What's new

Recruitment and retention

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Both ideas make sense but the team did neither. Just passed to Aitken or Kerr in traffic who were quickly held.
i got to admit. late in the second half aitken got the ball and took a tackle and i thought, when did he come on. talk about a quiet day

Dolph

QLD Cup
i got to admit. late in the second half aitken got the ball and took a tackle and i thought, when did he come on. talk about a quiet day
Really? I haven't looked at the stats but I think you will find he is near the top for tackles and run metres.

mr_c

QLD Cup
he toils behind the scenes his stats are excatly where they need to be wouldnt get to worried about his stats

Chris

QLD Cup
So that's it for Val. He's gone.

Dolphins cult hero Te Whare won’t be offered new contract​

Things have turned sour for explosive Dolphins wrecking ball Valynce Te Whare.​

Te Whare will not be offered a new deal by the Dolphins as Wayne Bennett’s coaching successor, Kristian Woolf, begins to put his stamp on the Redcliffe organisation. Te Whare was labelled ‘Val Meninga’ because of his bullocking frame and he became one of the feel-good stories of the 2023 season when he scored two tries in a stunning Magic Round debut against Cronulla.

But after six tries from 12 games in his rookie season, Te Whare lost his way at the Dolphins. Last summer, Te Whare was ordered to attend a personal boot camp by Bennett in a bid to get fitter and save his Dolphins career after his weight ballooned in excess of 120kg.

Te Whare trained alone with Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess, Bennett’s former conditioner at the Broncos, and the rotund centre lost almost 10 kilos to give himself every hope of playing NRL this season. But the 23-year-old has since regressed, blowing out to 119kg as the off-contract Kiwi languished in the Queensland Cup.

Blockade

QLD Cup
So that's it for Val. He's gone.

Dolphins cult hero Te Whare won’t be offered new contract​

Things have turned sour for explosive Dolphins wrecking ball Valynce Te Whare.​

Te Whare will not be offered a new deal by the Dolphins as Wayne Bennett’s coaching successor, Kristian Woolf, begins to put his stamp on the Redcliffe organisation. Te Whare was labelled ‘Val Meninga’ because of his bullocking frame and he became one of the feel-good stories of the 2023 season when he scored two tries in a stunning Magic Round debut against Cronulla.

But after six tries from 12 games in his rookie season, Te Whare lost his way at the Dolphins. Last summer, Te Whare was ordered to attend a personal boot camp by Bennett in a bid to get fitter and save his Dolphins career after his weight ballooned in excess of 120kg.

Te Whare trained alone with Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess, Bennett’s former conditioner at the Broncos, and the rotund centre lost almost 10 kilos to give himself every hope of playing NRL this season. But the 23-year-old has since regressed, blowing out to 119kg as the off-contract Kiwi languished in the Queensland Cup.
No surprises here. There really isn't any room for him and the jury is still out on whether he's first grade material or not. Hopefully he'll find a new home.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
plus hes put the wieght back on so it tells you he really doesnt want it
Never really rated him , but the lad has had plenty of opportunities to succeed but doesn’t have the commitment . Blowing out to 119 kg tells the story

Chris

QLD Cup
do contract work for few decent sources in league n rugby circles i expect to know in week or so
We have a pretty settled squad for this year and next. Precisely the time to raid other clubs for their best juniors.

Equaliser

apprently kodi has a number of offers on the table not only from us
I think Kodi has made himself a priority but still shouldn't cost too much given his age. He will want to get a deal done with us.

Blockade

QLD Cup
I think Kodi has made himself a priority but still shouldn't cost too much given his age. He will want to get a deal done with us.
He might be waiting to see what WB does next year. Bennett's departure will certainly affect player personnel in the future. Without Bennett, the Dolphins are just another club and not near as an attractive option.

Equaliser

He might be waiting to see what WB does next year. Bennett's departure will certainly affect player personnel in the future. Without Bennett, the Dolphins are just another club and not near as an attractive option.
I think Dolphins are an attractive option for a number of reasons including WB, not because of WB.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
apprently kodi has a number of offers on the table not only from us
As a salesman (when I worked), I wouldn't expect his camp to say anything different when looking for a contract.

I'd suggest we stick to our price/value of him, and don't let manager talk sway us.

If he stays, awesome, if he goes, we keep hunting a marquee half, like we should.

Josh

QLD Cup
As a salesman (when I worked), I wouldn't expect his camp to say anything different when looking for a contract.

I'd suggest we stick to our price/value of him, and don't let manager talk sway us.

If he stays, awesome, if he goes, we keep hunting a marquee half, like we should.
Yep. Lets wait to see how he goes against the best teams before offering him a mil a year.