What's new

Recruitment and retention

Jetty

QLD Cup

Every NRL team’s salary cap health check​

DOLPHINS

Players off contract for 2024: 28

The Dolphins have only a few roster spots available but they have loads of money after paying players in advance this year. They will be a big player in the market for the next few years after using their money wisely.

On contract for 2025: 20

Some of the Dolphins’ initial signings such as Anthony Milford and Jesse Bromwich come off contact at the end of 2024 which means they will clear some space. Have been linked with Ezra Mam and Cowboys youngster . Ready to go big.

On contract for 2026: 6

The Dolphins have only four elite players signed for 2026 - Herbie Farnworth, Tom Gilbert, Tom Flegler and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow. Foundation signings Felise Kaufusi and Kenny Bromwichcome off contract at the end of 2025. They will have millions at their disposal.

Big cap eaters: Tom Flegler (2027), Herbie Farnworth (2026), Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (2027), Felise Kaufusi (2025), Jesse Bromwich (2024), Kenny Bromwich (2025)

mr_c

QLD Cup
Not sure about Kerr. Agree about the other 2. Lots of upside yet. Though I think Bostock might be a better centre than winger.
i feel sure keer wont go anywhere , i reckon we hear by xmas eve if broncos have adam and mam

Jetty

QLD Cup
i feel sure keer wont go anywhere , i reckon we hear by xmas eve if broncos have adam and mam
Agree about Kerr not going anywhere. He'll play out his career in the QLD Cup without a top 30 contract.

Even at the back end of last year, when there were so many injuries, Kerr I think had 2 or 3 games and then was promptly dropped back to QLD Cup and didn't get another look in. And he's not young. He's 26 or 27 as far as I know. At least 25.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Agree about Kerr not going anywhere. He'll play out his career in the QLD Cup without a top 30 contract.

Even at the back end of last year, when there were so many injuries, Kerr I think had 2 or 3 games and then was promptly dropped back to QLD Cup and didn't get another look in. And he's not young. He's 26 or 27 as far as I know. At least 25.
kerr wasnt in the feeder sider for any of there games so would highly doubt he be this coming we had very little props last season and have same this season

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
If we are expecting to get close to or into the top 8, Kerr won’t be anywhere near first grade.

He was one of they worst forwards at the Dragons in a pack that was pedestrian at best.

Jetty

QLD Cup
kerr wasnt in the feeder sider for any of there games so would highly doubt he be this coming we had very little props last season and have same this season
Which feeder club does he play for?

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Mr C, I am going to ask you an honest question. Are you really a Dolphins fan?

I mean I have seen posts of yours suggesting MILF is our number 1 half, Support for Aitken, and now Kerr. Seriously, are you trolling? or are you fairdinkum?

To me its smells like a Broncos fan posting on a Dolphins forum.

If I am wrong, my apologies.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

I mean I have seen posts of yours suggesting MILF is our number 1 half, Support for Aitken, and now Kerr. Seriously, are you trolling? or are you fairdinkum?

If I am wrong, my apologies.
I don't mind Aitken. I think he was worth keeping as a bench utility. Coming on in the forwards but able to play in the backs in case of an injury.

mr_c

QLD Cup

If I am wrong, my apologies

of course i am , why would i be here if i wasnt milf has pulled us put of few bad moments in the season, yes his fitness hasn't been the best but then in saying that a lot of players who are seniors werent even displine wise i expect all them will improve

kerr improved every game means nothing where they come the previous yeah look at bottom 8 sides players that gone to other sides and won premierships

mr_c

QLD Cup
Which feeder club does he play for?
hes in phins feeder but never played any feeder games checked with mate in the club so unclear where you think he was dropped was only not in one game due to ill health

Josh

QLD Cup
of course i am , why would i be here if i wasnt milf has pulled us put of few bad moments in the season, yes his fitness hasn't been the best but then in saying that a lot of players who are seniors werent even displine wise i expect all them will improve

kerr improved every game means nothing where they come the previous yeah look at bottom 8 sides players that gone to other sides and won premierships
Don't rate Kerr. Agree Milf has been singled out a little but maybe given his history, he deserves that.

How the hell did he go from being so good to so bad as soon as he signed that big contract. Not our problem but wonder if it's playing on anyone's mind in regard to offering Mam a long contract.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Don't rate Kerr. Agree Milf has been singled out a little but maybe given his history, he deserves that.

How the hell did he go from being so good to so bad as soon as he signed that big contract. Not our problem but wonder if it's playing on anyone's mind in regard to offering Mam a long contract.
lot had to do with his ex and the issues she had

mr_c

QLD Cup
For 4 years?
well was in a shit knights side and last 3 years of his broncos side the team was shit too , plenty of other guys that were shit for there club too before coming here that still not found there feet personally think if milf wasnt wanted by the club they would of parted ways with him not given option to look

Chris

QLD Cup
well was in a shit knights side and last 3 years of his broncos side the team was shit too , plenty of other guys that were shit for there club too before coming here that still not found there feet personally think if milf wasnt wanted by the club they would of parted ways with him not given option to look
I'm talking about the 4 years at the Broncos after he signed the big contract. I understand the form of players goes downhill for some reason other than age but Milf's form dropped off a cliff.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

Fair enough. My apologies