What's new

Recruitment and retention

Chris

QLD Cup
yeah because hes worth it these two aint we dont need either got plenty in both roles
The bottom line is, every player is worth what clubs will pay them. Looking at the million dollar players (Tedesco, Ponga, Munster, Haas) I'd say Dearden and Mam are not even close at this stage but that is what good halves get these days. Until this year, Luke Brooks was on almost 1mil a year!

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
The bottom line is, every player is worth what clubs will pay them. Looking at the million dollar players (Tedesco, Ponga, Munster, Haas) I'd say Dearden and Mam are not even close at this stage but that is what good halves get these days. Until this year, Luke Brooks was on almost 1mil a year!
Agreed.

And none of our halves are at the level of any of those players you have mentioned.

However, if you want to be competitive in this competition you need a halve at that level. If we are serious, we won't be sticking with what we have for too long.

Milf, Niko and SoS are nowhere near good enough to win us a comp. Katoa is an exception as he is young and has the potential to get to that level I believe, however that may be 3 years down the track.

Chris

QLD Cup
Agreed.

And none of our halves are at the level of any of those players you have mentioned.

However, if you want to be competitive in this competition you need a halve at that level. If we are serious, we won't be sticking with what we have for too long.

Milf, Niko and SoS are nowhere near good enough to win us a comp. Katoa is an exception as he is young and has the potential to get to that level I believe, however that may be 3 years down the track.
💯

mr_c

QLD Cup
Agreed.

no way are mam n dreadon any better though

mr_c

QLD Cup
Those two are streets ahead of SoS.

Milf is unfit, and they are at least fit

Niko, you could probably argue a case for, so I will agree with you.
would want see more outta both them before big cash thrown around reality is they had one good season but can they go on with
it

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
IMO SOS is a good QLD Cup halfback and Niko is a good utility. Deardon and Mam are guns. Not as good as Munster or Ponga but on the next rank down.
SOS in my view was only ever supposed to be a stop-gap measure.

Though give credit where its due, he was excellent before being injured. Stunk it up after returning from injury.

Chris

QLD Cup
SOS in my view was only ever supposed to be a stop-gap measure.

Though give credit where its due, he was excellent before being injured. Stunk it up after returning from injury.
Like the rest of the team. Gilbert an JMK were our best until both got injured almost exactly the same time. That made it hard for the rest of the team. Whoever needed to step up, didn't.

mr_c

QLD Cup
milf needs be beside sos and bring kodi of bench iknow i am going get hate for it but

Katoa needs more time was no good when pressure was on kodi and milf new how to take pressure off​

Jetty

QLD Cup
milf needs be beside sos and bring kodi of bench iknow i am going get hate for it but

Katoa needs more time was no good when pressure was on kodi and milf new how to take pressure off​

I think that was the case last season. The team was always better with Milf at 5/8. I think Wayne was pissed off by Milf's refusal to go on a diet. Next season I hope Katoa is ready and good enough to play every week.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

You must be related to Milf. Because he was just as bad at times. And being experienced makes it even worse. At least with Katoa, he is fit and has plenty of upside.

Kodi was great, however he can service several position, making him the perfect 14.

If you keep on this Milf attraction I am going to think you're married to him.

Chris

QLD Cup
You must be related to Milf. Because he was just as bad at times. And being experienced makes it even worse. At least with Katoa, he is fit and has plenty of upside.

Kodi was great, however he can service several position, making him the perfect 14.

If you keep on this Milf attraction I am going to think you're married to him.
Agree Kodi was great but because he was playing out of position. I agree with, he's a 14. Not a 6 or a 1. Bring him on to give JMK a break and then leave him on even after JMK comes back on. That would be how I would use him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
end of the day he was the one taking pressure off us with the calmer head when a lot weren't same with kodi

Jetty

QLD Cup
end of the day he was the one taking pressure off us with the calmer head when a lot weren't same with kodi
Milf was? I think Milf went ok but there is certainly a lot he could have done better. He just has to lose weight but seems just can't. I guess this is why Wayne kept dropping him and now wants to ship him off to the ESL.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Milf was? I think Milf went ok but there is certainly a lot he could have done better. He just has to lose weight but seems just can't. I guess this is why Wayne kept dropping him and now wants to ship him off to the ESL.
i call bs on that if he really wamted that he wouldnt been here same thing with atiken