What's new

Recruitment and retention

Josh

QLD Cup
Our go forward had stopped after losing our best forward, and our direction in the halves was lacking. Hammer didn't do much in the second half of the year, true, but I am not sure it was his fault.
That's true. Hard for a fullback to do much while his forwards are being consistently dominated.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Cory Paix and josh curran have been given permission to see a club elsewhere been told we been in talks with both

Jetty

QLD Cup
Cory Paix and josh curran have been given permission to see a club elsewhere been told we been in talks with both
Josh Curren would be a great pick up. Not sure about Paix. Why would the Dolphins want him?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Josh Curren would be a great pick up. Not sure about Paix. Why would the Dolphins want him?
back up hookers jmk injury prone kafusi getting long in tooth and really dont see him lasting his full contract

Red

Forum staff
back up hookers jmk injury prone kafusi getting long in tooth and really dont see him lasting his full contract
Niko back up hooker for me. Is Paix better than Graham? I don't rate either.

Kafusi could come off the bench as a middle forward for the last year or 2 of his career. Give Gilbert a rest and then stay on when Gilbert comes back on.

Red

Forum staff
Wasn't Curran in the extended squad for NSW Origin team?
Was last year, not this year.

Wouldn't go so far as to call him 'a gun' but better than Kafusi and Lemuelu at this stage of their careers.

Warriors must have some seriously good backrowers ready for the NRL next year.

Josh

QLD Cup
Was last year, not this year.

Wouldn't go so far as to call him 'a gun' but better than Kafusi and Lemuelu at this stage of their careers.

Warriors must have some seriously good backrowers ready for the NRL next year.
Would be a great signing, IMO. Still only 23!

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

DOLPHINS

Off contract 2023: Kurt Donoghoe, JJ Collins, Poasa Faamausili

Off contract 2024: Anthony Milford, Edrick Lee, Euan Aitken, Jarrod Wallace, Jesse Bromwich, Kodi Nikorima, Mark Nicholls, Mason Teague (MO 2025), Ray Stone, Robert Jennings (MO 2025), Tesi Niu, Valynce Te Whare

Analysis: Anthony Milford had a disappointing season at the Dolphins and at this stage it appears he could be heading elsewhere despite having year left on his contract. Reports suggest Super League side Leigh Leopards are interested in signing the 29-year-old — and the Dolphins won’t stand in his way. Centre Euan Aitken is reportedly being offered to other clubs a year before his contract is due to expire and is another on the radar of Super League clubs. It’s not totally surprising with the arrival of centres Herbie Farnworth and Jake Averillo from next season, which will cause a logjam in the position. For that reason, cult hero Valynce Te Whare’s place on the roster may be tentative. He showed enough in his debut season to be given a chance in 2024 to impress for an extension. Representative forward Jarrod Wallace was solid this season and if not re-signed by the Dolphins, will likely attract interest from other teams, but at the end of 2024, he’ll be pushing 34. Dolphins captain Jesse Bromwich is another veteran forward who may be on his last NRL contract. The Dolphins’ Swiss Army knife Kodi Nikorima showed his worth in 2023, stepping up to play a number of positions when injuries struck. He’ll fetch interest from rival clubs as he still has plenty to offer, so the Dolphins will have to be quick to decide whether to offer Nikorima an extension. Coach Wayne Bennett is a big fan of Mark Nicholls, but he’ll be 34-years old before a ball is even kicked next season so a call on his future will likely wait until later next year.

• Re-sign Niko.
  • One more year for Wallace.
  • Can Aitken make it in the forwards? I like him on the bench, coming on in the forwards but injury cover for backs.
  • Undecided on Teague, Niu and Te Whare.
  • Probably need to let the rest go.

Chris

QLD Cup

DOLPHINS

Off contract 2023: Kurt Donoghoe, JJ Collins, Poasa Faamausili

Off contract 2024: Anthony Milford, Edrick Lee, Euan Aitken, Jarrod Wallace, Jesse Bromwich, Kodi Nikorima, Mark Nicholls, Mason Teague (MO 2025), Ray Stone, Robert Jennings (MO 2025), Tesi Niu, Valynce Te Whare

Analysis: Anthony Milford had a disappointing season at the Dolphins and at this stage it appears he could be heading elsewhere despite having year left on his contract. Reports suggest Super League side Leigh Leopards are interested in signing the 29-year-old — and the Dolphins won’t stand in his way. Centre Euan Aitken is reportedly being offered to other clubs a year before his contract is due to expire and is another on the radar of Super League clubs. It’s not totally surprising with the arrival of centres Herbie Farnworth and Jake Averillo from next season, which will cause a logjam in the position. For that reason, cult hero Valynce Te Whare’s place on the roster may be tentative. He showed enough in his debut season to be given a chance in 2024 to impress for an extension. Representative forward Jarrod Wallace was solid this season and if not re-signed by the Dolphins, will likely attract interest from other teams, but at the end of 2024, he’ll be pushing 34. Dolphins captain Jesse Bromwich is another veteran forward who may be on his last NRL contract. The Dolphins’ Swiss Army knife Kodi Nikorima showed his worth in 2023, stepping up to play a number of positions when injuries struck. He’ll fetch interest from rival clubs as he still has plenty to offer, so the Dolphins will have to be quick to decide whether to offer Nikorima an extension. Coach Wayne Bennett is a big fan of Mark Nicholls, but he’ll be 34-years old before a ball is even kicked next season so a call on his future will likely wait until later next year.

• Re-sign Niko.
  • One more year for Wallace.
  • Can Aitken make it in the forwards? I like him on the bench, coming on in the forwards but injury cover for backs.
  • Undecided on Teague, Niu and Te Whare.
  • Probably need to let the rest go.
Gonna be a huge turnover in the forwards in the next 2 years.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Su'a and Lemuelu backrowers and Kafusi joining the middle rotation would work.
Su’a is a beast. Those two would eat it up.

Su’A hasn’t been good in a dragons pack full of powder puff girls.

With what we will have next year, he will smash it if he comes across

Chris

QLD Cup
Su’a is a beast. Those two would eat it up.

Su’A hasn’t been good in a dragons pack full of powder puff girls.

With what we will have next year, he will smash it if he comes across
De Belin is as hard as a block of granite. But Frank Molo is the opposite. Apart from Su'A, which other reserve graders are in their pack?

Chris

QLD Cup
Who will we be targeting? A long term 5/8 to partner Katoa.

Top 10 off-contract halves​

• Ezra Mam - For sure. Given his age, No.1 pick.
  • Jarome Luai - Only below the above and below because he's 8 years older than Mam and 6 than Dearden.
  • Tom Dearden - Just below Mam. Plus I think Mam and his running game might partner better with Katoa's game management.
  • Shaun Johnson - North of 30.
  • Adam Reynolds - North of 30 but I think that GF might prove to be the end of him.
  • Luke Keary - North of 30 and overrated.
  • Matt Moylan - NSW Cup player.
  • Anthony Milford - QLD Cup player.
  • Daejarn Asi - Who?
  • Toby Sexton - OLD come NSW Cup player.

Josh

QLD Cup
Who will we be targeting? A long term 5/8 to partner Katoa.

Top 10 off-contract halves​

• Ezra Mam - For sure. Given his age, No.1 pick.
  • Jarome Luai - Only below the above and below because he's 8 years older than Mam and 6 than Dearden.
  • Tom Dearden - Just below Mam. Plus I think Mam and his running game might partner better with Katoa's game management.
  • Shaun Johnson - North of 30.
  • Adam Reynolds - North of 30 but I think that GF might prove to be the end of him.
  • Luke Keary - North of 30 and overrated.
  • Matt Moylan - NSW Cup player.
  • Anthony Milford - QLD Cup player.
  • Daejarn Asi - Who?
  • Toby Sexton - OLD come NSW Cup player.
Nothing between Luai, Deardon and Mam. Luai has won 3 premierships, SOO and is only 26.....

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
De Belin is as hard as a block of granite. But Frank Molo is the opposite. Apart from Su'A, which other reserve graders are in their pack?
Blake Lawrie. De Belin hard as a rock, never hits the line I attack and offloads before the line. Jack Bird, useless broken as hell. Masila, just rubbish. Liddle a tigers reject.

I could go on. Being an ex dragon the only forwards in that pack I rated was Su’A and the couchman boys