What's new

2024 team

Chris

QLD Cup
I must say I am pumped for the season. Optimistic about our chances.

I think our big names will perform like big names. Everyone knows Hammer is going to play well, Flegler and Herbie too.

However, the key to the season doesn’t lie with them.

The key to our year lies directly at the feet of SoS. If he plays like dogshit, we will be top of the bottom 8. If he can step up for a season, I say bottom of the top 8.

I’d like to think, if it isn’t working early, we make a change quickly. And if that change works top 8 may still be a go.
If Wayne has a solution to our halves problem, I'm gunning for the top 4.

Blockade

QLD Cup
The lineup may look this in two weeks time vs the Cowboys.

1 Hammer
2 J Isaako
3 H Farnworth
4 J Averillo
5 J Bostock
6 I Katoa
7 SOS
8 J Bromwich
9 JMK
10 T Flegler
11 F Kafusi
12 C Lemuelu
13 R Stone

14 K Nikorima
15 M Nicholls
16 J Wallace
17 K Bromwich

18 V Te Whare
19 O Keeley
20 E Aitken
21 T Niu
22 J Kerr
23 R Jennings
24 E Lee
25 M Plath
26 H Graham
27 T Gilbert
28 M Teague
29 A Milford

Chris

QLD Cup
The lineup may look this in two weeks time vs the Cowboys.

1 Hammer
2 J Isaako
3 H Farnworth
4 J Averillo
5 J Bostock
6 I Katoa
7 SOS
8 J Bromwich
9 JMK
10 T Flegler
11 F Kafusi
12 C Lemuelu
13 R Stone

14 K Nikorima
15 M Nicholls
16 J Wallace
17 K Bromwich

18 V Te Whare
19 O Keeley
20 E Aitken
21 T Niu
22 J Kerr
23 R Jennings
24 E Lee
25 M Plath
26 H Graham
27 T Gilbert
28 M Teague
29 A Milford
I think Aitken might push out Nicholls. Kenny Bromwich and Wallace to be the prop rotation with the starting props.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Is the club going to confirm Gilbert did his ACL and is out for the season? I remember after the origin game we were wondering what was going on for about 2 weeks before the media simply started reporting he was gone for the season.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Is the club going to confirm Gilbert did his ACL and is out for the season? I remember after the origin game we were wondering what was going on for about 2 weeks before the media simply started reporting he was gone for the season.
they have now which might mean we could get a loan player

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
they have now which might mean we could get a loan player
Yep. Confirmed in the Courier Mail. Out for the season. There are plenty of "loan players" available but not SOO calibre forwards when the Warriors forwards already beat us up last weekend.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Yep. Confirmed in the Courier Mail. Out for the season. There are plenty of "loan players" available but not SOO calibre forwards when the Warriors forwards already beat us up last weekend.
to be honnest till the older guys retire i think it will continue

Dolph

QLD Cup
to be honnest till the older guys retire i think it will continue
Yep. 6 veterans in the running for the 17. 4 are probably certaities and the remaining 2 competing with each other for 1 spot.

At least 2, too many.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yep. 6 veterans in the running for the 17. 4 are probably certaities and the remaining 2 competing with each other for 1 spot.

At least 2, too many.
  • Jesse and Kenny Bromwich
  • Kafusi
  • Nicholls
  • Wallace
Who is the 6th?

Chris

QLD Cup
he be there for few years
I think Aitken goes ok. Rumour is the club was trying to ship him off during the off season. I think he's worth keeping around as a forward but cover for backline injuries during games.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think Aitken goes ok. Rumour is the club was trying to ship him off during the off season. I think he's worth keeping around as a forward but cover for backline injuries during games.
lol dont belive everything you see club or his manger new nothing about it, just another fan having Diarrhea for the day

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

May or may not have been the case

mr_c

QLD Cup
Phone bosses said he be part of this season and till end of contract

Blockade

QLD Cup
Phone bosses said he be part of this season and till end of contract
The club were perfectly fine with his intended departure. The problem being that he was unwanted elsewhere. He is only a middle of the road player. He is fantastic sometimes but woeful on other occasions.