Yes. And less time Wayne spends coaching our rival while he's still employed by us, the better.
The amount of coaching for Souffs he's actually been doing is probably greatly exaggerated. If it isn't, I agree it's highly inappropriate.

Chris

QLD Cup
His final game as Dolphins coach was on Sunday, September 8. Just three days later, Bennett was at Souths headquarters meeting with the underperforming Rabbitohs.

I've gotta say, I think Wayne's mind was already at Souths in the second half of the season. He must really love life in the inner-city.

mr_c

QLD Cup
His final game as Dolphins coach was on Sunday, September 8. Just three days later, Bennett was at Souths headquarters meeting with the underperforming Rabbitohs.

I've gotta say, I think Wayne's mind was already at Souths in the second half of the season. He must really love life in the inner-city.

How was it ffs we were just about in.top 8 in second year with stack load injurys media has just beaten up the fact he was already working with bunnies as all the media that he despised said it buzz n co .Who are Crack heads

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
How was it ffs we were just about in.top 8 in second year with stack load injurys media has just beaten up the fact he was already working with bunnies as all the media that he despised said it buzz n co .Who are Crack heads
Purely hypothetical. How much better, worse or the same would the team have performed if Wayne wasn't organising Souths for next season pretty much in public. Then be down there holding meetings 3 days after Dolphins season came to an end. Usually teams continue on the light training program until after the season finishes. I guess the club gave him permission to walk away before November 1, the end of contract period.