What's new

Recruitment and retention

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Blake Lawrie. De Belin hard as a rock, never hits the line I attack and offloads before the line. Jack Bird, useless broken as hell. Masila, just rubbish. Liddle a tigers reject.

I could go on. Being an ex dragon the only forwards in that pack I rated was Su’A and the couchman boys
Oh I forgot Burns, not that there was much to remember along with Musgrave. They also started with Aaron Woods who collected his pension for half a year.

On paper they had the worst forward pack in the league. And I am not surprised Su’A wants out. And just looking at their lack of recruitment, I’d have my house on them for the spoon next year.

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
Blake Lawrie. De Belin hard as a rock, never hits the line I attack and offloads before the line. Jack Bird, useless broken as hell. Masila, just rubbish. Liddle a tigers reject.

I could go on. Being an ex dragon the only forwards in that pack I rated was Su’A and the couchman boys
Ok. Personally I'd recruit De Belin in a second if he wasn't north of 30. Thought he was treated spectacularly unfairly and hope the NRL quietly paid him a lot not to sue them. And thought it was wildly inappropriate for Mal Meninga to come out against De Belin like he did.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Ok. Personally I'd recruit De Belin in a second if he wasn't north of 30. Thought he was treated spectacularly unfairly and hope the NRL quietly paid him a lot not to sue them. And thought it was wildly inappropriate for Mal Meninga to come out against De Belin like he did.
Not sure who you followed before the dolphins. Jack De Belin was a clown leading up to that, and then was hiding under a bed at a party during covid, despite the NRL protocols.

Ok, no fault stand down was harsh. However, as someone that watched him closely, I wouldn’t have him anywhere near this team. And I don’t think Bennett would suffer his attitude.

Then the rabble that is the dragons makes him captain for a game, and from memory it was women in league round.

Again, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near anything I was doing sports wise.

And for what he was getting paid at Saints, I would have expected a bit more in attack from a player of that standing. No where near the quality I would want

Chris

QLD Cup
Not sure who you followed before the dolphins. Jack De Belin was a clown leading up to that, and then was hiding under a bed at a party during covid, despite the NRL protocols.

Ok, no fault stand down was harsh. However, as someone that watched him closely, I wouldn’t have him anywhere near this team. And I don’t think Bennett would suffer his attitude.

Then the rabble that is the dragons makes him captain for a game, and from memory it was women in league round.

Again, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near anything I was doing sports wise.

And for what he was getting paid at Saints, I would have expected a bit more in attack from a player of that standing. No where near the quality I would want
Ok. I don't know much about his conduct off the field apart from that event which was disgracefully unfair.

What is the issue regarding making him captain for the women in league round?

In Origin before he was suspended for that farce, he was an absolute gun.

Red

Forum staff
Ok. I don't know much about his conduct off the field apart from that event which was disgracefully unfair.

What is the issue regarding making him captain for the women in league round?

In Origin before he was suspended for that farce, he was an absolute gun.
Didn't break any laws but his Mrs was at home pregnant with their second child........ That would account for making him (C) in any game.
Mal Meninga has a history with this kind of thing, doesn't he? Didn't he pay an undisclosed sum of money to make sexual assault charges go away? Either way, he should have kept his mouth shut.

Chris

QLD Cup
Didn't break any laws but his Mrs was at home pregnant with their second child........ That would account for making him (C) in any game.
Mal Meninga has a history with this kind of thing, doesn't he? Didn't he pay an undisclosed sum of money to make sexual assault charges go away? Either way, he should have kept his mouth shut.
Morally he was wrong. Let the perfect moral creature cast the first stone.

That won't be the pig detective who lied in order to get an arrest warrant.

Dolph

QLD Cup

That won't be the pig detective who lied in order to get an arrest warrant.
Shouldn't have been stood down and the cop who lied should have been arrested and St George shouldn't have made him captain because I think a lot of people period and specially women are very unhappy with his conduct while his wife was at home pregnant. Why would he have wanted to go tandem with his friend? She wanted it so no problem there but surely he should have told his friend to wait outside until he was finished.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Brenko apparently target for London broncos the recently promoted to SL team who have such vision for success and development they have admitted some of their squad will be part time ......

mr_c

QLD Cup
jayden and jai arrow are two i keep hearing in talks plus a couple fringe nrl players from other clubs

personally dont see us targeting a half i reckon it be a overseas one if we do

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
jayden and jai arrow are two i keep hearing in talks plus a couple fringe nrl players from other clubs

Arrow and Su’A would be great. Building a competitive squad will take time.

My wants are perfect world things.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Shouldn't have been stood down and the cop who lied should have been arrested and St George shouldn't have made him captain because I think a lot of people period and specially women are very unhappy with his conduct while his wife was at home pregnant. Why would he have wanted to go tandem with his friend? She wanted it so no problem there but surely he should have told his friend to wait outside until he was finished.
A lot of it was he said she said stuff. So it’s hard to say anything in relation to what really happened. It’s just the nature of what happened.

Having said that, your out with your mate, while your partner is pregnant at home, who I think he is currently with.

Lots of professional sporting organisations wouldn’t have him. Go check out the Beckham doco and Fergie. He wanted certain types, and was a winner.

De Belins mentality doesn’t lend itself to professionalism let alone winning. He is a Gronk. And when you look at Saints, they are a shambles, and you can see why in relation to their leadership playing group

Dolph

QLD Cup
A lot of it was he said she said stuff. So it’s hard to say anything in relation to what really happened. It’s just the nature of what happened.
3 people said ******* and she said ********. She was boasting about it at work the next day. Should have never been charged.
Having said that, your out with your mate, while your partner is pregnant at home, who I think he is currently with.

Lots of professional sporting organisations wouldn’t have him. Go check out the Beckham doco and Fergie. He wanted certain types, and was a winner.
He didn't break any laws but yeah, not a great look. I don't want to say too much due to the truth in this:
but yeah....... I think even most blokes don't like that part of the event, let alone women. That should have ruled him out as a Captain
De Belins mentality doesn’t lend itself to professionalism let alone winning. He is a Gronk. And when you look at Saints, they are a shambles, and you can see why in relation to their leadership playing group
Probably true but a good player from the limited amount I've seen him play. I remember several years ago vs the highly fancied Broncos in a semi final at Lang Park. Had a blinder and St George smashed them. That must have been his second last game before he was stood down. Perhaps the punishment of not being able to play for 2 years in his prime was more than enough punishment for cheating on his pregnant wife.

Dolph

QLD Cup

I haven't heard about Arrow but we have Gilbert. Is Arrow penciled in to be a prop?

mr_c

QLD Cup
I haven't heard about Arrow but we have Gilbert. Is Arrow penciled in to be a prop?
to be honest hes very versatile arrow can play both well and realistically locking wise we really only have teague who hasnt had lot time n stone who are full time locks rest are fill ins with mark n and kenny n jesse getting older be great pick up also can see why we didnt get semi ranradra 900k transfer fee

Chris

QLD Cup
to be honest hes very versatile arrow can play both well and realistically locking wise we really only have teague who hasnt had lot time n stone who are full time locks rest are fill ins with mark n and kenny n jesse getting older be great pick up also can see why we didnt get semi ranradra 900k transfer fee
Tommy Gilbert was the best along with JMK until he was injured! He's the first choice lock for a long time.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Pretty mild actually about 12c at the weekend. Lewis had a bit of a breakout season.
Freezing Schitts Creek GIF by CBC