What's new

Recruitment and retention

Dolph

QLD Cup
A healthy Flegler and Averillo going well at 5/8 will see us right up there in my opinion. Hammer doing a bit better with his passing game is another concern.
I think Penrith are finally going to slide but Storm picked up that prop from Tigers and haven't lost anyone of significance from this year's squad.

Blockade

QLD Cup
A healthy Flegler and Averillo going well at 5/8 will see us right up there in my opinion. Hammer doing a bit better with his passing game is another concern.
The glaring issue though is that Gilbert, Lemuelu, Fuller and Flegs aren't tipped to be available in Round 1. A couple more injuries during the preseason could see could see a significant sick bay before the season even starts.

mr_c

QLD Cup
bring in players which be good help n i guess we must be getting few more 5 spots n i doubt that comes from within the club

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
The glaring issue though is that Gilbert, Lemuelu, Fuller and Flegs aren't tipped to be available in Round 1. A couple more injuries during the preseason could see could see a significant sick bay before the season even starts.
I didn't realise Lemuelu was seriously injured. And I thought Gilbert was a chance to be back for round 1 but early rounds at worst.

mr_c

QLD Cup
u would say connie jmk n kenny will play in round one both are expected to play some sorta role in last trial game

Blockade

QLD Cup
It's probably been mentioned before but the Dolphins are planning to table a very healthy offer for Xavier Willison for 2026 onwards. With Kaufusi, K Brom and Nicholls all off contract, they'll certainly have the funds.

mr_c

QLD Cup
It's probably been mentioned before but the Dolphins are planning to table a very healthy offer for Xavier Willison for 2026 onwards. With Kaufusi, K Brom and Nicholls all off contract, they'll certainly have the funds.
won't be happening mate he wants a starting role likely hood for us giving hm starting role is zilch and hes free to go now if found a club we go other players we waiting on even after next year

Chris

QLD Cup
I rate him but I think a lot depends on Flegler. Can a well-balanced team afford to have to big money props? I think that's why Broncos have decided they can't keep him and are sticking with Jensen.

Chris

QLD Cup
won't be happening mate he wants a starting role likely hood for us giving hm starting role is zilch and hes free to go now if found a club we go other players we waiting on even after next year
If hew was signed, why wouldn't he be starting?

mr_c

QLD Cup
If hew was signed, why wouldn't he be starting?
because i see us getting another more senior prop especailly if thom goes , forsure hes great player but still ho hum if broncos will let him go or he would want to go if hes warming the bench here too

Chris

QLD Cup
because i see us getting another more senior prop especailly if thom goes , forsure hes great player but still ho hum if broncos will let him go or he would want to go if hes warming the bench here too
Thom = Tom Flegler?

Chris

QLD Cup
yes i would say once we know what tom does we will either have him or another senior prop thats as well as daniel
If Tom is forced to retire, club will have a huge amount to spend on props but will probably be too late for Willison. Unless they are planning to have him and Flegler. But as I said previously, I don't think clubs can afford 2 props on big money.

mr_c

QLD Cup
If Tom is forced to retire, club will have a huge amount to spend on props but will probably be too late for Willison. Unless they are planning to have him and Flegler. But as I said previously, I don't think clubs can afford 2 props on big money.
hence my thinking we be looking at leo or brodie looking at what we have so far we be well under n could easily get 2 more props especailly knowing got atleast 5-6 spots and most wont b qld cup or junior players

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I was told the operation went to plan etc. So, Id assume he will be back. I can however ask again to see if there is a further update.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Stars with most to gain in Nov 1 feeding frenzy as big pay rises loom​

CONNELLY LEMUELU

The Dolphins’ back-rower started all 18 of his games for Wayne Bennett’s side last season, becoming a reliable workhorse on the edge on both sides of the ball. Lemuelu has scored eight tries in 41 games at the Dolphins taking his career tally to 12 in 65 matches, after debuting for the Cowboys in 2020. The 26-year-old ran for 1,440 metres to go with three linebreaks, 28 tackle busts, three try assists and 512 tackles last season.

Leumuelu’s consistency was a big reason the Dolphins finished within a whisker of a maiden finals appearance and he is expected to go to another level again in 2025 under new coach Kristian Woolf. However, the Dolphins may have to break the bank to keep Lemuelu, with no shortage of clubs on the lookout for quality back-rowers from November 1, which should drive up his asking price.

The Eels are one club who could be in the market for back rowers, with Shaun Lane making a move into the middle forwards this year and Ryan Matterson’s season being plagued by injuries. Matterson has been given permission to talk to rivals, which could open a path for Jason Ryles to make a play for Lemuelu.

Elsewhere, the Broncos’ back row recruits in 2024 in Fletcher Baker and Jaiyden Hunt didn’t have the seasons they were anticipating, while Jack Gosiewski broke his arm very early in his Brisbane career. Lemuelu could be the perfect man to take over an edge slot and partner Jordan Riki, however it remains to be seen if the club have cap space to work with.

I'll be frank and say it was a poor year from Connelly. He might not even get an offer from the Dolphins.