What's new

Round 5: Dolphins vs Wests Tigers

Chris

QLD Cup
Not so much this weekend but for the year, good luck to Benji. Always liked him as a player even though I never supported any of the teams he played for. Who was the "genius" who pushed him out from the Tigers to start with?

Benji Marshall’s next test against mentor Wayne Bennett and brother Jeremy Marshall-King​

Tigers slowly proving doubters wrong this season. Marshall’s next test against the Dolphins holds a dual challenge of emotional significance: one in the form of his former mentor, and the other his brother.​

Benji doesn’t expect a phone call from super-coach Wayne Bennett this week. Nor his younger brother Jeremy Marshall-King, the Dolphins hooker who has been at the centre of their flying start to the year. Marshall is unlikely to pick up the phone and ring them either as he prepares to take the high-flying Wests Tigers to Suncorp Stadium for a date with the league-leading Dolphins.

If Marshall can find a way to out-wit his mentor and put the clamps on his brother, there is every chance the Tigers will finish next weekend in the top four.
Not bad for a club that has spent a decade out of the finals and a coach who was written off in many quarters before the season began.

Marshall and the Tigers are slowly winning over their doubters and they can take another step forward with a win in Brisbane next weekend. That, however, is for later in the week. On Sunday afternoon, Marshall’s priority was celebrating a second successive victory, this time over Parramatta at a raucous Commbank Stadium.
I think the winner is going to signal one of these teams are going to be in the finals. Long-term, they have a very young squad. They are going to be in a good position if they can keep the squad together.

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins vs Wests Tigers, Suncorp Stadium, 7:35pm AEDT

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Ray Stone

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kurt Donoghoe
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Kenny Bromwich

18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Tesi Niu
Players cut:
  • Sean O’Sullivan
  • Jarrod Wallace
  • Mason Teague

I know Nicholls is Wayne's favourite but I'd definitely be going with Wallace in the 17.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins vs Wests Tigers, Suncorp Stadium, 7:35pm AEDT

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Ray Stone

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kurt Donoghoe
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Kenny Bromwich

18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Tesi Niu
Players cut:
  • Sean O’Sullivan
  • Jarrod Wallace
  • Mason Teague

I know Nicholls is Wayne's favourite but I'd definitely be going with Wallace in the 17.
I'm a bit worried about Bostock against tough opposition. Broncos outside backs might give him a bath but today hopefully he can get one over his competition for a spot next year.

Chris

QLD Cup
I'm a bit worried about Bostock against tough opposition. Broncos outside backs might give him a bath but today hopefully he can get one over his competition for a spot next year.
Big test for Bostock against the Broncos wingers. Though Cobbo seems too big to me. Lost some speed.

Josh

QLD Cup
Looking forward to a win and more time on top of the table. Can only beat who is put in front of us.

Josh

QLD Cup
Tigers mostly weathered our early storm. Game on now.

Red

Forum staff
Can someone tell Ennis to settle down re Katoa. It's getting embarrassing.

Blockade

QLD Cup
They should run away with this. The Tigers have nothing. Don't be surprised by a 30+ margin in the end.