What's new

Recruitment and retention

Chris

QLD Cup
What's the bet Wayne is going to make a massive play for Luai. Mam still hasn't come out as being confirmed to test his value on the market. I think he might be about to announce a new deal with the Broncs.

Red

Forum staff

BULLDOGS’ NEWEST RECRUITMENT DRIVE.

Warriors Josh Curran is set to leave the New Zealand-based club after being given permission to negotiate with other teams. Now a potential suitor has firmed, with reporting he sat down for a meeting with the Bulldogs on Saturday.

The 24-year-old has a contract with the Warriors until the end of next season but could fall victim to the club’s salary cap pressures. If he is able to find another club, Curran will be free to walk and could join a host of recruits landing in Belmore.

He mostly started off the bench for the Warriors, averaging 45 minutes a game. He recorded 52 metres and over 21 tackles per game. Ciraldo is reportedly a fan of Curran, who has the ability to play in multiple positions in the forward pack.

Shame. Still only 22 I think. Would have been a very useful acquisition, IMO. Surprised the Warriors don't want to keep him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
What's the bet Wayne is going to make a massive play for Luai. Mam still hasn't come out as being confirmed to test his value on the market. I think he might be about to announce a new deal with the Broncs.
very much doubt it have to many halfs as it is

Chris

QLD Cup

BULLDOGS’ NEWEST RECRUITMENT DRIVE.

Warriors Josh Curran is set to leave the New Zealand-based club after being given permission to negotiate with other teams. Now a potential suitor has firmed, with reporting he sat down for a meeting with the Bulldogs on Saturday.

The 24-year-old has a contract with the Warriors until the end of next season but could fall victim to the club’s salary cap pressures. If he is able to find another club, Curran will be free to walk and could join a host of recruits landing in Belmore.

He mostly started off the bench for the Warriors, averaging 45 minutes a game. He recorded 52 metres and over 21 tackles per game. Ciraldo is reportedly a fan of Curran, who has the ability to play in multiple positions in the forward pack.

Shame. Still only 22 I think. Would have been a very useful acquisition, IMO. Surprised the Warriors don't want to keep him.
Too many backrowers for next year if Curran is recruited. Might have to send Kenny B or Stone or Kafusi (very unlikely) off to the ESL.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Promising early signs but wouldn't you agree far from a finished product? I was unhappy with his kicking game.
Yeah agreed, that's what I meant by a lot of development left in him. He was good, but you are right, can improve his kicking, and other aspects, but at 19 he is well ahead of other 19year old halves.

He is going to be a gun in 3/4 years. Hope he stays with us. Another full season in first grade, could see him being great at only 21.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yeah agreed, that's what I meant by a lot of development left in him. He was good, but you are right, can improve his kicking, and other aspects, but at 19 he is well ahead of other 19year old halves.

He is going to be a gun in 3/4 years. Hope he stays with us. Another full season in first grade, could see him being great at only 21.
Running game isn't so hot either but playmaking and directing the team around is more valuable for a halfback, IMO.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Running game isn't so hot either but playmaking and directing the team around is more valuable for a halfback, IMO.
I think he does that well, for where he is at. I think running comes with confidence. He has a great step and good speed. Once confident I think we will both say that’s his strength.

This is a big year for him, great firs year, however second year syndrome, you want to see progress this year. I am confident we will.

I rate him.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I think he does that well, for where he is at. I think running comes with confidence. He has a great step and good speed. Once confident I think we will both say that’s his strength.

This is a big year for him, great firs year, however second year syndrome, you want to see progress this year. I am confident we will.

I rate him.
There are ample good, running 5/8s but a shortage of the kind of halfback Katoa is.
Long kicking is certainly a problem for both SOS and Katoa. When Milf was playing, he took it over and was much better than both. No reason Katoa in particular can't fix that part of his game. As Liverbird with Phins up Liverbird with Phins up said, he's still only 19.

Red

Forum staff
Cowboys very confident of re-signing Deardon. I think Wayne is more interested in Luai or Mam anyway.

Chris

QLD Cup
Cowboys very confident of re-signing Deardon. I think Wayne is more interested in Luai or Mam anyway.
I rate Deardon at least equal to them. Only 22 but has been around for years.

Jetty

QLD Cup

ARROW’S RABBITOHS EXTENSION

The Rabbitohs have reportedly moved quickly to secure Jai Arrow won’t hit the open market, extending his contract before November 1. That is according to reports Arrow’s management reached an agreement with the club in past weeks.

His new contract will see him remain in Redfern until the end of 2027, with the club now having locked in several key players. Cameron Murray, Jack Wighton, Campbell Graham, Latrell Mitchell and Tevita Tatola are all now signed until at least the end of 2027.

Probably ok for forwards for next year anyway.

Chris

QLD Cup

ARROW’S RABBITOHS EXTENSION

The Rabbitohs have reportedly moved quickly to secure Jai Arrow won’t hit the open market, extending his contract before November 1. That is according to reports Arrow’s management reached an agreement with the club in past weeks.

His new contract will see him remain in Redfern until the end of 2027, with the club now having locked in several key players. Cameron Murray, Jack Wighton, Campbell Graham, Latrell Mitchell and Tevita Tatola are all now signed until at least the end of 2027.

Probably ok for forwards for next year anyway.
Would have been for 2025. Both Bromwiches will surely retire at the end of next season. Would've been a very handy signing.

But not worth a bidding war over.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Come Wednesday I think there is going to be news about the Dolphins offering 1mil+ to:
  1. Mam
  2. Luai
  3. Deardon
In that order. Not that I think Mam is the best of those 3 but because I think his running game will suit Katoa's playmaking and game management.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Come Wednesday I think there is going to be news about the Dolphins offering 1mil+ to:
  1. Luai
  2. Deardon
In that order. Not that I think Mam is the best of those 3 but because I think his running game will suit Katoa's playmaking and game management.
dont see it
  • Deardon they will keep at cows
  • Luai if goes it be to sydney
  • Mam wont leave bris

Chris

QLD Cup
dont see it
  • Deardon they will keep at cows
  • Luai if goes it be to sydney
  • Mam wont leave bris
It will come down to how much more money we are willing to pay. And unlike those 3 clubs, we have lots of salary cap space.

mr_c

QLD Cup
It will come down to how much more money we are willing to pay. And unlike those 3 clubs, we have lots of salary cap space.
yeah but we overstocked as it ids with halfs if milf was going go he would of by now and rest aint leaving anytime soon