What's new

Other Teams in 2023

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I'd go all in for the minor premiership and premiership as well.
I wonder of Broncos are going to rest some players or go all out for the minor premiership. If I was supporting them I think....................... I don't know. Positives and negatives either way. I'd probably wish they would go all out for the minor premiership.
So much for that. Reports are that Melbourne is resting most or all of their big guns.

Jetty

QLD Cup
So much for that. Reports are that Melbourne is resting most or all of their big guns.
Lock Broncos v Storm week 1 of the finals.

Is Bellamy playing mind games? Sending a message that he wants to play Broncos in week 1 of the finals? Or just writing off our ability to beat NZ? NZ have had an incredible season. SJ has been the best player in the competition. But they lack the class of Melbourne, Broncos, Penrith. I think they'll struggle against the lower teams as well.

Chris

QLD Cup
Bulldogs seem to be imploding.
  • Braidon Burns has apparently walked out on the club. Not a big deal in and of itself because he was unsigned for next year anyway but shows the toxic culture.
  • 8 more top 30 players want out.
  • Another unnamed player has taken time off for personal reasons.
  • A lot of Dogs fans are saying Cameron Ciraldo has lost the dressing room. According to people with experience I know, once a coach has lost the dressing room, there is no getting it back.
So I wonder how We can take advantage of it? Possibly poach one or two players and have the Dogs pay part of the salary?

Dolph

QLD Cup
Broncos seem to have a metal block v Melbourne. They need Penrith to lose and us to beat the Warriors so tehy play the Warriors, not Mebourne next week.

Red

Forum staff
Broncos seem to have a metal block v Melbourne. They need Penrith to lose and us to beat the Warriors so tehy play the Warriors, not Mebourne next week.
Must be a massive concern heading into Week 1 of the finals. NQ and us can do the Broncos a massive favour. NQ have to beat Penrith so Broncos will win the minor premiership and we have to beat the Warriors to ensure 1 v 4 = Broncos vs Warriors in week 1.

Though Penrith are apparently going to be without Luai in week 1 so maybe Melbourne would be happy to face them in week 1. Get them out of the way until the GF if both make it.

Chris

QLD Cup
Must be a massive concern heading into Week 1 of the finals. NQ and us can do the Broncos a massive favour. NQ have to beat Penrith so Broncos will win the minor premiership and we have to beat the Warriors to ensure 1 v 4 = Broncos vs Warriors in week 1.

Though Penrith are apparently going to be without Luai in week 1 so maybe Melbourne would be happy to face them in week 1. Get them out of the way until the GF if both make it.
Surely no way Penrith's reserve grade team will beat the Cowboys. If Broncos want to avoid Melbourne in Week 1, they need us. Warriors are resting Sean Johnson but apart from that, who are they missing?

Jetty

QLD Cup
Surely no way Penrith's reserve grade team will beat the Cowboys. If Broncos want to avoid Melbourne in Week 1, they need us. Warriors are resting Sean Johnson but apart from that, who are they missing?
If we beat the Warriors, I bet Penrith are going to name a full strength team out of who they have available. No offense to the Warriors. They are a really good team but I think most people who rate them a bit below the other top 4 teams.

Dolph

QLD Cup
A shame the Cowboys won’t go through. Massively disappointing season for them. Broncos to miss the minor premiership. Massive game week 1 of the finals, Broncos v Melbourne at Lang Park. I don't think Melbourne will mind that.

Jetty

QLD Cup
All in all, not really such a disappointing season. Disappointing from where we were before Gilbert and JMK were injured at the same time.

But I can't wait to watch Broncos vs Melbourne. I reckon Melbourne are going to go with Pap t fullback and Meany on the bench. And I predict they'll be too good for the Broncos. Broncos vs Roosters in week 2 will be another ripper. Going with Broncos in that one.

midlands hobo

Greeting from Spain. Missed the game but the result looked good I guess they rested most of their main players as they have a top 4 berth sewn up. We took off at about half time I'll watch next weekend when I'm home.

Chris

QLD Cup
Greeting from Spain. Missed the game but the result looked good I guess they rested most of their main players as they have a top 4 berth sewn up. We took off at about half time I'll watch next weekend when I'm home.
They did but we still played well.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Are you on holiday?

midlands hobo

Hope you enjoyed the sunshine. It's about to disappear in your part of the world for the 8 months, isn't it?
Weirdly we got home and it's hotter here. Was 31 yesterday only 27 in Barcelona. But I expect it to return to fog rain and UK standard by the end of the month

• Sad
Reactions: Red

Dolph

QLD Cup

Highest Paid NRL players​

1. Kalyn Ponga (Knights): $1.4m
  2. Nathan Cleary (Panthers): $1.3m
  3. Cameron Munster (Storm): $1.25m
  4. Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles): $1.2m
  5. Luke Brooks (Tigers): $1.15m
  6. Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles): $1.15m
  7. Ben Hunt (Dragons): $1.1m
  8. James Tedesco (Roosters): $1.1m
  9. Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors): $1.05m
  10. Mitchell Moses (Eels): $1.05m
Should leave us with plenty of salary cap space to go after a few more relatively big names.

Red

Forum staff
Fastest players from last season:
  1. Ronaldo Mulitalo (Cronulla) 37.18km/h
  2. Jason Saab (Manly) 37.11km/h
  3. Maika Sivo (Parramatta) 36.86km/h
  4. Dominic Young (Newcastle) 36.82km/h
  5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury) 36.75km/h
  6. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins) 36.68km/h
  7. Alofiana Khan-Pereira (Gold Coast) 36.14km/h
  8. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta) 36.10km/h
  9. Jake Averillo (Canterbury) 36.07km/h
  10. Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle) 35.89km/h
Fastest recorded:
  • Usain Bolt 44.72km/h
Forward to the 7min mark.

Chris

QLD Cup
Fastest players from last season:
  1. Ronaldo Mulitalo (Cronulla) 37.18km/h
  2. Jason Saab (Manly) 37.11km/h
  3. Maika Sivo (Parramatta) 36.86km/h
  4. Dominic Young (Newcastle) 36.82km/h
  5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury) 36.75km/h
  6. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins) 36.68km/h
  7. Alofiana Khan-Pereira (Gold Coast) 36.14km/h
  8. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta) 36.10km/h
  9. Jake Averillo (Canterbury) 36.07km/h
  10. Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle) 35.89km/h
Fastest recorded:
  • Usain Bolt 44.72km/h
Forward to the 7min mark.
Farnworth and Isaako are probably right up there as well. So we are going to have a very fast backline next year.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Media pundits saying Jason Taumalolo is worth 600-650k a year but he's on the books at the Cowboys for a mil a year for another 4 years. I agree with the media pundits. As a matter of fact, I'd say our own Tommy Gilbert is a better lock.

Never sign players who rely on speed and power for more than 4 or 5 years!