What's new

Why did you choose to support the Dolphins?

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
At 6am with eyes like piss holes in the snow I don't care what they are called as long as they play well

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
What do you guys think of the whole 'Phins up' catch-cry? I am not sure if I like it to be honest, seems corny.

A lot of broncs fans were taking the piss of it too last game - easy pickings I guess.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
What do you guys think of the whole 'Phins up' catch-cry? I am not sure if I like it to be honest, seems corny.

A lot of broncs fans were taking the piss of it too last game - easy pickings I guess.
To be completely honest...I think it sucks balls. In fact, I find the whole reference "the phins" as degrading.
It smacks so much of modernism.

...and as for the Dolphin fin hat.....?

giphy.gif

midlands hobo

It's used by the Miami dolphins so not original

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
God I hate how Australian sport so often copies American sport.

tommy

Pod Calf
have not been entirely happy with how the broncos have been run for awhile. Admittedly things seem to be going a bit better this year but the nepotism shown towards billy walters is a pretty big sticking point with me. Plus everyone loves an underdog and there’s a fair portion of posters on bhq that are coming across as extremely bitter that the dolphins have been let into the comp. There is plenty of room for both teams.

Red

Forum staff
have not been entirely happy with how the broncos have been run for awhile. Admittedly things seem to be going a bit better this year but the nepotism shown towards billy walters is a pretty big sticking point with me. Plus everyone loves an underdog and there’s a fair portion of posters on bhq that are coming across as extremely bitter that the dolphins have been let into the comp. There is plenty of room for both teams.
Absolutely! Ample room for 2 teams.

Equaliser

I think most Broncos fans don't mind having another team in town.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Welcome mate and I definitely agree.

Bluey

Pod Calf
I still love the Broncos to be honest. After 34 years of cheering for them: I was there in 88 as a kid watching them beat Parramatta; Ive enjoyed the highs and endured the lows. It’s hard and maybe a bit weird if you could turn that off. At least right away. But, I’ve lived in Moreton Bay for most of my life and went to school at Redcliffe so the Dolphins are special in that they are a team from my local area. We haven’t really had that before in Brisbane: A team that was obviously from a specific area and something special for the locals.

Josh

QLD Cup
I still love the Broncos to be honest. After 34 years of cheering for them: I was there in 88 as a kid watching them beat Parramatta; Ive enjoyed the highs and endured the lows. It’s hard and maybe a bit weird if you could turn that off. At least right away. But, I’ve lived in Moreton Bay for most of my life and went to school at Redcliffe so the Dolphins are special in that they are a team from my local area. We haven’t really had that before in Brisbane: A team that was obviously from a specific area and something special for the locals.
I supported a Sydney team and kind of the Titans until now. I still have a soft spot for both but am definitely on the Dolphins bandwagon.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Welcome to the forum.

On the subject of Moreton Bay, Redcliffe and Brisbane, if you haven't already, please cast your vote here:
https://dolphinspod.net/threads/what-should-be-the-dolphins-name.31/