What's new

Recruitment and retention

Chris

QLD Cup
brenko was perfect example , there was also talk atikin was going to but dolphins said he wasn t think , think its more media wanting a story
Brenko is no chance of playing NRL next season.
Aitken and Milf are a chance but if they can find a better deal elsewhere, they are free to leave.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i wonder if
Addin Fonua-Blake

tests water here has told warriors he wants out , even though it says in media article he wants to be sydney based dont see any of the sydney clubs having room

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
i wonder if
Addin Fonua-Blake

tests water here has told warriors he wants out , even though it says in media article he wants to be sydney based dont see any of the sydney clubs having room
Wayne doesn't like paying huge money for props but he wants to go to NSW anyway.

mr_c

QLD Cup
A mil a year seems like so much for a prop. Someone not on the field for 80min a game. But that's what the best props make now.

Though media is reporting he wants to be close to Sydney.
yeah thats his mums side

Jetty

QLD Cup
Update: AFB won't be leaving the Warriors before the end of next season.

Dolph

QLD Cup
If anyone was signed on November 1st, the cooling off period (10 days, isn't it?) is almost over. I wonder who we signed. Surely there must be someone. I'm thinking Angus Crighton and Esra Mam.

Chris

QLD Cup
If anyone was signed on November 1st, the cooling off period (10 days, isn't it?) is almost over. I wonder who we signed. Surely there must be someone. I'm thinking Angus Crighton and Esra Mam.
I think it's 2 weeks. The silence around Esra Mam and Tom Dearden is deafening. I think at least one of the two is on the move.

Chris

QLD Cup

Development players 2024:

• James Walsh (2024)
  • Jeremiah Simbiken (2024, CO 2025)
  • Kurt Donoghoe (2024)
  • Max Plath (2025)
  • Michael Waqa (2024, CO 2025)
  • Ryan Jackson (2024, CO 2025)

mr_c

QLD Cup
i dont see us getting either

Chris

QLD Cup
i dont see us getting either
Can't see Crighton coming. I think Mam is a strong chance. Broncos seemingly can't offer him more than a little less than 800k. We'd be able to easily throw 1mil at him. But not sure if he's worth that much.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Can't see Crighton coming. I think Mam is a strong chance. Broncos seemingly can't offer him more than a little less than 800k. We'd be able to easily throw 1mil at him. But not sure if he's worth that much.
wayne doesnt throw huge money

Red

Forum staff
He was offering Munster something like 1.5mil a year and not a lot less for Ponga.
With a bit of luck (regarding the suspensions of Kafusi and injuries to Gilbert and JMK) and a marquee player like Munster or Ponga, I reckon the sky was the limit for last season.