What's new

Recruitment and retention

Josh

QLD Cup
Tigers/Balmain youth football is in bad shape.

Enfield Feds. Died, the home of Robbie Farah, and a massive youth club.

It’s a metaphor for the state of Balmain youth system
I don't doubt it. An inner-city club in a gentrified area. Of the few kids there, they mostly play soccer or basketball. I was thinking of the Campbelltown area. i.e. the Wests side of the merger. St. George are in the same boat but not extreme. The St. George side of the merger have some juniors, not a tiny junior base, but it's dwarfed by the Illawarra side.

I know St. George thrashed Canterbury in the final of the U19s competition recently but I heard it was a team of juniors recruited from all over NSW and QLD. Very few from the southern Sydney area. That's why they were so strong.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I don't doubt it. An inner-city club in a gentrified area. Of the few kids there, they mostly play soccer or basketball. I was thinking of the Campbelltown area. i.e. the Wests side of the merger. St. George are in the same boat but not extreme. The St. George side of the merger have some juniors, not a tiny junior base, but it's dwarfed by the Illawarra side.

I know St. George thrashed Canterbury in the final of the U19s competition recently but I heard it was a team of juniors recruited from all over NSW and QLD. Very few from the southern Sydney area. That's why they were so strong.
But both are probably still smaller than the junior base we have.

Josh

QLD Cup

Off contract November 1:

• Connelly Lemuelu: Still young, probably a good pairing with Finefeuiaki though might be behind Aitken next year.
  • Felise Kaufusi: Retire
  • Harrison Graham: Skillful and works hard but not fast enough to be a hooker. Running or passing from dummy half.
  • Jack Bostock: Jury is out.
  • Josh Kerr: Jury is out.
  • Kenneath Bromwich: Retire
  • Mark Nicholls (CO): Retire
  • Mason Teague (MO): Probably not.
  • Robert Jennings (MO): ESL
  • Sean O’Sullivan: ESL

mr_c

QLD Cup
  • Jack Bostock: will stay as they want get his sister here
  • Josh Kerr his hearts here dont see him going
wallace is too he will go

Blockade

QLD Cup

Off contract November 1:

• Connelly Lemuelu: Still young, probably a good pairing with Finefeuiaki though might be behind Aitken next year.
  • Felise Kaufusi: Retire
  • Harrison Graham: Skillful and works hard but not fast enough to be a hooker. Running or passing from dummy half.
  • Jack Bostock: Jury is out.
  • Josh Kerr: Jury is out.
  • Kenneath Bromwich: Retire
  • Mark Nicholls (CO): Retire
  • Mason Teague (MO): Probably not.
  • Robert Jennings (MO): ESL
  • Sean O’Sullivan: ESL
Are you sure about this list? Most of these guys are contracted for 2025.

mr_c

QLD Cup
if you look beside there name few these have mo and co club n mutual option if they want to stick around they can if get better offer club can let them go

Josh

QLD Cup
I think all of them are contracted for 2025. Rival clubs can talk to them from November 1 this year. I should have made that clear. Sorry for the confusion.

Josh

QLD Cup
  • Jack Bostock: will stay as they want get his sister here
  • Josh Kerr his hearts here dont see him going
wallace is too he will go
I was wondering if the club wants to keep them, not if they will stay.

Blockade

QLD Cup
I was wondering if the club wants to keep them, not if they will stay.
They'll definitely want to keep both. Bostock is one of the best young wingers in the game. Kerr has been outstanding and I'm sure he'll sign an upgrade in the near future.

mr_c

QLD Cup
They'll definitely want to keep both. Bostock is one of the best young wingers in the game. Kerr has been outstanding and I'm sure he'll sign an upgrade in the near future.
especially if bostocks sister want be in the womans carpas side

Blockade

QLD Cup
Off contract at the end of 2024:

Anthony Milford- Won't be re-signed.
Tesi Nui- Maybe.
Val Te Whare- Released.
Kodi Nikorima- Will be re-signed.
Ray Stone- Will be re-signed.
Edrick Lee- Gone.
Euan Aitken- Maybe at a cut price wage.
Jarrod Wallace- Gone.

*** There is speculation that Jake Averillo may seek a release from the final two years of his contract. Apparently, he wants to return to Sydney.

Last edited:

Josh

QLD Cup

Tesi Nui- Maybe.
Val Te Whare- Released.
Edrick Lee- Gone.
Jarrod Wallace- Gone.

*** There is speculation that Jake Averillo may seek a release from the final two years of his contract. Apparently, he wants to return to Sydney.
I agree with that 100%. Averillo wouldn't be a huge loss. Tessi might be better.

mr_c

QLD Cup

Tesi Nui- Maybe.
Val Te Whare- Released.
Edrick Lee- Gone.
Jarrod Wallace- Gone.

lol jake wanting to leave is the funny shit ever wont happen hes great mates with fieny danny has wrong dolphins player and is still under contract

Jetty

QLD Cup
Kerr has surprised me but Bostock strikes me as being a fringe first grader. He's the same age as Cobbo, older than Reece Walsh. He seems to me a younger version of Corey Oats. Certainly not a bad player but pretty far from one of the best young wingers.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Kerr has surprised me but Bostock strikes me as being a fringe first grader. He's the same age as Cobbo, older than Reece Walsh. He seems to me a younger version of Corey Oats. Certainly not a bad player but pretty far from one of the best young wingers.
does it really matter what quality he is even the best get it wrong, we in our second year and building nicely .when fieny n woolfy take over n i i reckon there be few suprises , on cards i no one they looking to target but may not be till end next

Blockade

QLD Cup
lol jake wanting to leave is the funny shit ever wont happen hes great mates with fieny danny has wrong dolphins player and is still under contract
I'm not sure if there is any truth in it but it's being reported in today's Sydney Morning Herald. You need to start using punctuation as your posts are very difficult to decipher.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Kerr has surprised me but Bostock strikes me as being a fringe first grader. He's the same age as Cobbo, older than Reece Walsh. He seems to me a younger version of Corey Oats. Certainly not a bad player but pretty far from one of the best young wiangers.
Bostock is younger than both Cobbo and Walsh. He currently leads the NRL in linebreaks, second in tries scored and averaging 137m per game. This from a 20 yo who has played 13 career games. You're a hard marker.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Bostock is younger than both Cobbo and Walsh. He currently leads the NRL in linebreaks, second in tries scored and averaging 137m per game. This from a 20 yo who has played 13 career games. You're a hard marker.
He's 21 this year, isn't he?

He has a few too many mistakes in hi mCan run hard and make metres but that will only take you so far. I like the possibility of him playing centre.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He's 21 this year, isn't he?

He has a few too many mistakes in hi mCan run hard and make metres but that will only take you so far. I like the possibility of him playing centre.
to many mistakes sums up most the players , in outside sit on the same amount of errors as said above. your way to hard on a kid thats only really in first year and you expect him n others to be super stars .