What's new

Why did you choose to support the Dolphins?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I think everyone can also agree "Brisbane Dolphins" isn't on.
100%. Have to establish their own identity and not be this cash grab replica of the Broncos. Thing is we have our own identity built up since 1945 and a lot of people outside of the immediate area who resonate with it.

Jetty

QLD Cup
As someone not from Redcliffe but the Moreton Bay region, I'm fine with either of those names. That is, Redcliffe Dolphins or Moreton Bay Dolphins. Definately not Brisbane Dolphins. Don't like North Brisbane Dolphins either.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Redcliffe_Dolphins_Logo.png

Jetty

QLD Cup
The team trains in Redcliffe
The coach lives in Redcliffe
The home ground is in Redcliffe
The Leagues Club is in Redcliffe
Team management operate out of Redcliffe......

Lets not call this thing something that it isn't.
True but all of that and more could be said of the Moreton Bay area. I'm not against the team being named Redcliffe. I'm just fine with either of the two.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
The team trains in Redcliffe
The coach lives in Redcliffe
The home ground is in Redcliffe
The Leagues Club is in Redcliffe
Team management operate out of Redcliffe......

Lets not call this thing something that it isn't.
I think the only thing that isn't in Redcliffe is our star player who somehow found a place at Banyo that was over 2 mill. I still don't know how that is even possible lol.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
True but all of that and more could be said of the Moreton Bay area. I'm not against the team being named Redcliffe. I'm just fine with either of the two.
If not for the QLD government meddling in local affairs.......Moreton Bay would have no other reference than Artie's pub.

The Redcliffe City Council after substantial funding towards the brand, would be all over this.
The Redcliffe name would never have been in doubt.

Jetty

QLD Cup
If not for the QLD government meddling in local affairs.......Moreton Bay would have no other reference than Artie's pub.

The Redcliffe City Council after substantial funding towards the brand, would be all over this.
Well, you know much more about local politics than me so I can't disagree.

Nashy

Broncos Scout

RCC doesn't exist anymore. It's MBRC now days old timer.

Chris

QLD Cup
Have to do market research and find out how supporters and sponsors outside of Moreton Bay area feel. I think about 90% in Moreton Bay area are happy with Redcliffe.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
RCC doesn't exist anymore. It's MBRC now days old timer.
Well derrr......that was the entire point of what I said.

"If not for the QLD government meddling in local affairs......etc etc "

I think it was the Beattie government that decided to shoehorn Redcliffe/Pine Rivers/Caboolture all as one into Moreton Bay Regional Council.

The MBRC has poured substantial money into the Dolphins birth....they are pushing HARD for the name Moreton Bay Dolphins.

If the Redcliffe City Council was still operating.......they along with their money, would be pushing for the name Redcliffe Dolphins.

Am I getting through here......?

giphy.gif

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

No RCC now, but even without Artie and his old pub,
Well derrr......that was the entire point of what I said.

"If not for the QLD government meddling in local affairs......etc etc "

I think it was the Beattie government that decided to shoehorn Redcliffe/Pine Rivers/Caboolture all as one into Moreton Bay Regional Council.

The MBRC has poured substantial money into the Dolphins birth....they are pushing HARD for the name Moreton Bay Dolphins.

If the Redcliffe City Council was still operating.......they along with their money, would be pushing for the name Redcliffe Dolphins.

Am I getting through here......?

giphy.gif
Just Moreton Bay Council alone has almost half a million residents, not to mention the other councils like Redlands and even Brisbane which also reside on the broader Moreton Bay. You'd think that is enough population to at the very least facilitate naming it Moreton Bay Dolphins. No wonder MBRC was pissed they pumped 10 mill into the stadium for no naming rights.

Chris

QLD Cup
No RCC now, but even without Artie and his old pub,

Just Moreton Bay Council alone has almost half a million residents, not to mention the other councils like Redlands and even Brisbane which also reside on the broader Moreton Bay. You'd think that is enough population to at the very least facilitate naming it Moreton Bay Dolphins. No wonder MBRC was pissed they pumped 10 mill into the stadium for no naming rights.
I was thinking that too but was afraid of copping vitriol🤐. Redcliffe has a population of a touch over 10k. Almost half a mil live in the MBRC jurisdiction.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I was thinking that too but was afraid of copping vitriol🤐. Redcliffe has a population of a touch over 10k. Almost half a mil live in the MBRC jurisdiction.
The broader Redcliffe peninsular has 65k people and it's growing quickly, but that includes Margate, Scarborough etc. The name Redcliffe certainly still applies to the general area as well as the suburb itself.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
No vitriol about your opinion.......I can certainly empathise with the idea behind calling the side The Moreton Bay Dolphins
and TBH, as a 2nd option I could live with it......just.

They will always be the Redcliffe Dolphins to me....and Kayo Stadium will always be Dolphin Oval.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Broncos are pushing the Redcliffe line hard. Their fans are having a laugh at our expense over it. That's deserved as the club won't give the team a name.

I like Redcliffe Dolphins but Moreton Bay Dolphins sounds nice and encompasses a very large area including Redcliffe. It's a no-brainer for me.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Broncos are pushing the Redcliffe line hard. Their fans are having a laugh at our expense over it. That's deserved as the club won't give the team a name.

I like Redcliffe Dolphins but Moreton Bay Dolphins sounds nice and encompasses a very large area including Redcliffe. It's a no-brainer for me.
Like it seems everyone, I'm totally fine with either but now I'm leaning toward Moreton Bay. I just wish they'd hurry TF up and decide on either one.