What's new

Wayne Bennett news

Jetty

QLD Cup
A look into the future this weekend. I hope Wayne gets better soon but that's the thing at his age. Very easy to be brought down.

Wayne Bennett may miss Eels vs Dolphins game with illness​

Kristian Woolf may get an early opportunity to step into the coaching hot-seat​

Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett is in danger of missing Friday night’s clash with the Eels in Darwin due to illness. ‘The Wayne Plane’ has been grounded in Brisbane, with Bennett not making the trip to the Top End with the Dolphins on Wednesday.

Assistant coach Kristian Woolf will oversee the Dolphins’ captain’s run in Darwin on Thursday afternoon and may take charge for the Parramatta match.
Bennett is a chance of jetting into the Northern Territory on game day, but the logistics of the trip could prevent the master coach from being at the game.
There are limited flights from Brisbane to Darwin and the 4-hour flight time may be detrimental to Bennett’s recovery given he has been battling a virus.

Red

Forum staff

South Sydney tables three-year, $2.5 million-plus deal to Wayne Bennett​

Wayne Bennett is on track to become the first coach in Australian sport to call the shots at age 80​

I just think Wayne should enjoy his retirement and give the next generation, or the generation after a chance.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Wayne Bennett is on track to become the first coach in Australian sport to call the shots at age 80​

I just think Wayne should enjoy his retirement and give the next generation, or the generation after a chance.
Good luck to him. We are moving forward with Wolff.

Jetty

QLD Cup

I think he's set us up really well. Hope he goes ok at Souths but not too good.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal​

Easy to say we should've signed him for longer but looking forward to seeing what Wolff can do with this team.
I'm confident with Wolff. Would've been nice for Wayne to stay a bit longer but Wolff wasn't willing to take a back seat for more than 2 years.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Seems Souths might be it even if he hasn't put pen to paper yet.
He'll sign for Souths. I wonder what might have been if we signed him for 3 or 4 or 5 years. Wolff is highly regarded and wasn't willing to be an assistant for that long.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Wayne is almost certainly going to sign with Souths on Monday. So by the time his contract finishes there, he'll be a cool 79 years-old. I just hope it doesn't have a bad effect on the Dolphins for the rest of this season. Especially as O'Sullivan is probably also signing elsewhere. That might even be more of a problem. Will he be recruiting for us or St. George for the rest of this year?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Wayne is almost certainly going to sign with Souths on Monday. So by the time his contract finishes there, he'll be a cool 79 years-old. I just hope it doesn't have a bad effect on the Dolphins for the rest of this season. Especially as O'Sullivan is probably also signing elsewhere. That might even be more of a problem. Will he be recruiting for us or St. George for the rest of this year?
bo if he signs he wont be recurting till off season same with wanye that november 1 will be when things are allowed to happen unless clubs give freedom to look

Josh

QLD Cup
bo if he signs he wont be recurting till off season same with wanye that november 1 will be when things are allowed to happen unless clubs give freedom to look
You would hope so.

mr_c

QLD Cup
jaydn Su'A wont see his dad at bunnies as hes staying at drags

Josh

QLD Cup
jaydn Su'A wont see his dad at bunnies as hes staying at drags
Good for Dragons. We are happy with Lemuelu, Finefeuiaki, Kafusi, Aitken, Gilbert, Plath and Ray Stone all fighting for 3 spots in the backrow and lock.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Kafusi, be used more as a prop n got feeling if we dont buy one more prop we may see more used like fus