What's new

Recruitment and retention

mr_c

QLD Cup
Averillo has played at 5/8 before. Could that be what Wayne has in mind?
7. Katoa
6. Averillo
5. Isaako
4. Herbie
3. Val
2. ?
1. Hammer
you will see him in centere's no way will he be in halfs we have heck of them allredy wouldnt think we need more

Josh

QLD Cup
i would say bostock n nui be fighting for wing spot

eaun be forwards

jake n hammer centres herbie fullback

dont see anyone else in centres
Hmmmm I see Hammer at fullback, Herbie centre. Agree about Euan. I hope Val gets his weight under control because if he improves his fitness, he'll be a gun centre, IMO.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Here's an idea! If Tigers get Luai the talk is that he might be able to go immediately. They still have Adam Doueihi who I think is a very underrated 5/8. He will be out for the first 1~2 months. Just enough time for Milf or someone to prove they have what it takes to be our 5/8 for at least 2024. If not, sign Adam Doueihi! Benny has a bit of history with him. He was Souths fullback when Benny to him to seek life elsewhere due to Latrell Mitchell signing and Walker playing 5/8.

Reactions: Red

Josh

QLD Cup
If he picks up from where he left off last season, surely he'll get a one year extension. Maybe even 2.

OFF-CONTRACT DOLPHIN’S EXTENSION PLEA

Former Maroons prop Jarrod Wallace has appealed for a contract extension at the Dolphins as Wayne Bennett prepares to hand the baton over to incoming coach Kristian Woolf.

Wallace has commenced pre-season training in preparation for his 13th NRL campaign, but his future beyond 2024 is unknown. Off-contract at the end of next season, Wallace, 32, reinvigorated his career at the Dolphins this year and has no plans to retire from the NRL, hoping to remain at Redcliffe in 2025.

But to do that the former Broncos and Titans prop must impress Woolf, who will take over the head coaching job from Bennett at the Dolphins at the end of the 2024 season. Woolf will be heavily involved in recruitment and retention given he will be coaching the team from 2025 and Wallace, a 210-game NRL veteran, said he enjoyed playing under Bennett’s protege.

“I’ve got until the end of (2024) and I’ve loved it up here,” Wallace said after his career stalled at the Titans. “It was one of the highlights of my career to come to a club that started back in 1947 and to be able to play under Wayne again.

Chris

QLD Cup
Kulikefu Finefeuia from cowboys we chasing hard apprently we were after him before we got Connelly
Still only 19. Would be a massive signing if it comes about.

What's going on with Ezra Mam? Gone quiet. Need to make him a big offer requiring him to seek a release from the Broncos a year early.

mr_c

QLD Cup

What's going on with Ezra Mam? Gone quiet. Need to make him a big offer requiring him to seek a release from the Broncos a year early.
from what i heard last week its all up in air at moment as he wants to stay as does capwell who they were hoping to use some his money

Jetty

QLD Cup
from what i heard last week its all up in air at moment as he wants to stay as does capwell who they were hoping to use some his money

I just wonder, the longer it goes on, is he more or less likely to come to the Dolphins....

Chris

QLD Cup
I just wonder, the longer it goes on, is he more or less likely to come to the Dolphins....
nah i think it be the oppisite more likely hood he stays

he will have more than us chasing
Agree. He'd probably have signed already if he wasn't really hesitant about leaving. Giving them every chance to clear a bit more salary cap space for him.

Chris

QLD Cup
Confirmed: Luke Capewell immediately released to the Warriors. That will free up some more $ for them to keep Mam but I doubt enough. After the big upgrade Haas got and now Walsh pushing for the same or even more, pretty confident we can still significantly outbid the Broncos. Though it might mean an intimidate release is off the table.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Confirmed: Luke Capewell immediately released to the Warriors. That will free up some more $ for them to keep Mam but I doubt enough. After the big upgrade Haas got and now Walsh pushing for the same or even more, pretty confident we can still significantly outbid the Broncos. Though it might mean an intimidate release is off the table.
from what i been told hes only wants slight upgrade so i guess thats going make it hard for phins so really think we will struggle to get him unless we were to offload dont see it happening

Jetty

QLD Cup
from what i been told hes only wants slight upgrade so i guess thats going make it hard for phins so really think we will struggle to get him unless we were to offload dont see it happening
Who told you that? I thought it was well-publicised he's on about 250k but will get at least 3 times that, maybe 4.

mr_c

QLD Cup
mate of mine whose a sponsor hes told me that if broncos can commit him to a long term deal he will stay even if it was only slightly more than was on now and topped up yearly

Dolph

QLD Cup
mate of mine whose a sponsor hes told me that if broncos can commit him to a long term deal he will stay even if it was only slightly more than was on now and topped up yearly
Topped up yearly to the tune of +150~200k. Or is Andrew Gee back managing the salary cap over there?

Red

Forum staff

DOLPHINS

Off-contract 2025: Jack Bostock, Kenneath Bromwich, Harrison Graham, Robert Jennings, Isaiya Katoa, Felise Kaufusi, Josh Kerr, Connelly Lemuelu, Jeremy Marshall-King, Mark Nicholls, Sean O’Sullivan, Max Plath, Mason Teague

Analysis: Young playmaker Isaiya Katoa started strongly in his rookie year, but found himself dropped late in the season. Katoa is a halfback star of the future, but needs to work on some deficiencies in his game, most notably his defence. A reunion with the Panthers wouldn’t be out of the question for 2026 and beyond, particularly if Jarome Luai moves on. Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King was arguably the Dolphins’ best player in their maiden NRL season and can add considerably to his pay packet with a big year in 2024, be it at the Dolphins or potentially an NRL rival. Halfback Sean O’Sullivan had a solid first year with the Dolphins, but was out injured for a large chunk of it and has to prove to the Dolphins he is their main man at halfback long-term, especially with Katoa waiting in the wings.

• Jack Bostock: Lets see what he can do this year.
  • Kenny Bromwich: Retire
  • Harrison Graham: Don't think he's going to make it. Not fast enough out of dummy half. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Robert Jennings: Retire
  • Isaiya Katoa: Confident he can improve and become a really good halfback.
  • Felise Kaufusi: Retire
  • Josh Kerr: Bye
  • Connelly Lemuelu: Lets hope he can get the form he was in at the start of the year back.
  • Jeremy Marshall-King: Definitely a keep for a few more years yet.
  • Mark Nicholls: Retire.
  • Sean O’Sullivan: Hmmmm not sure. If Katoa kicks on, I guess SOS will need to seek life elsewhere.
  • Max Plath: With a bit more training, I think he might make a very back-up for JMK.
  • Mason Teague: Not sure.

Jetty

QLD Cup
graham bostok and kerr be here after next season
Not sure about Kerr. Agree about the other 2. Lots of upside yet. Though I think Bostock might be a better centre than winger.