What's new

Recruitment and retention

Dolph

QLD Cup
and you just proved what i been saying 99% of the time the clubs are in negotiations with all party's hence why some contracts take longer to sign 1 in 30 years tells me clubs must be doing something right

most of the clubs now have 3rd party deals which a lot of time they and the 3rd part deals are the sweeteners

hence why a lot of players stay for less says something for the club
Aren't there limits to 3rd party deals?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Aren't there limits to 3rd party deals?
if its done outside of the relms of club theres no limit if its done within the club yes theres limits

Third party agreements are payments made by companies directly to players. There is no restriction on the amount a player can earn through third party agreements where he is being paid for his own intellectual property, without the need to employ club logos or names and where the company involved is neither a club sponsor nor are they acting on behalf of a club to secure the player's services.

All third party agreements must be registered and approved beforehand. This is to ensure that they do not become a way for clubs or players to use sponsors or third parties to undermine the salary cap and also for the game to ensure the protection of club and game intellectual property.

Dolph

QLD Cup
if its done outside of the relms of club theres no limit if its done within the club yes theres limits

Third party agreements are payments made by companies directly to players. There is no restriction on the amount a player can earn through third party agreements where he is being paid for his own intellectual property, without the need to employ club logos or names and where the company involved is neither a club sponsor nor are they acting on behalf of a club to secure the player's services.

All third party agreements must be registered and approved beforehand. This is to ensure that they do not become a way for clubs or players to use sponsors or third parties to undermine the salary cap and also for the game to ensure the protection of club and game intellectual property.
So you would think we'd be in a better position to offer such deals than the Cowboys. Probably a large part of the reason the club doesn't want to be called, "Redcliffe".

Jetty

QLD Cup
I mentioned the club signing Jack Welsby from the ESL to play 5/8 a few time. Wayne is still salty about being fired as England coach. He seemingly isn't interested in any ESL players at all. St George are in discussions with Welsby to come and apparently play 5/8.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I mentioned the club signing Jack Welsby from the ESL to play 5/8 a few time. Wayne is still salty about being fired as England coach. He seemingly isn't interested in any ESL players at all. St George are in discussions with Welsby to come and apparently play 5/8.
yeah but been told by someone in uk hes only planing on been in sydney

Jetty

QLD Cup
yeah but been told by someone in uk hes only planing on been in sydney
St George are based in Woolongong, aren't they? Similar to Redcliffe and Brisbane but a bit further away. I mean, Woolongong is a bit further away from Sydney than Redcliffe is from Brisbane.

mr_c

QLD Cup
They are back there for one training session a week.
nah all trainings will be there only the players who live in the gong have the option to train there or go into sydney

Last edited:

Dolph

QLD Cup
nah all trainings will be there only the players who live in the gong have the option to train there or go into sydney
No way in the world are they allowed to train where they like and even train separately.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

they doing it to to attract more players
The Dragons train in Wollongong with their Kogarah base only used occasionally. But next season the team will reportedly train there every Friday during pre-season and will maintain a presence throughout the rest of the year.

Once a week during the off season and an undermined number of times during the season....

meanwhile, look where this is:

mr_c

QLD Cup
The Dragons train in Wollongong with their Kogarah base only used occasionally. But next season the team will reportedly train there every Friday during pre-season and will maintain a presence throughout the rest of the year.

Once a week during the off season and an undermined number of times during the season....

meanwhile, look where this is:
yeah but how many live in the gong ? been told me very few

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
The Dragons are owned by the Owners of WIN TV.

As much as you want to tell players they are Kogarah based. They aren’t.

They should just be called Illawarra now. That’s where they are headed and how they are run. The NRL would love them at the gong full time (1 less Sydney team)

Being ex St George and living in MBay. It’s part of the reason I am a Dolphin. St George no longer exists and is pretty much dead, with Steeler owners

Dolph

QLD Cup
The Dragons are owned by the Owners of WIN TV.

As much as you want to tell players they are Kogarah based. They aren’t.

They should just be called Illawarra now. That’s where they are headed and how they are run. The NRL would love them at the gong full time (1 less Sydney team)

Being ex St George and living in MBay. It’s part of the reason I am a Dolphin. St George no longer exists and is pretty much dead, with Steeler owners
Never been there but Woolongong looks like s really nice place. I think they are a formidable team to compete with in regard to recruitment.