What's new

Recruitment and retention

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Blockade

QLD Cup
Hearing JMK and Aitken to Souths done deals.
I'd be very surprised if JMK left but the chance to continue working under WB is a big carrot. He still has a year remaining on his contract. Aitken is unlikely to be offered a new deal with the Dolphins anyways, so his departure isn't an issue.

Josh

QLD Cup
I think Wayne is a great coach.

However, Wayne will do what’s best for Wayne.

I remember when he moved from the dragons to the knights. He said he wouldn’t poach. He went on to take a crap load of players. Ruined the club
I'm confident Wolff will keep everything running smoothly as far as recruitment and retention goes. JMK still has next year. Katoa, Flegler, Herbie signed long-term.

mr_c

QLD Cup

I remember when he moved from the dragons to the knights. He said he wouldn’t poach. He went on to take a crap load of players. Ruined the club
only reason they left was because the club was in ruins and still is dragins allways need someone to blame

euan will go there but doubt get much gametime

as for jmk n kodi replacements not heard anyone that is on cards which makes you wonder

Last edited:

mr_c

QLD Cup
i got a feeling paix will be here if jmk goes cant see anyone outta qld coming also be intresting to see what pulling power the new recruitment have 4 woolf

Last edited:

Josh

QLD Cup
i got a feeling paix will be here if jmk goes cant see anyone outta qld coming also be intresting to see what pulling power the new recruitment have 4 woolf
Surely not. Paix is rubbish.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
only reason they left was because the club was in ruins and still is dragins allways need someone to blame

euan will go there but doubt get much gametime

as for jmk n kodi replacements not heard anyone that is on cards which makes you wonder
The dragons weren’t in ruins, they had just won the comp in 2010.

Had the second highest membership numbers behind souths. They even had a joint membership drive/competition that year.

Those player left to go to Newcastle. Had you said the knights were in ruins, I would have agreed. They were in the verge of going bust.

So the truth was the exact opposite of what you are saying

Jetty

QLD Cup
The dragons weren’t in ruins, they had just won the comp in 2010.

Had the second highest membership numbers behind souths. They even had a joint membership drive/competition that year.

Those player left to go to Newcastle. Had you said the knights were in ruins, I would have agreed. They were in the verge of going bust.

So the truth was the exact opposite of what you are saying
I don't know what happened with the Dragons but he left Newcastle is an incredibly bad mess. But he was hired for different reasons. He was hired by Newcastle to win a comp. He went close in his second year. Lost in the major semi final to red hot Roosters. After that the only way was down. Salary cap was in a mess due to Wayne recruiting a number of veterans on long term deals whose form went off a cliff as often happens with veterans.

He was hired by the Dolphins to build a team for long-term success. I think he has put us in a good place for that. Even if JMK goes, we have this year and next to get ready for life without him.

Last edited:

mr_c

QLD Cup
Exactly he's a team builder if the club can't build on them foundations it's not his fault ,nine the clubs built on them blamed everyone but themselves I hope we don't go down that path n blame people we need build foundations higher dragons knights n bunnies won't change, end of the day we got a coach that spent whole time under the goat other clubs wouldn't been that smart also u bet if you asked the likes bunnies n dragons n knights why they never built on those foundations they have no clue fact bunnies think they can just carry on where wayne left is stupid as no one will build when he goes

Last edited:

Josh

QLD Cup
Exactly he's a team builder if the club can't build on them foundations it's not his fault ,nine the clubs built on them blamed everyone but themselves I hope we don't go down that path n blame people we need build foundations higher dragons knights n bunnies won't change, end of the day we got a coach that spent whole time under the goat other clubs wouldn't been that smart also u bet if you asked the likes bunnies n dragons n knights why they never built on those foundations they have no clue fact bunnies think they can just carry on where wayne left is stupid as no one will build when he goes
St George had Gasnier, Cooper, Hornby, Young all at the end of their careers. Boyd was probably the best fullback in the competition at that time. Including Slater and Hayne. Mayne not as good individually but what he did for the team.

Souths are similar. The halfback they put their hopes on turned out to be a bust. Cook, Walker and Burgess are at the end of their careers. Form has nosedived.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
St George had Gasnier, Cooper, Hornby, Young all at the end of their careers. Boyd was probably the best fullback in the competition at that time. Including Slater and Hayne. Mayne not as good individually but what he did for the team.

Souths are similar. The halfback they put their hopes on turned out to be a bust. Cook, Walker and Burgess are at the end of their careers. Form has nosedived.
True for St George and Souths. But he screwed up at Newcastle badly.

Chris

QLD Cup
I don't know what happened with the Dragons but he left Newcastle is an incredibly bad mess. But he was hired for different reasons. He was hired by Newcastle to win a comp. He went close in his second year. Lost in the major semi final to red hot Roosters. After that the only way was down. Salary cap was in a mess due to Wayne recruiting a number of veterans on long term deals whose form went off a cliff as often happens with veterans.

He was hired by the Dolphins to build a team for long-term success. I think he has put us in a good place for that. Even if JMK goes, we have this year and next to get ready for life without him.
Exactly. Maybe he left Newcastle in bad shape but he's leaving us in good shape. But need to keep JMK next year and at least one more year. Doesn't appear to be many good, young hookers around. Some of the best like Hunt, Cook and Korasau are coming to the end. Who is replacing them?

Red

Forum staff

💯 He's a ruthless compeitior. Made a lot of enemies. Very influential ones. Nick Politis, Phil Gould, Ricky Stuart, Craig Bellamy, Darren Lockyer to name a few.

Blockade

QLD Cup
True for St George and Souths. But he screwed up at Newcastle badly.
Tinkler went broke. Bennett didn't even get paid a portion of his contract. He took a crap team to a GFQ. He was not to blame for anything that happened at Newcastle.

mr_c

QLD Cup
then they gave the recuriment mangers job to kaylins old man n his agent ,( giddley go ask giddley why he and his assitaint were paid ( by a certain hotel that had bad press ).

there top players were never paid there bounus , players and him got nothing in 3months i would leave too

not one the 3 clubs he left can you say it was his fault pooorly run n bad calls by .......wits with egos

Last edited:

mr_c

QLD Cup
strong word from a source inside a struggling nsw club we are after 2 of there forwards one a deloopment player who is a nsw rep jnr same with a starting nrl player from same club who is also a former nsw junior also a concidence these two players agent is good friend with woolf