What's new

Recruitment and retention

Jetty

QLD Cup
A rumour Jensen from the Broncos is being offered to us.
Where did you hear it? Why would we want him? So they can lock up one of thier good young props? No thanks. We will take one of them instead.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Where did you hear it? Why would we want him? So they can lock up one of thier good young props? No thanks. We will take one of them instead.
you wont get them pretty sure they be allready locked in

Josh

QLD Cup
Strictly an unconfirmed rumour. As for why we would want him, good question. It's probably not true. I mean, him being offered might be true but I expect our management would have said, "no thanks".

mr_c

QLD Cup
Probably not but we don't have to help them by taking over the contract of their fringe first grade prop.
plenty clubs done it with great success even we have sometimes a second or 3rd choice is better than what we have big names pay big money and dont always play there best ,

Jetty

QLD Cup
plenty clubs done it with great success even we have sometimes a second or 3rd choice is better than what we have big names pay big money and dont always play there best ,
True. But much more often, fringe NRL players cease being fringe NRL players and become good QLD Cup players.

Jetty

QLD Cup
thats more backs alot of forwards are soild as
Some are, most aren't. Maybe Jensen will be solid wherever he goes but I think the Dolphins already have a number of those kind of players. We should be looking for outstanding young props yet to play NRL.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Some are, most aren't. Maybe Jensen will be solid wherever he goes but I think the Dolphins already have a number of those kind of players. We should be looking for outstanding young props yet to play NRL.
sadly you fond most young props are hard to entice because they like hens teeth same with halfs

Josh

QLD Cup
sadly you fond most young props are hard to entice because they like hens teeth same with halfs
Playmakers for sure but seems to be a good number of props coming through. The two best, Haas and Tino are both only in their early 20s.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Playmakers for sure but seems to be a good number of props coming through. The two best, Haas and Tino are both only in their early 20s.
but ones of contract aint just look at them two and how long they locked up for and other clubs young props

mr_c

QLD Cup
Tyler Szepanowski i see hes joined the carpas again he was highly promising when he was in the phins system last year i hope he gets a go at 1st grade for us