What's new

2024 Pre-season

Josh

QLD Cup
Suddenly I lost interest in the game after Tommy's unfortunate incident.
Yep. Fortunately this year I think we are in a much better position to replace him. But still a massive blow if it's as bad as it looks.

Josh

QLD Cup
Well, with the preseason done and dusted it looks like we are no closer to figuring out the halves combo. I guess it means starting the season with SoS and 1/2 and Katoa at 5/8.

Josh

QLD Cup
TBH the Warriors were really impressive. They are going to be one of the teams to beat this year.
They kept almost their best team on the field for most of the game but yeah, they were much better than us.

Josh

QLD Cup
Out of Averillo, Herbie and Val, the last of those 3 was the most impressive in the pre-season games.

Blockade

QLD Cup
They kept almost their best team on the field for most of the game but yeah, they were much better than us.
The Dolphins had more possession, territory and running metres. But the same old problem exists. Missed tackles were 47-11. Fix that major deficiency and they'll win more than they lose. They probably still don't have the personnel atm though.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Out of Averillo, Herbie and Val, the last of those 3 was the most impressive in the pre-season games.
Val still gets lost defensively though and there is still a lot of work to be done. He'll get there eventually but he'll be starting the season in Q Cup.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Tommy Gilbert out for the season. Huge blow. Club has more depth or much more than last season but to lose an Origin forward for the entire season is a disaster. I'm tipping us to just miss out on the 8. 9th spot.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Tommy Gilbert out for the season. Huge blow. Club has more depth or much more than last season but to lose an Origin forward for the entire season is a disaster. I'm tipping us to just miss out on the 8. 9th spot.
yeah but only two that really ply a strong lock roll