What's new

Other Teams in 2023

Axel

Dolphins Junior League
Just watching the Dogs-Manly game and after the Penrith game last night, it seems Penrith have halves but average at best edge backrowers. Canterbury on the other hand have good edge backrowers, Kikau recruited from Penrith, but rubbish halves.

Seems to me Burton is a much better centre who can kick in general play rather than a 5/8.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Just watching the Dogs-Manly game and after the Penrith game last night, it seems Penrith have halves but average at best edge backrowers. Canterbury on the other hand have good edge backrowers, Kikau recruited from Penrith, but rubbish halves.

Seems to me Burton is a much better centre who can kick in general play rather than a 5/8.
Kikau is rubbish without Luai. Luai is rubbish without Kikau Together they were very hard to stop.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Parramatta lose tonight, can we put a line through them this season? They aren't good enough to go on long winning runs so maybe this is their last chance.

Josh

QLD Cup
Parramatta lose tonight, can we put a line through them this season? They aren't good enough to go on long winning runs so maybe this is their last chance.
Good game. Penrith getting back to their best after starting the year a shadow of that.

Red

Forum staff
I would have liked the Eels to lose and make it that much harder for them to make the finals. They are probably good enough to make it.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I would have liked the Eels to lose and make it that much harder for them to make the finals. They are probably good enough to make it.

You don't want to see them make it to only choke again like always?

What's going on at Wests? How are they such a terrible football club?

Red

Forum staff
You don't want to see them make it to only choke again like always?

What's going on at Wests? How are they such a terrible football club?
It's quite astonishing they have been so bad for so long. Supposedly they have a pretty big junior nursery. Letting go of Tedesco and Moses, keeping Brooks was an incredibly bad call.

As for the Eels, far from choking, I think they've been punching above their weight for some years.

Jetty

QLD Cup
If they are banking on Bateman they're truly fucked
Used to be a gun but Tigers is where good players go to retire. Korosau was probably the best hooker in the comp last year. Last week I watched most of the Tigers game. He was surely joking. One of the worst games from a #9 I can remember.

Equaliser

I'm not familiar with the NFL but in the regular NRL season, golden point is idiotic IMO.
I think it has to do with the TV agreement. Something about viewers want a result. I don't believe it personally but I think that's the argument. Maybe casual viewers prefer it that way while serious fans don't care that much either way.

Equaliser

Anyone watching the NZ - Canterbury game? Does Dylan Walker have a wager on Canterbury to win? Surely he's close to being hooked.

Red

Forum staff
Wonder what's going on with Canberra. I think I tipped them to make the top 8 and Newcastle to be wooden spooners.

Red

Forum staff

Gus fires back at ‘pontificating’ Roosters coach​

Phil Gould has dismissed Roosters coach Trent Robinson’s crack at him over the Joseph Suaalii saga as “pontificating” and declared “you mistake me for someone who cares what he says”.

Gould sparked the war of words when he said Suaalii should leave the NRL immediately and “not let the door hit you on the arse on the way out” after the teen this week signed a $5 million deal with Rugby Australia from 2025. Robinson went into bat for his star centre as he labelled the comments “ridiculous” and suggested Gould was “fearful” of RA.

I think Phillip is right:
  • Rorters coach is an insufferable, pontificating fuckwit.
  • Suaalii is a good player. Not more than that. Like a slightly bigger but slightly slower Staggs. Very far from a SBW, Inglis, Folau. I'm astounded Rugby Yawnion paid so much for him.
  • Should send him on his way now! Selecting him for SOO shouldn't even be considered. Not good enough anyway.
  • Obviously, despite what the pontificating fuckwit says, RA is absolutely in competition with the NRL.

Josh

QLD Cup

Gus fires back at ‘pontificating’ Roosters coach​

Phil Gould has dismissed Roosters coach Trent Robinson’s crack at him over the Joseph Suaalii saga as “pontificating” and declared “you mistake me for someone who cares what he says”.

Gould sparked the war of words when he said Suaalii should leave the NRL immediately and “not let the door hit you on the arse on the way out” after the teen this week signed a $5 million deal with Rugby Australia from 2025. Robinson went into bat for his star centre as he labelled the comments “ridiculous” and suggested Gould was “fearful” of RA.

I think Phillip is right:
  • Rorters coach is an insufferable, pontificating fuckwit.
  • Suaalii is a good player. Not more than that. Like a slightly bigger but slightly slower Staggs. Very far from a SBW, Inglis, Folau. I'm astounded Rugby Yawnion paid so much for him.
  • Should send him on his way now! Selecting him for SOO shouldn't even be considered. Not good enough anyway.
  • Obviously, despite what the pontificating fuckwit says, RA is absolutely in competition with the NRL.
Trent Robinson is a insufferable, pontificating fuckwit. As for Suaalli, who cares? Unless he improves a lot, Rugby overpaid him by about 1mil a year.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Trent Robinson is a insufferable, pontificating fuckwit. As for Suaalli, who cares? Unless he improves a lot, Rugby overpaid him by about 1mil a year.
100% agree. Complete waste of money by yawnion and just another reason to hate the Rorters more.

On a related note, Israel Folau just bought on the beach at Scarby - Wayne was actually apparently looking at the same property earlier too. Queue the whispers :)