What's new

Recruitment and retention

Josh

QLD Cup
i wonder how many more leave panthers surely luke n joey aint the only big names to leave with there salary cap tight
They've lost literally half the team. I just wish the Roosters for example had the problem of success bringing about salary cap trouble.

mr_c

QLD Cup
They've lost literally half the team. I just wish the Roosters for example had the problem of success bringing about salary cap trouble.
they wont as most there players get outside 3rd party deals like dogs

Josh

QLD Cup
they wont as most there players get outside 3rd party deals like dogs
Braith Anasta, former Roosters player and now player manager said it openly on TV. "There is an understanding that if you sign with the Roosters, the board there will set you up for life after football." So the Roosters cap extends out to long retired Roosters players.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Braith Anasta, former Roosters player and now player manager said it openly on TV. "There is an understanding that if you sign with the Roosters, the board there will set you up for life after football." So the Roosters cap extends out to long retired Roosters players.
yeah they do same with cowboys n melbourne they have deals which dont involve the club

Josh

QLD Cup
yeah they do same with cowboys n melbourne they have deals which dont involve the club
Every club has 3rd party deals. Roosters, by the admission of Braith Anasta keep paying players, one way or another, after they have retired.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Every club has 3rd party deals. Roosters, by the admission of Braith Anasta keep paying players, one way or another, after they have retired.
I know a former rooster.

I won’t say what they said.

I am of the opinion that they are looked after.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I also live in an area of Brisbane with many current and explayers. You hear stories.

Funnily enough Jason Taylor was at my coffee shop during the week of Xmas, in his bulldogs gear. I was wondering what he was up to.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I know a former rooster.

I won’t say what they said.

I am of the opinion that they are looked after.
They are "looked after". Cheating bastards!
I also live in an area of Brisbane with many current and explayers. You hear stories.

Funnily enough Jason Taylor was at my coffee shop during the week of Xmas, in his bulldogs gear. I was wondering what he was up to.
Is he employed by them?

mr_c

QLD Cup
They are "looked after". Cheating bastards!

Is he employed by them?
yeah hes the assistant coach next year was the bears coach and took them to grand final

Last edited:

mr_c

QLD Cup
yes nrl have 3rd party deals but then theres sponsor third party deals these are the ones that set players up for life that only sponsor and players know they dont even need be sponsors of club

look ay cowboys they give players and there familys houses cars jobs among others help them into franchises ( i know newcastle and panthers have frachise deals

hence why you hear of the brown paper bag

yeah i know a guy that played aT chocks 5 years ago who wasnt a good player but set for life

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
yes nrl have 3rd party deals but then theres sponsor third party deals these are the ones that set players up for life that only sponsor and players know they dont even need be sponsors of club

look ay cowboys they give players and there familys houses cars jobs among others help them into franchises ( i know newcastle and panthers have frachise deals

hence why you hear of the brown paper bag

yeah i know a guy that played aT chocks 5 years ago who wasnt a good player but set for life
Same the world over. You here of players in all sports getting things to lubricate a deal. Wife gets a job via a sponsor or associated business. kids get a spot a school which is usually unavailable. I even heard of people getting uni courses 'sponsored' and not the cheap ones MBAs etc.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Same the world over. You here of players in all sports getting things to lubricate a deal. Wife gets a job via a sponsor or associated business. kids get a spot a school which is usually unavailable. I even heard of people getting uni courses 'sponsored' and not the cheap ones MBAs etc.
yup you got be smart at clubs if you can offer the outside deals your killing it

rumour doing round when both jts signed at cowboys there deals were no where near what they said in media espicially jasons because of it

Jetty

QLD Cup
yup you got be smart at clubs if you can offer the outside deals your killing it

rumour doing round when both jts signed at cowboys there deals were no where near what they said in media espicially jasons because of it
Jason Tamololo is surely not on anymore than he is reported to be on. He's probably the most overpaid player in the competition right now. And still has 4 more years left on his deal!

mr_c

QLD Cup
lol bateman over paid now i heard it all, would not be many in the comp that are above him given hes had a lot of injurys hes showed a great deal of talent and would not be to many who are high than him in the props ranks

Jetty

QLD Cup
lol bateman over paid now i heard it all, would not be many in the comp that are above him given hes had a lot of injurys hes showed a great deal of talent and would not be to many who are high than him in the props ranks
Bateman can play pretty much anywhere but prop.