What's new

Recruitment and retention

Jetty

QLD Cup
to many mistakes sums up most the players , in outside sit on the same amount of errors as said above. your way to hard on a kid thats only really in first year and you expect him n others to be super stars .
Ok. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. I hope he turns out to be a superstar. It's just he reminds me of a younger but smaller Corey Oats. Not a bad player at all. A very good one. But far from one of the best wingers.

But again, I really hope he proves me wrong. Proves me wrong in tough games. He was poor when the Broncos gave us a touch-up a few weeks ago.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Ok. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. I hope he turns out to be a superstar. It's just he reminds me of a younger but smaller Corey Oats. Not a bad player at all. A very good one. But far from one of the best wingers.

But again, I really hope he proves me wrong. Proves me wrong in tough games. He was poor when the Broncos gave us a touch-up a few weeks ago.
Exactly. A few of our blokes of ours are killing it present but we've had a pretty lucky draw so far. Against Manly they lost Tom Turbo, were lucky against Cowboys second time around even though their form has fallen off a cliff since they flogged us in the first round. Broncos flogged us. Before getting too carried away with surprise packets like Plath, Kerr, Bostock and Aitken to a lesser extent, lets see how they go in tough games.

mr_c

QLD Cup

But again, I really hope he proves me wrong. Proves me wrong in tough games. He was poor when the Broncos gave us a touch-up a few weeks ago
was more than him that was poor in that game , countless things went wrong, to be honest theres not really a stand out winger in this comp all them have flaws

Blockade

QLD Cup
Exactly. A few of our blokes of ours are killing it present but we've had a pretty lucky draw so far. Against Manly they lost Tom Turbo, were lucky against Cowboys second time around even though their form has fallen off a cliff since they flogged us in the first round. Broncos flogged us. Before getting too carried away with surprise packets like Plath, Kerr, Bostock and Aitken to a lesser extent, lets see how they go in tough games.
I don't think anyone is getting carried away. I still think a playoff spot will be a tough achievement. Only need 7 wins out of 15 but that sounds a lot easier than it actually is.

I don't buy that they have had a lucky draw. There are no easy games when you are a sophomore club and they really have no business beating anyone. The likes of Plath, Kerr and Bostock will be around the club for many years to come.

Equaliser

I don't think anyone is getting carried away. I still think a playoff spot will be a tough achievement. Only need 7 wins out of 15 but that sounds a lot easier than it actually is.

I don't buy that they have had a lucky draw. There are no easy games when you are a sophomore club and they really have no business beating anyone. The likes of Plath, Kerr and Bostock will be around the club for many years to come.
Plath and Bostock. Kerr is 28 or 29 this year, isn't he?

I didn't say it's been an easy draw. Just said some thing things have fallen our way. Unless you don't think Tom Trbojevic going of with 30 min left isn't a big deal for Manly. But there are no easy games. Next Sunday vs Tigers will be tough. No easy games as our loss to Newcastle showed.

Josh

QLD Cup

You re right about no easy games but I think given the form and the players we have coming back, if we can beat the Tigers this week, it will take a collapse to not make the 8. It might be time to aim for top 4.

Blockade

QLD Cup
You re right about no easy games but I think given the form and the players we have coming back, if we can beat the Tigers this week, it will take a collapse to not make the 8. It might be time to aim for top 4.
Yes, it would be quite the collapse to be 7-3 and not make the playoffs. But it's a really tough second half schedule with games against all the current big guns. Top 4 is a bit ambitious. A finals berth in their second year would be an incredible achievement. It will be a tough road though.

mr_c

QLD Cup
intresting unsure who we looking at but Wallace's agent told uk clubs we looking for a player swap deal(told to me by someone with connections inside one the clubs hes looking at for wallace

mr_c

QLD Cup
Tupouniua will be a intresting pick up especailly if they us fuis more as prop he is good mates with both incoming coaches and his best mates boy is in our jnr system

Equaliser

Tupouniua will be a intresting pick up especailly if they us fuis more as prop he is good mates with both incoming coaches and his best mates boy is in our jnr system
Good player but definitely not a prop.

mr_c

QLD Cup
intresting hearing peter o'sullivain has had majior talks with dragons to be there head of recruitment

• Sad
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
intresting hearing peter o'sullivain has had majior talks with dragons to be there head of recruitment
He seems to be good at his job. Would be a big loss. Where did you hear that?

mr_c

QLD Cup
DOLPHINS’ NEXT DILEMMA

One of the best talent scouts in the game, the Dolphins’ Peter O’Sullivan, has a major decision to make.

The recruitment guru who unearthed the likes of Greg Inglis, Boyd Cordner, Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, Joey Manu, Latrell Mitchell and Isaiah Katoa is off contract with the Dolphins.

O’Sullivan has met with St George Illawarra chairman Andrew Lancaster and the Red V have tabled an offer to try and land the NRL talent scout.

The Dolphins are also at the negotiating table and working their way through whether O’Sullivan remains at the club or pursues another opportunity.

It would be a homecoming of sorts if O’Sullivan lands back at St George Illawarra with the recruitment guru starting his career with the St George Dragons many moons ago as an SG Ball coach.

gone up in foxsport they would know they got links in dragons

Equaliser

DOLPHINS’ NEXT DILEMMA

One of the best talent scouts in the game, the Dolphins’ Peter O’Sullivan, has a major decision to make.

The recruitment guru who unearthed the likes of Greg Inglis, Boyd Cordner, Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, Joey Manu, Latrell Mitchell and Isaiah Katoa is off contract with the Dolphins.

O’Sullivan has met with St George Illawarra chairman Andrew Lancaster and the Red V have tabled an offer to try and land the NRL talent scout.

The Dolphins are also at the negotiating table and working their way through whether O’Sullivan remains at the club or pursues another opportunity.

It would be a homecoming of sorts if O’Sullivan lands back at St George Illawarra with the recruitment guru starting his career with the St George Dragons many moons ago as an SG Ball coach.

gone up in foxsport they would know they got links in dragons
Wolff might have his own scouts in mind. Lets see what becomes of it. If he signs with them soon, wouldn't that make his position at the Dolphins untennable immediately.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Wolff might have his own scouts in mind. Lets see what becomes of it. If he signs with them soon, wouldn't that make his position at the Dolphins untennable immediately.
funny you say that theres one sitting in uk very close to him