What's new

Recruitment and retention

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think he'll stay there as well. Though the longer it goes without re-signing, the more chance we are of poaching him.
hes aggreged to terms, so wouldnt see it changing, because of the fact it would be signed just not given to nrl also think there is a bit more to the situation with gc n david than what they have said

Josh

QLD Cup
hes aggreged to terms, so wouldnt see it changing, because of the fact it would be signed just not given to nrl also think there is a bit more to the situation with gc n david than what they have said
We shall see. The only thing that is certain is that as of right now, no contract between him and the Broncos has been lodged with the NRL.

mr_c

QLD Cup
We shall see. The only thing that is certain is that as of right now, no contract between him and the Broncos has been lodged with the NRL.
also means no other club has offers on us including us

Chris

QLD Cup
I thought signing Luai would have been massive for the Dolphins. Seems Wayne didn't have that view. For 1.2 mil a season, Wayne is probably right.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I thought signing Luai would have been massive for the Dolphins. Seems Wayne didn't have that view. For 1.2 mil a season, Wayne is probably right.
hard to get him when never wanted to leave sydney

mr_c

QLD Cup
That's just a rumour. He never even suggested such a thing.
no thats from someone with his family

the goat dont put that sort money up for just ant one has be guys he knows also knows our two starting halfs have 2 seasons to go the goats not the sort guy to let players go and still pay them out

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
no thats from someone with his family
Got a link? If it were true, he'd be furious with his family. Limiting his options at the negotiating table for no reason at all.
the goat dont put that sort money up for just ant one has be guys he knows also knows our two starting halfs have 2 seasons to go the goats not the sort guy to let players go and still pay them out
I agree he'll be overpaid. Glad we didn't throw that much at him. But for the right money, would've been huge for us, IMO. A bloke from a winning system, a very good player himself and still several more good years left.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Got a link? If it were true, he'd be furious with his family. Limiting his options at the negotiating table for no reason at all.

I agree he'll be overpaid. Glad we didn't throw that much at him. But for the right money, would've been huge for us, IMO. A bloke from a winning system, a very good player himself and still several more good years left.
nah it was in person my cousion , is marrired into his mrs family

one thing i known about wayne he will only through it at them if he new he was chance of getting them

Josh

QLD Cup

Really not sure how good he'll be without Cleary leading the team around.

Of course he might be still better doing that himself but I doubt it.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Really not sure how good he'll be without Cleary leading the team around.

Of course he might be still better doing that himself but I doubt it.
personally not sure on how good cleary will go without him and new distraction of his mrs

Chris

QLD Cup
Won't affect Cleary at all. Losing forwards is the only thing that will affect Cleary's game.
Cleary was average to bad until Luai was forced off in the GF. The rest is history.
It might effect him a bit but I'm also doubtful after seeing the way he took control of the team in the GF. Still, I was hoping Luai would go to the Tigers early. I think Penrith might make it 4 in a row this year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i wonder how many more leave panthers surely luke n joey aint the only big names to leave with there salary cap tight