What's new

Recruitment and retention

mr_c

QLD Cup
  • Luai to Wests Tigers
  • Dearden to St George
  • Mam to the Dolphins
I think this is how it's going to happen. I'd say Dearden is the best player of the three (just) but for our needs, I think Mam or Luai are a better fit.
i dont see tommy going anywhere

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
i dont see tommy going anywhere
Cowboys salary cap is maxed out.
  • Taumololo
  • Holmes
  • Nanai
3 very good players all being overpaid.
  • Leilua
  • Townsend
Average or good players being overpaid.
  • Cotter
  • Hess
  • Drinkwater
Good players getting paid what they are worth (in a RL sense) or in Drinkwaters case, might be in line for an upgrade.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Cowboys salary cap is maxed out.
  • Taumololo
  • Holmes
  • Nanai
3 very good players all being overpaid.
  • Leilua
  • Townsend
Average or good players being overpaid.
  • Cotter
  • Hess
  • Drinkwater
Good players getting paid what they are worth (in a RL sense) or in Drinkwaters case, might be in line for an upgrade.
i dont see kyle or chad there next season theres his upgrade easy

Equaliser

i dont see kyle or chad there next season theres his upgrade easy
Townsend won't be. That is almost assured. Who is Kyle? They don't manage the cap on a one year cycle. The money Townsend will free up has certainly already been factored in.

Red

Forum staff
He played 18 games for the Cowboys this season. I dont' think he's retired. He's only 31.
Last last game was pretty disappointing. Even though honestly speaking I had mixed feelings about the end result. I didn't want Penrith to win again but I don't want the Dolphins to become a glorified Broncos feeder club. Don't know WTF happened to Adam Reynolds. To be frank, he was just ok for the first 60min but had a few brain explosions in the last 20.

Other than him, from memory the Broncos played out of their skin. Herbie and Staggs were a menace. Haas was as he usually is and can't present Walsh with anything but a straight defensive line.

Jetty

QLD Cup
He played 18 games for the Cowboys this season. I dont' think he's retired. He's only 31.
I see. Seems he's been around forever. But I know he was dropped at one point and only was recalled due to someone being unavailable.
Last last game was pretty disappointing. Even though honestly speaking I had mixed feelings about the end result. I didn't want Penrith to win again but I don't want the Dolphins to become a glorified Broncos feeder club. Don't know WTF happened to Adam Reynolds. To be frank, he was just ok for the first 60min but had a few brain explosions in the last 20.

Other than him, from memory the Broncos played out of their skin. Herbie and Staggs were a menace. Haas was as he usually is and can't present Walsh with anything but a straight defensive line.
Called choking.

Equaliser

I see. Seems he's been around forever. But I know he was dropped at one point and only was recalled due to someone being unavailable.
Not many 30+ year-old wingers in the comp. Almost all have moved into the forwards, gone to the ESL or retired.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I think you're right, however I do remember a cowboy recently announcing his retirement, and I must have confused them both.
The only thing that is certain is the Cowboys have developed quite a production line up there. I hope Wayne is setting up a system that good at the Dolphins.

Dolph

QLD Cup
The only thing that is certain is the Cowboys have developed quite a production line up there. I hope Wayne is setting up a system that good at the Dolphins.
I guess Wolff will mostly be overseeing that. It'll be his team after all.

Chris

QLD Cup
I guess Wolff will mostly be overseeing that. It'll be his team after all.
Probably take at least 3~4 before getting the pathways up and running like the Broncos and Cowboys have.

Equaliser

Rating every club’s 2024 recruits​

DOLPHINS — A

Recruits: Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Thomas Flegler (Broncos), Jake Averillo (Bulldogs), Oryn Keeley (Knights)

Wayne Bennett’s recruitment ahead of the 2024 season has been incredibly solid. The master coach pulled off a major coup by poaching two big names from Queensland rivals the Broncos.

Herbie Farnworth showed he is one of the competition’s elite in 2023 and as such won Dally M Centre of the Year. He had a fantastic campaign with the Broncos, who would have been desperate to retain the English international. Instead, Farnworth will make the move to the Dolphins and become a key figure in the centres under Bennet

Another star who made a switch from the Broncos is Tom Flegler, who is set to become one of the NRL newcomer’s most important players. The Dolphins have an ageing forward pack, especially in the prop position, and Flegler will now spearhead their scrum for years to come. The 24-year-old is a Queensland and Australian representative and is one of the NRL’s best middle forwards, but can at times become a liability due to disciplinary issues.

Jake Averillo is another shrewd acquisition. The 23-year-old was one of the Bulldogs’ best last year and is incredibly versatile, however his best position is arguably in the centres. Euan Aitken will also be vying for the position, which could also see Averillo play on the wing and force Tesi Niu out of the side.

Whichever way Bennett goes, Averillo is still a very solid signing and is deserving of a spot in the run on team. Outside of those three, the Dolphins have also signed Oryn Keeley from the Knights who has played two NRL games to date.

Chris

QLD Cup

Rating every club’s 2024 recruits​

DOLPHINS — A

Recruits: Herbie Farnworth (Broncos), Thomas Flegler (Broncos), Jake Averillo (Bulldogs), Oryn Keeley (Knights)

Wayne Bennett’s recruitment ahead of the 2024 season has been incredibly solid. The master coach pulled off a major coup by poaching two big names from Queensland rivals the Broncos.

Herbie Farnworth showed he is one of the competition’s elite in 2023 and as such won Dally M Centre of the Year. He had a fantastic campaign with the Broncos, who would have been desperate to retain the English international. Instead, Farnworth will make the move to the Dolphins and become a key figure in the centres under Bennet

Another star who made a switch from the Broncos is Tom Flegler, who is set to become one of the NRL newcomer’s most important players. The Dolphins have an ageing forward pack, especially in the prop position, and Flegler will now spearhead their scrum for years to come. The 24-year-old is a Queensland and Australian representative and is one of the NRL’s best middle forwards, but can at times become a liability due to disciplinary issues.

Jake Averillo is another shrewd acquisition. The 23-year-old was one of the Bulldogs’ best last year and is incredibly versatile, however his best position is arguably in the centres. Euan Aitken will also be vying for the position, which could also see Averillo play on the wing and force Tesi Niu out of the side.

Whichever way Bennett goes, Averillo is still a very solid signing and is deserving of a spot in the run on team. Outside of those three, the Dolphins have also signed Oryn Keeley from the Knights who has played two NRL games to date.
Averillo has played at 5/8 before. Could that be what Wayne has in mind?
7. Katoa
6. Averillo
5. Isaako
4. Herbie
3. Val
2. ?
1. Hammer