17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Josh Kerr
  19. Ray Stone
  20. Kenny Bromwich
  21. Connelly Lemuelu
  22. Kodi Nikorima
  23. Oryn Keeley
  24. Jarrod Wallace

• Something no one considered. Tessi at centre, Bostock on the wing and neither Averillo or Val in the team.
  • Despite another lackluster game, SOS still has inside running for halfback.
  • Is Wayne thinking Aitken running on and Lemuelu on the bench???
Here is how I see it. Tesi is auditioning for a centre role here. Averillo is a lock for the first team. However, Averillo can play in the halves as we know. Id be very worried if i were SoS with this selection.

Going out and signing Averillo for him not to be in the team at all seem daft. If Tesi kills it, I see SoS missing out with Katoa and Averillo in the halves. Tesi has been a surprise at the start of this year.

Looking at our team list, there is plenty of depth in the forwards and outside backs. That starting 7 is our only worry.

Chris

QLD Cup
Here is how I see it. Tesi is auditioning for a centre role here. Averillo is a lock for the first team. However, Averillo can play in the halves as we know. Id be very worried if i were SoS with this selection.

Going out and signing Averillo for him not to be in the team at all seem daft. If Tesi kills it, I see SoS missing out with Katoa and Averillo in the halves. Tesi has been a surprise at the start of this year.

Looking at our team list, there is plenty of depth in the forwards and outside backs. That starting 7 is our only worry.
That makes sense.

mr_c

QLD Cup

waynes the sort of guy if he wanted him at 6 or 7 he woulda played him there like katoa reverting back to half back i dont see it at all

i be highly suprised if was * wayne did say the backline any one of them could play anywhere there

i wouldnt mind seeing brendan on the wing has the hieght speed n footy knowledge

your smoking some bloody big if you think jakes a full time halfs especially when hes was at dogs he wanted to stay in centres

Dolph

QLD Cup
waynes the sort of guy if he wanted him at 6 or 7 he woulda played him there like katoa reverting back to half back i dont see it at all

i be highly suprised if was * wayne did say the backline any one of them could play anywhere there

i wouldnt mind seeing brendan on the wing has the hieght speed n footy knowledge

your smoking some bloody big if you think jakes a full time halfs especially when hes was at dogs he wanted to stay in centres
I don't think in the halves is his best position but might make a good stop-gap 5/8.

SOS has a chance to play well this weekend and put the speculation to bed for at least the first few rounds.

Josh

QLD Cup
I don't think in the halves is his best position but might make a good stop-gap 5/8.

SOS has a chance to play well this weekend and put the speculation to bed for at least the first few rounds.
I really hope SoS silences his critics.

Blockade

QLD Cup
I really hope SoS silences his critics.
He doesn't have the ability to silence his critics. He is slow, a poor kicking game and very shaky defensively. He is a very clever HB but doesn't have the physical prowess to enact it.

Red

Forum staff
He doesn't have the ability to silence his critics. He is slow, a poor kicking game and very shaky defensively. He is a very clever HB but doesn't have the physical prowess to enact it.
There's that too.

Josh

QLD Cup
There's that too.
Yes and no. In the first half of last season he was ok. Held his own. He only has to be that good. I don't think anyone is expecting more from him. And then if Milf isn't busting the door down in the QLD Cup, SoS has a chance to stay in first grade.

I know it seems a bit far fetched but lets wait until this next trial.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I think if Averillo is given significant time in the halves this weekend, it means Wayne agrees.

mr_c

QLD Cup
There's that too.
his biggest issue is having katoa beside him yes iget hes young but very rarely runs and hasn't got the ability to guide just yet and thats the big reason why i supported sos at 7 i do hope katoa has a stella season but really not convinced he will but on other hand nothing on open market better

Dolph

QLD Cup
his biggest issue is having katoa beside him yes iget hes young but very rarely runs and hasn't got the ability to guide just yet and thats the big reason why i supported sos at 7 i do hope katoa has a stella season but really not convinced he will but on other hand nothing on open market better
It's true both are ball players without much of a rumning game.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Agree 100%

And the fact that Averillo would make us a better team in the halves, isnt because Averillo's best position is in the halves, I agree he isnt that good, however he is a shitload better then SoS.

You ask any NRL fan, if they had a choice between SoS or Averilo on a free transfer for a halves position, I bet you get a vast majority saying Averilo, and 1 saying SoS - Mr C.

Chris

QLD Cup
Agree 100%

And the fact that Averillo would make us a better team in the halves, isnt because Averillo's best position is in the halves, I agree he isnt that good, however he is a shitload better then SoS.

You ask any NRL fan, if they had a choice between SoS or Averilo on a free transfer for a halves position, I bet you get a vast majority saying Averilo, and 1 saying SoS - Mr C.
Don't know about Averillo in the halves. Maybe he'll go well if asked to play there. But I think Kotoa is really going to step up this year.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
So the plan is to watch tomorrow, down side is it's a 4:45am KO here. So it maybe on catchup