What's new

Recruitment and retention

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Everything mentioned, has nothing to do with ability or results.

SoS will play like shit next year too. And we shall see what happens.

Whether Katoa plays 6 or 7 makes no difference. If we want to win a comp, it won’t be with SoS. He is t good enough

Jetty

QLD Cup
Everything mentioned, has nothing to do with ability or results.

SoS will play like shit next year too. And we shall see what happens.

Whether Katoa plays 6 or 7 makes no difference. If we want to win a comp, it won’t be with SoS. He is t good enough
Still a chance. We all saw in the GF, Cleary carried his halves partner in the second half. But yeah, Kotoa probably isn't there yet. A real shame. The rest of the team is some serious quality.

mr_c

QLD Cup
end the day wayne has immense faith in every player that takes the field fir him same with woolf , few changes with guys joining us with year under our belt will see us get better and better

sean has ability many good judges have said it

like a guy said to me today , look at whats off market next two years bar the ones that re signed rest are even worse

so likely hood of a marquee half is pretty low probbaly need wait atleast 3 years may not even happen then

Josh

QLD Cup
end the day wayne has immense faith in every player that takes the field fir him same with woolf , few changes with guys joining us with year under our belt will see us get better and better

sean has ability many good judges have said it

like a guy said to me today , look at whats off market next two years bar the ones that re signed rest are even worse

so likely hood of a marquee half is pretty low probbaly need wait atleast 3 years may not even happen then
Will need Katoa to become a marquee half or need to find one young. I don't know about SOS. He's not really bad. He had a few shockers at the tail end of last season but he can join the club there. But he'll only ever be a fringe first grader.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Will need Katoa to become a marquee half or need to find one young. I don't know about SOS. He's not really bad. He had a few shockers at the tail end of last season but he can join the club there. But he'll only ever be a fringe first grader.
Way to early to think katoa is a marquee player

Josh

QLD Cup
yes but hes 1 year in no way they give a guy a mil after been in 275k now
I don't think paying him anywhere near that is on the cards for at least the next year or two. Dearden is apparently just short of 1 mil a year. When he first came into the Broncos team, I think he was a bit older than Katoa, he was rubbish.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I don't think paying him anywhere near that is on the cards for at least the next year or two. Dearden is apparently just short of 1 mil a year. When he first came into the Broncos team, I think he was a bit older than Katoa, he was rubbish.
yeah so many young guys go rubbish quick

Jetty

QLD Cup
Is this true? That Mam still hasn't re-signed with the Broncos? I read in the media about him re-signing but that has gone quiet and it was more than 10 days ago so it's not the cooling off period.

Broncos: Ezra Mam re-signing​

This is, frankly, a very simple one to start off this year's Christmas wishlist, but more than anything, the Brisbane Broncos want Ezra Mam's signature long-term.
The star five-eighth, who lit up the grand final and was a shoe in for the Clive Churchill medal until Nathan Cleary went balistic, has been on the open market since November 1.
All the talk is that he will indeed re-sign with the club, and he has said that he wants to, but the issue is this: The longer he doesn't, the more the questions will be asked.
Thomas Dearden and Jarome Luai have both reportedly confirmed their futures as well which will make Mam potentially even more hotly pursued by rival clubs.
This is a two-fold thing for Brisbane too. They need Mam's contract signed, sealed and delivered to be able to work out what they need to do with the rest of their salary cap.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Is this true? That Mam still hasn't re-signed with the Broncos? I read in the media about him re-signing but that has gone quiet and it was more than 10 days ago so it's not the cooling off period.

This is, frankly, a very simple one to start off this year's Christmas wishlist, but more than anything, the Brisbane Broncos want Ezra Mam's signature long-term.
The star five-eighth, who lit up the grand final and was a shoe in for the Clive Churchill medal until Nathan Cleary went balistic, has been on the open market since November 1.
All the talk is that he will indeed re-sign with the club, and he has said that he wants to, but the issue is this: The longer he doesn't, the more the questions will be asked.
Thomas Dearden and Jarome Luai have both reportedly confirmed their futures as well which will make Mam potentially even more hotly pursued by rival clubs.
This is a two-fold thing for Brisbane too. They need Mam's contract signed, sealed and delivered to be able to work out what they need to do with the rest of their salary cap.
hes aggreged to terms ( which means he cant negotiate with other clubs )
and will sign early next year

Josh

QLD Cup

hes aggreged to terms ( which means he cant negotiate with other clubs )
and will sign early next year
Sounds like it might be that the Broncos are browbeating him. Or maybe he's trying to push up the amount the Dolphins are offering. Remember when David Fifta signed with Gold Coast? He had agreed on terms to remain at the Broncos, informed Meninga only for Meninga to throw another 150k at him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Sounds like it might be that the Broncos are browbeating him. Or maybe he's trying to push up the amount the Dolphins are offering. Remember when David Fifta signed with Gold Coast? He had agreed on terms to remain at the Broncos, informed Meninga only for Meninga to throw another 150k at him.
lol i highly doubt he turn back on his word