What's new

Round 4: Gold Coast Titans vs Dolphins

Red

Forum staff
Give me consistency any day.
I guess it depends on the needs of the team. As for the Dolphins, not sure. I guess with flaky players like Isakko and Bostock in the backline, more consistency at fullback would be good. See how he goes from now after his round 1 shocker and round 2 blinder.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I guess it depends on the needs of the team. As for the Dolphins, not sure. I guess with flaky players like Isakko and Bostock in the backline, more consistency at fullback would be good. See how he goes from now after his round 1 shocker and round 2 blinder.
need some more defensive backs

Dolph

QLD Cup
Kerr has probably been their best forward thus far. 155 m in 45 min during their last start. He looks fitter and more effective. He could be a pleasant surprise this year.
Hope so. He's certainly big and fast enough to be a metre eating monster.

Chris

QLD Cup
Kerr has probably been their best forward thus far. 155 m in 45 min during their last start. He looks fitter and more effective. He could be a pleasant surprise this year.
He's only played one game, hasn't he?

Jetty

QLD Cup
david f be in reserves by sounds of it
This is going to be a hard game. They are going to be fired up after getting a lot of criticism the last week. And with Campbell and Fifita back....

Blockade

QLD Cup
This is going to be a hard game. They are going to be fired up after getting a lot of criticism the last week. And with Campbell and Fifita back....
Agreed. Despite their horrid start (1 try in 2 games), they have guys that can do some damage (Brimson, Sami, Khan Pereira etc.). I'm still tipping a Dolphins victory but it will be narrow. The forwards should win the battle and dudes like Hammer and Herbie will get their opportunities.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Agreed. Despite their horrid start (1 try in 2 games), they have guys that can do some damage (Brimson, Sami, Khan Pereira etc.). I'm still tipping a Dolphins victory but it will be narrow. The forwards should win the battle and dudes like Hammer and Herbie will get their opportunities.
Fifita coming off the bencho_O. Their defence is going to give us more problems IMO. I don't think Hasler will accept their recent defensive efforts at all and we don't have the same number of attacking players as them. Our tries overwhelmingly coming from good team efforts but they have guys like Campbell, Brimson and Fifita who can do it all themselves.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Fifita coming off the bencho_O. Their defence is going to give us more problems IMO. I don't think Hasler will accept their recent defensive efforts at all and we don't have the same number of attacking players as them. Our tries overwhelmingly coming from good team efforts but they have guys like Campbell, Brimson and Fifita who can do it all themselves.
Campbell and Fifita are lacking match fitness which works in our favour. Even on a good day, the Titans are pretty loose defensively as history has taught us. I'm confident the Dolphins will score a few majors. It's just preventing them is what worries me.

Last edited:

Red

Forum staff
Knew they were going to be fired up for a big game.