What's new

Recruitment and retention

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
It is now. Until a couple of weeks ago it was brimming.
With who lui, never gonna leave Sydney, dearden was always staying at cowboys, mam was the only one but at massive odds to leave broncos

Josh

QLD Cup
With who lui, never gonna leave Sydney, dearden was always staying at cowboys, mam was the only one but at massive odds to leave broncos
Thought we might have had a chance with Luai but the club went all in for Mam until Luai had already made up his mind.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Katoa for mine needs big season or i think they will use plath especially since they signed him on before he prefers the six jersey more than Katoa and looks natural

Josh

QLD Cup
Katoa for mine needs big season or i think they will use plath especially since they signed him on before he prefers the six jersey more than Katoa and looks natural
Plath seems like a No.6. Katoa a No.7. For me anyway.

mr_c

QLD Cup
What makes you think that?
because halfbacks main job is oranganizer and hes struggles doing that hence been the second person with the ball he doesn't need to do that, he needs to be mentally tougher and read the game better

Dolph

QLD Cup
because halfbacks main job is oranganizer and hes struggles doing that hence been the second person with the ball he doesn't need to do that, he needs to be mentally tougher and read the game better
He struggled "at times" playing at 5/8 as an 18 year-old in his first season.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He struggled "at times" playing at 5/8 as an 18 year-old in his first season.
Hence y I say it he's young we need players at half to step up every game they play not just hope n pray he does because of the fact fans think that he's our future

Josh

QLD Cup
Hence y I say it he's young we need players at half to step up every game they play not just hope n pray he does because of the fact fans think that he's our future
Expect him to step up every week next season. As long as he can play his natural and best position, halfback.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Expect him to step up every week next season. As long as he can play his natural and best position, halfback.
wont happen as the senior halfs preferred postion is 7 dont think you will ever see him going to 7

Jetty

QLD Cup
wont happen as the senior halfs preferred postion is 7 dont think you will ever see him going to 7
Is it that you don't rate Katoa or rate SOS very highly?
For Katoa, still too early to say but early signs are promising.
As for SOS, he's ok. A good QLD Cup halfback who is suitable to fill in, in the NRL when the first choice halfback is unavailable. A position he's been in throughout his career. Just change QLD Cup with NSW Cup.

Josh

QLD Cup
Is it that you don't rate Katoa or rate SOS very highly?
For Katoa, still too early to say but early signs are promising.
As for SOS, he's ok. A good QLD Cup halfback who is suitable to fill in, in the NRL when the first choice halfback is unavailable. A position he's been in throughout his career. Just change QLD Cup with NSW Cup.
Yep. SOS was good last year. Gave it his all. Probably trained the house down. He's juat not that talented.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Yep. SOS was good last year. Gave it his all. Probably trained the house down. He's juat not that talented.
end the day its , comes down to one thing the belief of the coach , the fact they looked at mam shows me one thing Katoa needs either more time and is on shakey ground after this season with contract renewal coming , for mine if hes suposly got the talent we would off seen heap more of his skills , especially if hes coming near to his contract , and the fact plath is got massive extension over him suggest he could be the favorite in the future for the 6 jersey

as for katoa ( he may need more time who knows we will see after this season nrl is a make or break industry's sully hes excatly what we want from half wears his heart on his sleave i hope we see kodi or milfs in halfs with mine

but i think the future lies with plath

Jetty

QLD Cup
end the day its , comes down to one thing the belief of the coach , the fact they looked at mam shows me one thing Katoa needs either more time and is on shakey ground after this season with contract renewal coming , for mine if hes suposly got the talent we would off seen heap more of his skills , especially if hes coming near to his contract , and the fact plath is got massive extension over him suggest he could be the favorite in the future for the 6 jersey

as for katoa ( he may need more time who knows we will see after this season nrl is a make or break industry's sully hes excatly what we want from half wears his heart on his sleave i hope we see kodi or milfs in halfs with mine

Maybe but I think Katoa is in the clubs plans, long-term. Like the next 10 years. But as a halfback, not 5/8.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

The future lies with Plath?

I am not sure we were watching the same team last year.

And talking like its make or break for an 18/19 year old half.

The future lies with Katoa unless he goes to rugby.

I am seriously wondering whether you are trolling or not.

And like everyone says he is a half, in his first year in first grade. I was impressed with what I saw. On the flip side, Milf and SOS were garbage for more experienced players. I actually think a lot of the bad things you saw in Katoa, was because the more experienced half alongside him was garbage most of the time.

Niko is a 14, but may have to partner Katoa next season with how bad SOS and Milf are.

Josh

QLD Cup
The future lies with Plath?

I am not sure we were watching the same team last year.

And talking like its make or break for an 18/19 year old half.

The future lies with Katoa unless he goes to rugby.

I am seriously wondering whether you are trolling or not.

And like everyone says he is a half, in his first year in first grade. I was impressed with what I saw. On the flip side, Milf and SOS were garbage for more experienced players. I actually think a lot of the bad things you saw in Katoa, was because the more experienced half alongside him was garbage most of the time.

Niko is a 14, but may have to partner Katoa next season with how bad SOS and Milf are.
Think he just rates SOS very highly. Fair enough. I just think last season was as good as SOS gets but Katoa has a mile of upside potential.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Think he just rates SOS very highly. Fair enough. I just think last season was as good as SOS gets but Katoa has a mile of upside potential.
I guess i am just harsh.

For a half back that should be leading the team around and should be experienced, I don't think SoS should be in first grade.

People will say penrith this penrith that, he filled in, in a well-coached team, with premiership players around the park. Its highly likely they told him what to do.

Now he found himself leading a newly created team, and people have seen the level he was at. I was worried when we signed him, I had hoped he would be the backup and that we would have landed a marquee.

I think the fact we are still looking isnt a slight on Katoa, it's an indication that Bennett and Wolff don't have confidence in the rest. Mr. C seems to think it's because they don't rate Katoa. I think they rate him and his potential highly. I think they don't rate Milf and SOS. Problem with SOS is his dad runs the recruitment, so it might be a little bit of give him more of a chance then he deserves. If we would of landed a Dearden or a Mam, i can tell you now, they would be pairing with Katoa, with Katoa getting a rest here and there due to his age and not wanting him to burn out, as they did with him last year.