What's new

Why did you choose to support the Dolphins?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Just curious why everyone here decided to support the Dolphins, and if you used to support the Broncos? Did it feel strange going to Suncorp (or watching the match) hoping the Broncos would lose?

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Just curious why everyone here decided to support the Dolphins, and if you used to support the Broncos? Did it feel strange going to Suncorp (or watching the match) hoping the Broncos would lose?
Was never really a Broncos supporter because my dad got me into another team when I was an infant but I'm from Brisbane. I couldn't go to the game but it seemed strange to see the Broncos getting booed at Lang Park.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Was never really a Broncos supporter because my dad got me into another team when I was an infant but I'm from Brisbane. I couldn't go to the game but it seemed strange to see the Broncos getting booed at Lang Park.
Would you still support them if they were called Redcliffe instead of The?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I would but I could understand if a lot of Bribsanites wouldn't. How about you?
I switched because of the Redcliffe factor, but if they further alienate the history and and heritage of here I would probably go back to the Broncos.

Same as the talks of making the North Sydney Bears into a Perth or other location team.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I switched because of the Redcliffe factor, but if they further alienate the history and and heritage of here I would probably go back to the Broncos.

Same as the talks of making the North Sydney Bears into a Perth or other location team.
So you are a Redcliffe native?

Josh

QLD Cup
I was born and lived my first few years in Sydney and have kind of followed a Sydney team since. Until now.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I was born and lived my first few years in Sydney and have kind of followed a Sydney team since. Until now.
It's cool the Dolphins can reach out to people like you. A lot of people that live here actually support St George and other Sydney clubs, despite of the geographic titles.

Josh

QLD Cup
It's cool the Dolphins can reach out to people like you. A lot of people that live here actually support St George and other Sydney clubs, despite of the geographic titles.
Should have been a second Brisbane team a decade ago.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
I am a native....spent maybe 30 yrs out of 50, living there. Born and bred. Played for Redcliffe U/8's - 17's

RE Following an NRL team......as a QLD'r there was no other choice than the Broncos when the NSWRL/NRL began, and I was still following Redcliffe in the BRL/QCup/>insert new sponsor<Cup

Being a pretty loyal fellow I didn't jump on the Titans and Cowboys when they came along.

I wanna be on Redcliffe....but it's this absurd notion of calling us another name, that has me at a crossroads. If this push continue or escalates, I could very well find myself still a Bronco man.

Last Friday night was a win/win for me....so I didn't mind it at all.

Josh

QLD Cup
I am a native....spent maybe 30 yrs out of 50, living there. Born and bred. Played for Redcliffe U/8's - 17's

RE Following an NRL team......as a QLD'r there was no other choice than the Broncos when the NSWRL/NRL began, and I was still following Redcliffe in the BRL/QCup/>insert new sponsor<Cup

Being a pretty loyal fellow I didn't jump on the Titans and Cowboys when they came along.

I wanna be on Redcliffe....but it's this absurd notion of calling us another name, that has me at a crossroads. If this push continue or escalates, I could very well find myself still a Bronco man.

A name other than "Redcliffe" or this no-name stupidity?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

I feel the same mate. Always followed the national and local comps too. As much as I loved what the Broncos bought to the overall game and supported them wholeheartedly at a national level, I feel their presence took something away that was special here in Qld with the local comp. and the tribalism that it bought.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Personally I think Moreton Bay Dolphins is fine.
I can personally 100% support that name too.
Just bring some sort of close geographical association to Redcliffe to the team without this BS fear of committment for missing out on fans who don't live with within it.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
A name other than "Redcliffe" or this no-name stupidity?
Personally I think Moreton Bay Dolphins is fine.
Like everyone else, I like the idea of "Redcliffe" but the bottom line is, it (Redcliffe) is a suburb in a national competition. Not gonna cut it. Have to go with "Moreton Bay Dolphins".

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Like everyone else, I like the idea of "Redcliffe" but the bottom line is, it (Redcliffe) is a suburb in a national competition. Not gonna cut it. Have to go with "Moreton Bay Dolphins".
There is that many cashed up Sydney and Melbourne w'kers buying up here now we could probably get away with calling it the Syd/Melb Dolphins lol.

Red

Forum staff
I said previously, I think the only thing everyone can agree on is that they need a name, not jut a logo, ASAP!