What's new

Other Teams in 2023

Josh

QLD Cup
50,000 for the double header in Perth. You guys reckon a Perth team could work as next expansion club?
Perth for sure. Not only because of the money in WA but for TV. NZ at one end and Perth at the other could ahve games on from the morning to the evening.

Jetty

QLD Cup
50,000 for the double header in Perth. You guys reckon a Perth team could work as next expansion club?
There had to be another Brisbane team first but Perth is also a no-brainer ASAP. Then PNG or a combined Pacific Islander team. The second of those seems like a good idea but where would they be based? I guess PNG will be next after Perth.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
PNG would be amazing for them however is it as lucrative as say a second NZ team

Red

Forum staff
Broncos are on fire against Parramatta. I didn't think they could beat Penrith this year bit of they keep playing like this..............

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Broncos are on fire against Parramatta. I didn't think they could beat Penrith this year bit of they keep playing like this..............

The trophy is definitely in reach now.

Red

Forum staff
The trophy is definitely in reach now.
Looks like they might have peaked too early.
On the one hand, I hope the Broncos win as a reward for Nashy Nashy's hard work and to hopefully make the gang over at BroncosHQ chill out a little. But on the other hand, they say success leads to players staying for less money (that's what happens with the Roosters anyway. Just a theory elsewhere.) and it would make young players yet to play NRL choose the Broncos over us. So Broncos success, specially at this early stage of our existence, would make life more difficult for us.

So I guess the bottom line is, I don't really care. I hope NQ makes a late run and makes it into the finals.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Looks like they might have peaked too early.

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Thinking last night is a peak just means we need to completely discount the fact that we are a good team, and were playing a team who lost key players early.

Equaliser

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Thinking last night is a peak just means we need to completely discount the fact that we are a good team, and were playing a team who lost key players early.
Peaking. An ongoing process which might last a while. I know they lost Moses for the second half but the first half was just as one-sided.

Chris

QLD Cup
What a massive disappointment the Cowboys have been this year. I can't remember but I guess I had them in top 4 or top 2 before the season started.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Who your club is paying to play elsewhere?​

Canterbury, Penrith, Newcastle and Wests Tigers! Nightmare. Especially Canterbury. Look at how much they are paying and for how long!
  • Nathan Brown (Roosters) being paid $350,000 by Eels until end of 2023
  • Nick Cotric (Raiders) being paid $150,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2025
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors) being paid $400,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2024
  • Corey Allan (Roosters) being paid $180,000 by the Bulldogs until end of 2023
  • David Klemmer (Tigers) being paid $400,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Jake Clifford (Hull FC) being paid $100,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Charlie Staines (Tigers) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until end of 2023
  • Waqa Blake (Eels) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until the end of 2023
  • Jacob Liddle (Dragons) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Zane Musgrove (Dragons) being paid $125,000 by Tigers until end of 2024
  • Joe Ofahengaue (Eels) being paid $150,000 by Tigers until end of 2025
  • Jackson Hastings (Tigers) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Ken Maumalo (Titans) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Oliver Gildart (Leigh) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023

Dolph

QLD Cup

Canterbury, Penrith, Newcastle and Wests Tigers! Nightmare. Especially Canterbury. Look at how much they are paying and for how long!
  • Nathan Brown (Roosters) being paid $350,000 by Eels until end of 2023
  • Nick Cotric (Raiders) being paid $150,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2025
  • Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors) being paid $400,000 by Bulldogs until end of 2024
  • Corey Allan (Roosters) being paid $180,000 by the Bulldogs until end of 2023
  • David Klemmer (Tigers) being paid $400,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Jake Clifford (Hull FC) being paid $100,000 by Knights until end of 2023
  • Charlie Staines (Tigers) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until end of 2023
  • Waqa Blake (Eels) being paid $200,000 by Panthers until the end of 2023
  • Jacob Liddle (Dragons) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Zane Musgrove (Dragons) being paid $125,000 by Tigers until end of 2024
  • Joe Ofahengaue (Eels) being paid $150,000 by Tigers until end of 2025
  • Jackson Hastings (Tigers) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Ken Maumalo (Titans) being paid $100,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
  • Oliver Gildart (Leigh) being paid $50,000 by Tigers until end of 2023
Dogs also outbid other clubs for Mahony, JAC, Kikau, Burton and Crighton from next year and are paying TPJ at least 250k not to play next year. They also paid big money for Karl Oloapu on the promise he was going to play in the halves but now they are saying lock.

Must be in a lot of cap distress.

midlands hobo

NZ got a bargain there the flying mullet has been great to watch

Chris

QLD Cup
NZ got a bargain there the flying mullet has been great to watch
Yep but lets see how he goes at the in the finals. There was a good reason Penrith and then the Dogs moved him on early. He was rubbish until this year.

Josh

QLD Cup
Looks almost certain we are going to come 4th last ahead of Tigers, Dragons and Dogs. Pretty much in line with what most people were predicting before round 1. I think most people expected the Dogs to be much better than they have been.

Chris

QLD Cup
Looks almost certain we are going to come 4th last ahead of Tigers, Dragons and Dogs. Pretty much in line with what most people were predicting before round 1. I think most people expected the Dogs to be much better than they have been.
Broncos v Melbourne might be next week and first week of the finals. Will Broncos be able to overcome their bogey team 2 weeks in a row? I think they'll rest several players next week so they have an excuse to lose. Because if they lose with their best available team next week, the mental hurdle might be too much for week 1 of the finals.

midlands hobo

Broncos v Melbourne might be next week and first week of the finals. Will Broncos be able to overcome their bogey team 2 weeks in a row? I think they'll rest several players next week so they have an excuse to lose. Because if they lose with their best available team next week, the mental hurdle might be too much for week 1 of the finals.
If they lose and Penrith win they'll be equal points and 1-1 on head to head. How do they separate them? Is it possible they could lose drop to second and play warriors

Equaliser

If they lose and Penrith win they'll be equal points and 1-1 on head to head. How do they separate them? Is it possible they could lose drop to second and play warriors
In that case it depends on for and against. Penrith would come first due to better for and against. Doubt it will happen. They've been "resting" players for a few weeks. And now they have one of their big guns out next week and first week of the finals at least. I don't think Penrith really care about the minor premiership.

Dolph

QLD Cup
In that case it depends on for and against. Penrith would come first due to better for and against. Doubt it will happen. They've been "resting" players for a few weeks. And now they have one of their big guns out next week and first week of the finals at least. I don't think Penrith really care about the minor premiership.
I wonder of Broncos are going to rest some players or go all out for the minor premiership. If I was supporting them I think....................... I don't know. Positives and negatives either way. I'd probably wish they would go all out for the minor premiership.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I wonder of Broncos are going to rest some players or go all out for the minor premiership. If I was supporting them I think....................... I don't know. Positives and negatives either way. I'd probably wish they would go all out for the minor premiership.
I'd go all in for the minor premiership and premiership as well.