What's new

Recruitment and retention

Red

Forum staff
because its part in parcel with nrl transfer contracts they have to do it clubs n players have no choice in the cooling of period
They have a choice. The club who the player is currently contracted to can waive the cooling off period if it chooses.
I don't know why they would have wanted to enforce the cooling off period. Maybe the player himself wanted that? Is that even possible? Doesn't make any sense either, does it? But assuming he signed a couple of days after Newcastle were knocked out, we have about another week to know one way or the other. If it isn't announced within a week, we will know the media talk about him having signed with the Dolphins wasn't true.

Josh

QLD Cup
I don't know why they would have wanted to enforce the cooling off period. Maybe the player himself wanted that? Is that even possible? Doesn't make any sense either, does it? But assuming he signed a couple of days after Newcastle were knocked out, we have about another week to know one way or the other. If it isn't announced within a week, we will know the media talk about him having signed with the Dolphins wasn't true.
Would be a good signing with Newcastle picking up a very significant % of his salary for the next 2 years but might turn out like Wallace or Kerr as well. So if he comes, good. If not, no problem. In my view anyway.