What's new

Other Teams in 2023

Josh

QLD Cup
100% agree. Complete waste of money by yawnion and just another reason to hate the Rorters more.

On a related note, Israel Folau just bought on the beach at Scarby - Wayne was actually apparently looking at the same property earlier too. Queue the whispers :)
How old is Israel now?

Red

Forum staff
Trent Robinson is a insufferable, pontificating fuckwit. As for Suaalli, who cares? Unless he improves a lot, Rugby overpaid him by about 1mil a year.
If there was one word I would use to describe Trent Robinson it's "pretentious". A very, very pretentious character.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Why should a player be forced out of the game just because he's taken another job at another company? Deadset, some league fans, like Gould, are overly emotional sooks.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Why should a player be forced out of the game just because he's taken another job at another company? Deadset, some league fans, like Gould, are overly emotional sooks.
In effect the NRL is training/promoting a player who is going to a rival organisation. I hope he stays at the Roosters for the next year and a half because he's massively overrated as far as I can see. But if he gets off the Roosters books now, they will "use his money" to sign Cobbo, Farnworth or someone like that.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
In effect the NRL is training/promoting a player who is going to a rival organisation. I hope he stays at the Roosters for the next year and a half because he's massively overrated as far as I can see. But if he gets off the Roosters books now, they will "use his money" to sign Cobbo, Farnworth or someone like that.
100%. The whole Suuali thing just reeks. He was underwhelming playing FB at the world cup and like Cobbo is a good winger, but unproven for the big bucks at FB.

Chris

QLD Cup
100%. The whole Suuali thing just reeks. He was underwhelming playing FB at the world cup and like Cobbo is a good winger, but unproven for the big bucks at FB.
He's really slow for a winger. Probably better than Cobbo because he goes looking for work but Cobbo is for sure more talented.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
He's really slow for a winger. Probably better than Cobbo because he goes looking for work but Cobbo is for sure more talented.
If Cobbo wasn't so lazy, he'd be a superstar. But he is. Sometimes it looks like he is trying to hide. And the curious case of him sitting out a vital game last year due to 'fatigue'. Suaali would never do that.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
If Cobbo wasn't so lazy, he'd be a superstar. But he is. Sometimes it looks like he is trying to hide. And the curious case of him sitting out a vital game last year due to 'fatigue'. Suaali would never do that.
I don't think he is lazy, just inexperienced and sometimes makes the wrong decision. He has a lot of developing to do and no doubt will one day be a superstar fullback deserving of huge $$$ (like Suuali could be too), just not right now.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
I don't think he is lazy, just inexperienced and sometimes makes the wrong decision. He has a lot of developing to do and no doubt will one day be a superstar fullback deserving of huge $$$ (like Suuali could be too), just not right now.
I don't know. I think he has far fewer runs tan the top wingers. I could be wrong but see the game last week. He was hardly sighted. As for being a top fullback, he's behind Walsh. If he's going to be a top fullback, I think it won't be at the Broncos.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I don't know. I think he has far fewer runs tan the top wingers. I could be wrong but see the game last week. He was hardly sighted. As for being a top fullback, he's behind Walsh. If he's going to be a top fullback, I think it won't be at the Broncos.
Yeah surprisingly I see last season he was around 60th for average runs per game (10) out of all wingers but 18th for avg. run metres (122). T'oo topped it at 19 runs (190m) and Oates was 3rd 15 (152m) as comparison. Definitely can be said from that he is not as active but makes his runs count.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Yeah surprisingly I see last season he was around 60th for average runs per game (10) out of all wingers but 18th for avg. run metres (122). T'oo topped it at 19 runs (190m) and Oates was 3rd 15 (152m) as comparison. Definitely can be said from that he is not as active but makes his runs count.
Thats consistent to how it seems he plays most of the time.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
I n
Ever understood the hype on cobbo. He looks 10kg over weight has no definition like he's never seen a gym in his life.