What's new

2024 team

Red

Forum staff

DOLPHINS

Halves: Sean O’Sullivan, Isaiya Katoa, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima (also fullback), Max Plath (also lock)
Hooker: Jeremy Marshall-King, Harrison Graham
Fullback: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (also centre)
Wing: Jamayne Isaako, Edrick Lee, Jack Bostock (also centre), Robert Jennings, Tesi Niu (also centre)
Centre: Herbie Farnworth, Jake Averillo (also fullback), Euan Aitken (also second row), Valynce Te Whare
Prop: Tom Flegler, Jarrod Wallace, Jesse Bromwich, Josh Kerr, Mark Nicholls
Second row: Felise Kaufusi, Kenny Bromwich, Connelly Lemuelu, Oryn Keely
Lock: Tom Gilbert, Ray Stone, Mason Teague (also second row)

Spots left in Top 30: 1​

Supplementary players: James Walsh (second row), Jeremiah Simbiken (second row), Kurt Donoghoe (five-eighth/hooker/lock), Max Plath (five-eighth/lock), Michael Waqa (prop), Ryan Jackson (prop)

Reserves report: The Dolphins have boosted their depth big time by linking up with Norths Devils to go from two Queensland Cup feeder clubs (Redcliffe Dolphins and CQ Capras) to three in 2024.Utility back Jordan Lipp, five-eighth Gerome Burns, former Wests Tigers prop Tuki Simpkins and former Knights forward Cooper Jenkins have signed with Norths but will spend the summer training with the Dolphins NRL squad. Hooker Trey Browne, five-eighth Aaron Moore and lock Lachlan Hubner are doing a Dolphin pre-season via the Capras. Meanwhile, Dolphins Queensland Cup-contracted players winger Brenton Baira and fullback Trai Fuller, who made his NRL debut last season, are also with the first grade squad over the summer. Prop Max Bailey, who won Best and Fairest with Sunshine Coast this year has signed with Redcliffe’s Cup side but is also doing a pre-season with the NRL squad.

Verdict: Ready to go.The Dolphins are well-balanced heading into 2024 and still have the luxury of two spots available in the Top 30. The addition of Herbie Farnworth and Jake Averillo to the backline is huge especially given both can cover fullback and Averillo also has experience in the halves. Tom Flegler has added some youth up front and created serious competition for spots. Kodi Nikorima will be key to the Dolphins’ depth once again after slotting in at five-eighth, fullback, hooker and centre this year. But it could be wise to add another genuine hooker to the top squad just in case Jeremy Marshall-King has any issues after his shoulder reconstruction.

Quality squad! Halves are still a bit of a worry and 2 or 3 too many veterans in that forward pack.

Jetty

QLD Cup

DOLPHINS

Halves: Sean O’Sullivan, Isaiya Katoa, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima (also fullback), Max Plath (also lock)
Hooker: Jeremy Marshall-King, Harrison Graham
Fullback: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (also centre)
Wing: Jamayne Isaako, Edrick Lee, Jack Bostock (also centre), Robert Jennings, Tesi Niu (also centre)

Centre: Herbie Farnworth, Jake Averillo (also fullback), Euan Aitken (also second row), Valynce Te Whare​

Prop: Tom Flegler, Jarrod Wallace, Jesse Bromwich, Josh Kerr, Mark Nicholls
Second row: Felise Kaufusi, Kenny Bromwich, Connelly Lemuelu, Oryn Keely
Lock: Tom Gilbert, Ray Stone, Mason Teague (also second row)

Spots left in Top 30: 1​

Supplementary players: James Walsh (second row), Jeremiah Simbiken (second row), Kurt Donoghoe (five-eighth/hooker/lock), Max Plath (five-eighth/lock), Michael Waqa (prop), Ryan Jackson (prop)

Reserves report: The Dolphins have boosted their depth big time by linking up with Norths Devils to go from two Queensland Cup feeder clubs (Redcliffe Dolphins and CQ Capras) to three in 2024.Utility back Jordan Lipp, five-eighth Gerome Burns, former Wests Tigers prop Tuki Simpkins and former Knights forward Cooper Jenkins have signed with Norths but will spend the summer training with the Dolphins NRL squad. Hooker Trey Browne, five-eighth Aaron Moore and lock Lachlan Hubner are doing a Dolphin pre-season via the Capras. Meanwhile, Dolphins Queensland Cup-contracted players winger Brenton Baira and fullback Trai Fuller, who made his NRL debut last season, are also with the first grade squad over the summer. Prop Max Bailey, who won Best and Fairest with Sunshine Coast this year has signed with Redcliffe’s Cup side but is also doing a pre-season with the NRL squad.

Verdict: Ready to go.The Dolphins are well-balanced heading into 2024 and still have the luxury of two spots available in the Top 30. The addition of Herbie Farnworth and Jake Averillo to the backline is huge especially given both can cover fullback and Averillo also has experience in the halves. Tom Flegler has added some youth up front and created serious competition for spots. Kodi Nikorima will be key to the Dolphins’ depth once again after slotting in at five-eighth, fullback, hooker and centre this year. But it could be wise to add another genuine hooker to the top squad just in case Jeremy Marshall-King has any issues after his shoulder reconstruction.

Quality squad! Halves are still a bit of a worry and 2 or 3 too many veterans in that forward pack.
How good are out centre stocks!!??

Red

Forum staff

Every Teams Forward Pack Rated​

DOLPHINS — C+

Predicted pack

Props:
Tom Flegler and Jesse Bromwich

Hooker: Jeremy Marshall-King

Backrowers: Felise Kaufusi and Connelly Lemuelu

Lock: Tom Gilbert

The Dolphins have added one marquee recruit to their forward pack for the 2024 season. Broncos gun Tom Flegler joins Wayne Bennett’s side and will become a central figure in the NRL newcomer’s pack for years to come. He will likely partner veteran Jesse Bromwich who has played over 300 first grade games and is a key man for the Dolphins.

Jeremy Marshall-King battled shoulder injuries to close out his season but showed he is a genuine quality hooker and the NRL newcomers need him fit and firing.
Felise Kaufusi delivered some of the biggest hits in recent memory to start the 2023 season and Connely Lemuelu also had a breakout year, earning his spot as a starting backrower under Bennett.

Tom Gilbert was a huge loss for the 17th franchise, suffering a shoulder dislocation in Origin Game I. The former Cowboy led the way from lock and his presence was sorely missed for the rest of the year, so the Dolphins need him firing in 2024.

Statistically, the Dolphins’ forward pack sat in the middle for majority of statistics, but were lacking when it came to support and decoy runners, tallying the third least in the competition per 80 minutes.

Only C+???!!! I think this is an absolute gun forward pack. At very least a straight B. Jesse Bromwich is a bit of a worry based on last year but fortunately Wallace was in the form of his career. Other than that a stack of power, speed and creatively!

Dolph

QLD Cup

Every Teams Forward Pack Rated​

DOLPHINS — C+

Predicted pack

Props: Tom Flegler and Jesse Bromwich

Hooker: Jeremy Marshall-King

Backrowers: Felise Kaufusi and Connelly Lemuelu

Lock: Tom Gilbert

The Dolphins have added one marquee recruit to their forward pack for the 2024 season. Broncos gun Tom Flegler joins Wayne Bennett’s side and will become a central figure in the NRL newcomer’s pack for years to come. He will likely partner veteran Jesse Bromwich who has played over 300 first grade games and is a key man for the Dolphins.

Jeremy Marshall-King battled shoulder injuries to close out his season but showed he is a genuine quality hooker and the NRL newcomers need him fit and firing.
Felise Kaufusi delivered some of the biggest hits in recent memory to start the 2023 season and Connely Lemuelu also had a breakout year, earning his spot as a starting backrower under Bennett.

Tom Gilbert was a huge loss for the 17th franchise, suffering a shoulder dislocation in Origin Game I. The former Cowboy led the way from lock and his presence was sorely missed for the rest of the year, so the Dolphins need him firing in 2024.

Statistically, the Dolphins’ forward pack sat in the middle for majority of statistics, but were lacking when it came to support and decoy runners, tallying the third least in the competition per 80 minutes.

Only C+???!!! I think this is an absolute gun forward pack. At very least a straight B. Jesse Bromwich is a bit of a worry based on last year but fortunately Wallace was in the form of his career. Other than that a stack of power, speed and creatively!
Keep underestimating us. We'll fly under the radar.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Clubs fastest, fittest and strongest players​

DOLPHINS

1.2km time trial
  1. Max Plath (4:11)
  2. Tom Gilbert (4:12)
  3. Kurt Donoghoe
Tommy Gilbert is relentless. If he stays healthy I think he will take his game to new levels in 2024.

Bench
  1. Cooper Jenkins (150kgs)
  2. Josh Kerr
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Tuki Simpkins
Who could have guessed Tesi is that strong?

Squat
  1. Cooper Jenkins (225kgs)
  2. Val Te Whare
  3. Tesi Niu
Surprised Val didn't come first.

Josh

QLD Cup

Predicted Round 1 team​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock (not so sure about this one. It'll be a good battle for the remaining wing spot)
  6. Kodi Nikorima (not for me, I like him in his best position as a bench utility. I think Milf might work hard in the off season and get the nod.)
  7. Sean O’Sullivan (Katoa)
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich (No! On the bench and Lemuelu starting.)
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Max Plath (Kodi)
  15. Jarrod Wallace
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mark Nicholls (Kenny)

mr_c

QLD Cup

Clubs fastest, fittest and strongest players​

DOLPHINS

1.2km time trial
  1. Max Plath (4:11)
  2. Tom Gilbert (4:12)
  3. Kurt Donoghoe
Tommy Gilbert is relentless. If he stays healthy I think he will take his game to new levels in 2024.

Bench
  1. Cooper Jenkins (150kgs)
  2. Josh Kerr
  3. Tesi Niu
  4. Tuki Simpkins
Who could have guessed Tesi is that strong?

Squat
  1. Cooper Jenkins (225kgs)
  2. Val Te Whare
  3. Tesi Niu
Surprised Val didn't come first.
not sure what hieght and wieght cooper is but hes a promising kid been in the aussie school boys system

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Cooper isn't in the top 30. I think he's on a development contract.
I'm more interested in the performance. I.e a lighter player lifting the same as a heavier player is more impressive.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
I'm more interested in the performance. I.e a lighter player lifting the same as a heavier player is more impressive.
Doubtful he is heavier than Val. At least not Val in his natural habitat. Maybe now he's dropped the 20 or so kg Wayne demanded.

Happy New Year. I feel we are really going to make our presence known this season. Premiership is probably still out of reach but I expect to make the finals.

mr_c

QLD Cup
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock /tesi
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Max Plath kodi
  15. Jarrod Wallace/kerr
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mark Nicholls
Elijah Rasmussen, Brenton Baira , Lewis Symonds Lachlan Huber, are the kids to watch out for be intresting to see what out of the jnr stocks we use

really find it hard to give trai a fulltime spot unless a multitude of injuries

Dolph

QLD Cup
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock /tesi
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Sean O’Sullivan
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Kenny Bromwich
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Max Plath kodi
  15. Jarrod Wallace/kerr
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mark Nicholls
Elijah Rasmussen, Brenton Baira , Lewis Symonds Lachlan Huber, are the kids to watch out for be intresting to see what out of the jnr stocks we use

really find it hard to give trai a fulltime spot unless a multitude of injuries
You don't rate Katoa at all? Wayne has been full of praise for him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
You don't rate Katoa at all? Wayne has been full of praise for him.
its more a wait and see thing for me kids young and had 1st full season, some go forward some go backwards , he allways going praise young kids but it be up to the boy to improve on last s eason especially with lot competition in halfs even them train n trail halfs are handy and its more if we loose milf we loose experience and realistically we dont have experienced halfs waiting in wings just jnrs hence why i think they play kodi more we will need all experience we can get

Josh

QLD Cup
its more a wait and see thing for me kids young and had 1st full season, some go forward some go backwards , he allways going praise young kids but it be up to the boy to improve on last s eason especially with lot competition in halfs even them train n trail halfs are handy and its more if we loose milf we loose experience and realistically we dont have experienced halfs waiting in wings just jnrs hence why i think they play kodi more we will need all experience we can get
Ans SOS doesn't have to improve on last season????