What's new

2025 squad/ targets

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
they improved for one reason players actually see , the light that wasnt shone from the top, after disappearing for last atleast 5 coaches and i think they finially releazised more teams coming mean one thing there chances of keep top young guys will be slim if not preforming
Flanno was the reason, and you're seeing it today. Hard in defense, Flanno not taking any crap in the dressing room. Hook's days have past him

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Funnily enough, a Dragons supporting friend of mine, knows Hook personally.

Even he came to the conclusion that Hook was the issue.

I mean he got rid of Cam MacInnes for Mccullough. One went on to play State of Origin, the other was a dinosaur.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Funnily enough, a Dragons supporting friend of mine, knows Hook personally.

Even he came to the conclusion that Hook was the issue.

I mean he got rid of Cam MacInnes for Mccullough. One went on to play State of Origin, the other was a dinosaur.
ask him why mcinness plays well now you fan mate might be because he got a attitude adjustment when got reduced pay on his contract also why he had change positions

Chris

QLD Cup
ask him why mcinness plays well now you fan maye might be because he got a attitude adjustment when got reduced pay on his contract
McInnes used to be a hooker. He was average at best at hooker and same for lock. He works hard. Lots of runs and lots of tackles which isn't bad but at the business end of the season and in big games like Origin, need more than "a hard worker".

Chris

QLD Cup
i think we may need go higher than that if the tigers deals 4 mil n the panthers ones just over 900
Judging from what I've seen, if Tigers or Panthers or any other club gets him for 900k, they are welcome to him. Though I haven't seen a lot of him so not the best judge.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
ask him why mcinness plays well now you fan mate might be because he got a attitude adjustment when got reduced pay on his contract also why he had change positions
He is playing well because he has a good coach that knows how to play him and get the best out of him.

Where as hook replaced a player that was playing well with Mccollough who was slow and woeful.

McInnes is the last player in the NRL in need of an attitude adjustment. In fact, he is the first player in the whole comp I would pick in my team to set the tone at a club and lead the culture.

Josh

QLD Cup
He is playing well because he has a good coach that knows how to play him and get the best out of him.

Where as hook replaced a player that was playing well with Mccollough who was slow and woeful.

McInnes is the last player in the NRL in need of an attitude adjustment. In fact, he is the first player in the whole comp I would pick in my team to set the tone at a club and lead the culture.
Hard worker and the ultimate pro but I wouldn't want him at the Dolphins. If he was 10cm taller and 15kg heavier he'd be a great prop.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
He was a good coach literally 15~20 years ago. Though he might be ok as an assistant. It's interesting how many very successful assistant coaches are very bad head coaches.
I think that's more to do with the role of head coach, is it 'coach' or is it manager. Vince Lombardy said coaches that can explain a play on a chalk board are a dime a dozen.

Many assistants are basically cone fairies. They have expertise in a small area but have nothing beyond and act under direction. Every coaching course I have ever been on is about skills. At this level you shouldn't be coaching a player skills they should already have them. Head coaching is about management, until there is a proper coach development pathway in place this will be a constant argument.

Top flight football coaches of all codes (except NFL) get their jobs in this age through one thing show us your medals. The belief that you cannot be a good coach if you never played at the top level needs to be shaken out. Who the fuck let Sam Burgess become a coach after 5 mins of retirement? you could go down the local club on a sunday morning and see people with 10/20/30 years coaching experience who would be far better. The simple reason you don't get them at the top level is nobody has heard of them.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think that's more to do with the role of head coach, is it 'coach' or is it manager. Vince Lombardy said coaches that can explain a play on a chalk board are a dime a dozen.

Many assistants are basically cone fairies. They have expertise in a small area but have nothing beyond and act under direction. Every coaching course I have ever been on is about skills. At this level you shouldn't be coaching a player skills they should already have them. Head coaching is about management, until there is a proper coach development pathway in place this will be a constant argument.

Top flight football coaches of all codes (except NFL) get their jobs in this age through one thing show us your medals. The belief that you cannot be a good coach if you never played at the top level needs to be shaken out. Who the fuck let Sam Burgess become a coach after 5 mins of retirement? you could go down the local club on a sunday morning and see people with 10/20/30 years coaching experience who would be far better. The simple reason you don't get them at the top level is nobody has heard of them.
go look at the next generation of coaches in nrl feeder sides n juniors most them are retired only 5 years ago or less , and we seeing more of it the clubs getting behind ex players to get there qualifications

Chris

QLD Cup

Typically the really good players are crap coaches. Hasler and Ricky Stuart are exceptions. Jury still out on Kevvy. Others top coaches were typically fringe first graders.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Typically the really good players are crap coaches. Hasler and Ricky Stuart are exceptions. Jury still out on Kevvy. Others top coaches were typically fringe first graders.

yeah its all about how they use there head ivan was no super star n doing ok too

Josh

QLD Cup
yeah its all about how they use there head ivan was no super star n doing ok too
Fitzgibbon was a gun backrower. Trent Barrett wasn't exactly a gun but a multiple times Origin 5/8.

But yeah, the most successful were at best solid first graders like Bellamy and Cleary but not even that for Trent Robinson, Cameron Ciraldo, Seibold and more.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Fitzgibbon was a gun backrower. Trent Barrett wasn't exactly a gun but a multiple times Origin 5/8.

But yeah, the most successful were at best solid first graders like Bellamy and Cleary but not even that for Trent Robinson, Cameron Ciraldo, Seibold and more.
I remember Seibold when he started out in the Wales with the Scorpions in must be 2010/11. Seemed like a sound bloke and worked with basically a (semi pro) in the loosest sense of the term. He then left to move back to Qcup. he's worked his way up. JD who I think the souths shafted again started at the lowest level of the Uks pyramid with Keighley (Prounced Keith-Lee) as a player coach. I'm more irritated by the likes of Burgess, In the States coaching is a profession that people go into out of college.

Josh

QLD Cup
I remember Seibold when he started out in the Wales with the Scorpions in must be 2010/11. Seemed like a sound bloke and worked with basically a (semi pro) in the loosest sense of the term. He then left to move back to Qcup. he's worked his way up. JD who I think the souths shafted again started at the lowest level of the Uks pyramid with Keighley (Prounced Keith-Lee) as a player coach. I'm more irritated by the likes of Burgess, In the States coaching is a profession that people go into out of college.
I don't have a problem with the former fringe first graders, if that, being head coaches. I was just commenting on how they seem to be the most successful, generally speaking. There are a few exceptions.

What is Burgess up to these days? There is talk about him being called back to be an assistant for Souths.